Teams you were fan of, but not anymore after rebrand ?

Rays

I would not say that I was a true fan of these teams, but I think their initial re-brand made me pay more attention to them:

1) Atlanta Falcons - I loved when the team got rid of the red helmet went to black to became the "Dirty Birds" in 1990.

From this:

To this:

To this re-brand which was great with all-black, but okay with the red jersey and white pants:

I LOVE this uniform and it's an example of a team I payed a bit less attention to when they went to the current logo. Leaving red off of the helmet and being this basic is not really "me", but for some reason, I just loved this. The Falcons went from "just another team" to a team I noticed having top ten uniforms, to blah.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the 2nd worst in the NFL:

2014-03-03-nf1.jpg

And there it happens again.

Every time I see the new Bucs set - EVERY TIME, it looks worse than it did the time before. That's never happened before. I eventually got used to, or "accepted", every other design that I've hated. Basically just became apathetic. This one actually gets my blood boiling EVERY SINGLE GODSDAM TIME I lay eyes on it. It's fraking horrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm still a fan of the team, but it will reduce my merchandise purchases. Though it wasn't a full rebrand, I will not buy black UW merchandise.

This is essentially how I feel. I will remain a fan of my teams no matter what they wear. It's the people inside the the uniforms and the fact that they're my city's team that makes me a fan more than anything else. However, if my team rolls out in something awful, I will not buy any merchandise depicting the new look. You couldn't give it to me either and I would never wear it either in the arena or elsewhere. Just because I like the team doesn't mean I have to like the way they look or buy a jersey.

It's just fickle to stop rooting for a team just because you don't like a uniform change or a rebranding. Like others have said you're more a fan of the uniforms than anything else. If your team does change to a uniform you don't like, you can always just spend your time looking at pictures or video of the team when they wore older, better uniforms instead of watching the games live in the new uniforms.

These guys...

ap090814082914.jpg?w=620&h=929

... were my official "second" when I was a kid. Great logo, great colors, and played in the AFC, so they were never a direct problem for my Vikings.

These guys...

04926328788cacff_shery.jpg.xxxlarge.jpg

...can disappear off the face of the earth and I wouldn't miss them.

I just want to say that this post apparently lodged itself in my subconscious enough for me to have a dream last night in which someone redesigned the Seahawks uniform to go back to the colors and traditional look of the first pic you posted, but they had for some reason used too much of that green around the shoulders, and I was telling them that the green is a trim color, not a secondary color.

(For the record, I was fine with the Nike redesign. I think the pattern on the front and back numbers is too much and they should just be solid silver like the TV numbers, and the redesign in general didn't excite me as much as I wish it had, but the grey alts are great for us--call them silver and look at those first uniforms if you think it's GFGS--and now that we've won the Super Bowl in this set it's immortalized.)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I have been a fan of the Dolphins since I was a kid during the days of the Killer B's defense, Super Duper, Mark Clayton, the hook-and-ladder, Don Strock, and Dan Marino straight-outta-Pitt. Miami has absolutely killed its identity with the current logo, white facemask, and minimal use of orange. I barely stop to watch the highlights on ESPN anymore, let alone watch them play a full game. Fair-weather fan? I don't think so at all. Just another fan who saw his team's identity get blown up in favor of Nike garbage. See also: Tampa Bay and Seattle.

Archived