Stories on Trades and Free Agent Signings?

Sorry to make a whole post asking but does anybody know of where I can find some behind the scenes stories or videos dealing with trades and free agent signings? Id appreciate any help.

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

Need more details. Give me an example of one.

edit: How about this - the Wayne Gretzky trade has an entire documentary from ESPN's 30 For 30 series called "Kings Ransom."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERNoPjH4MNA

It's available on Netflix in it's entirety, I believe.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The team executive will typically write a book with a dedicated chapter, especially if they win something. They (player, owner, coach or executive) MAY give a extended interview to a local beat writer or radio host.

Both Pat Riley and Mickey Arison have talked extensively on Dan LeBatard's radio sthow about the process of signing LeBron. There are many articles on Hershel Walker being traded to Dallas, on then Saints giving up all picks to draft Ricky Williams, and event a NHL Network special on Philly trading for Lindros.

Search for the specific transaction and you should find a detailed backstory.

See if you can find a series called Oil Change. It documents the Edmonton Oilers over the past few seasons. I think the first episode or two of each season touch on signing free agents and making trades.

One of the best stories on trades has to be how the Nordiques traded the rights to Eric Lindros to both the Rangers and Flyers on the same day, and an arbitrator had to rule a week or so later that the Flyers had the valid claim to him. Turns out it ended up ruining the Flyers, and winning a cup for the Nordiques.

Another fun (and sorta related) story is how Rod Brind'Amour was traded from the Flyers to the Hurricanes because Eric Lindros was nailing his wife and this was the easist way to "fix the problem". Yet another kinda-sorta related story was how the Flyers re-aquired Rick Tocchet, who's first order of business was to lay out Lindros with a punch to the face in retaliation for him banging Brind'Amour's wife (amongs other wives.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't find any confirmation online, but I remember when Dominik Hasek orchestrated his trade from Buffalo to Detroit, there was a story circulating that he actually vetoed the first trade because the Red Wings gave up too much to get him.

Archived