and the winner of Euro 2004 are....

Saintsfan

damn...Portugal's starting to look like Spain in the choking department. and just when you figured they were gonna actually win something :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

damn...Portugal's starting to look like Spain in the choking department.  and just when you figured they were gonna actually win something :blink:

SO MUCH GREECE BANDWAGONERS!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Just wait til 2006 in Germany.

damn...Portugal's starting to look like Spain in the choking department. and just when you figured they were gonna actually win something :blink:

no need to pull out the wagon...just makin an observation. just sayin it looks like soccer's second most famed underachievers have taught their neighbors the art of choking. looks like Portugal looked at Greece like they looked at the Americans-laughin at the start, jaws droppin at theend

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

no need to pull out the wagon...just makin an observation.  just sayin it looks like soccer's second most famed underachievers have taught their neighbors the art of choking.  looks like Portugal looked at Greece like they looked at the Americans-laughin at the start, jaws droppin at theend

When everyones team was knocked out, they had to cheer for Greece. Kind of like the Mighty Ducks bangwagon. CURSE BANDWAGONERS!!! :cursing:

SO MUCH GREECE BANDWAGONERS!!!!  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Yeah? Then what happens? Rui Costa, Luis Figo, Rui Jorge, Fernando Couto and possibly Costinha and Pauleta will ALL BE GONE. Ronaldo and Deco can't carry the team that far. 2006 will belong to a young country, be it Brazil, or, as much as it pains me, USA or England. <_< Anyways, my thoughts on Euro 2004:

It's starting to slowly sink in that the Greeks won it. However, even though they beat a couple of power-houses, they are still undeserving champs. Dirty, dirrty, DIRTY team. Don't call me bias, because I wasn't a Portugal fan to start with. Facts are facts.

Portugal hosted one hell of a tournament, kudos to them. Fabulous pitches, great officiating. Overall, the tourney gets a 7.5/10. Now here are my picks for the best moments:

Best match: (TIE) France 2 vs. England 1 -AND- Czech Rep. 3 vs. Holland 2

Most entertaining/exciting match: Portugal 2 vs. England 2 (POR 6-5 on PEN)

Best kit: Spain (Red top, navy shorts)

Best goal: Maniche (POR) vs. Holland (Semi-Finals)

Best upset: Greece 1 vs. France 0

Biggest crybabies: No brainer: Italy. Conspiracy theorists can kiss me arse.

Biggest disappointment: (TIE) Spain, France, Italy & Germany all failing tp reach the Semi-Finals. -AND- Referee Pierluigi Collina reffing his last match. :cry: (FIFA Refs face mandatory retirement by age 45.)

Euro 2004 All-Star Team:

• GK: Antonios Nikopolidis (GRE)
  • D: Traianos Dellas (GRE)
  • D: Ricardo Carvalho (POR)
  • D: Martin Jiránek (CZE)
  • M: Pavel Nedved (CZE)
  • M: Zinédine Zidane (FRA)
  • M: Luís Figo (POR)
  • M: Maniche (POR)
  • F: Wayne Rooney (ENG)
  • F: Henrik Larsson (SWE)
  • F: Milan Baro? (CZE)

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

When everyones team was knocked out, they had to cheer for Greece. Kind of like the Mighty Ducks bangwagon. CURSE BANDWAGONERS!!! :cursing:

kinda like this year with Calg....

nah Im not EVEN gonna get started :evil:

:lol: If you're not Canadian, it's kinda tough to understand....

no need to pull out the wagon...just makin an observation. just sayin it looks like soccer's second most famed underachievers have taught their neighbors the art of choking. looks like Portugal looked at Greece like they looked at the Americans-laughin at the start, jaws droppin at theend

When the Mighty Ducks actually made it as far as they did, I was convinced that everyone was gonna go against because of the passing distaste most people have for the name and uniforms of the Mighty Ducks. Then again I guess they all decided to jump on board when they saw they were facing off against one of the Axis in the Finals and were just so sick of them being there again.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Those with paranoid, conspiracy theory attitudes might find it interesting that Greece won Euro 2004 out of nowhere just weeks before the country is to host the biggest International Sports Competition in the world. <_<

Hmm.... I wonder if Italy will win the 2005 IIHF World Championships? <_<

Referee Pierluigi Collina reffing his last match. :cry: (FIFA Refs face mandatory retirement by age 45.)

I thought that was just the rule in Serie A.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Yeah? Then what happens? Rui Costa, Luis Figo, Rui Jorge, Fernando Couto and possibly Costinha and Pauleta will ALL BE GONE. Ronaldo and Deco can't carry the team that far. 2006 will belong to a young country, be it Brazil, or, as much as it pains me, USA or England. <_< Anyways, my thoughts on Euro 2004:

It's starting to slowly sink in that the Greeks won it. However, even though they beat a couple of power-houses, they are still undeserving champs. Dirty, dirrty, DIRTY team. Don't call me bias, because I wasn't a Portugal fan to start with. Facts are facts.

Portugal hosted one hell of a tournament, kudos to them. Fabulous pitches, great officiating. Overall, the tourney gets a 7.5/10. Now here are my picks for the best moments:

Best match: (TIE) France 2 vs. England 1 -AND- Czech Rep. 3 vs. Holland 2

Most entertaining/exciting match: Portugal 2 vs. England 2 (POR 6-5 on PEN)

Best kit: Spain (Red top, navy shorts)

Best goal: Maniche (POR) vs. Holland (Semi-Finals)

Best upset: Greece 1 vs. France 0

Biggest crybabies: No brainer: Italy. Conspiracy theorists can kiss me arse.

Biggest disappointment: (TIE) Spain, France, Italy & Germany all failing tp reach the Semi-Finals. -AND- Referee Pierluigi Collina reffing his last match. :cry: (FIFA Refs face mandatory retirement by age 45.)

Euro 2004 All-Star Team:

• GK: Antonios Nikopolidis (GRE)
  • D: Traianos Dellas (GRE)
  • D: Ricardo Carvalho (POR)
  • D: Martin Jiránek (CZE)
  • M: Pavel Nedved (CZE)
  • M: Zinédine Zidane (FRA)
  • M: Luís Figo (POR)
  • M: Maniche (POR)
  • F: Wayne Rooney (ENG)
  • F: Henrik Larsson (SWE)
  • F: Milan Baro? (CZE)

Agree with you on everything Eddie. Also, I think that All-Star Team list is from euro2004.com.

Archived