Wolverines Concepts

paynomind

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey MoJoTo! Zip your lip before I shut it for you! Even though I haven't been posting for very long, I am an avid surfer on these boards for quite a long time now, and what I've seen is a ton of people here helping each other out both creatively and artistically. Instead of pointing the finger at someone, point it at yourself. Do you remember this?

Eagles.gif

Oh yeah, I can see that this is a definite ripoff of the Phildalphia Eagles logo. If you can't see it, then you sir are dumb and stupid.

And another thing, how dare you say that paynomind stole the University of Michigan's personna! In case you haven't read avenger's previous post:

"The winged football helmet, while most well known by being used by Michigan, is used in many other places. Everyone from the Deleware and Princeton Universities, to about a billion and a half high schools, amateur teams, and little league teams."

So, if I were you, I would just shut up! Understand?

To everyone else, all the work I've seen on this board is remarkable. Why is that? Because everyone here helps each other out (excluding MoJoTo). That is why I love this place!

So if anyone's looking for a friend to talk to, I'll be there. Or if anyone's looking for help on their work, I'll be there. But if anyone wants some comments/critiques on their work, I'll be there.

One more thing - congratulations paynomind!

Well, now people are resorting to threats of physical violence.

For your information Aric, it's well established that I'm writing a screenplay about the goings on in internet chat rooms and forums. This is how I go about gathering my material and plot lines. Paynomind is aware that I mean him no ill will, but rather I am setting him up as the main protagonist in the story. The character needs the depth that only he can bring to it.

So take a chill pill.

But just in case you don't, I have archived this threat and ask that the moderators and Chris Creamer also do the same thing. In the event that you carry out the act, I will want these facts presented as evidence.

All this over some drawings?

Wow.

For your information Aric, it's well established that I'm writing a screenplay about the goings on in internet chat rooms and forums. This is how I go about gathering my material and plot lines. Paynomind is aware that I mean him no ill will, but rather I am setting him up as the main protagonist in the story. The character needs the depth that only he can bring to it.

So take a chill pill.

But just in case you don't, I have archived this threat and ask that the moderators and Chris Creamer also do the same thing. In the event that you carry out the act, I will want these facts presented as evidence.

Wow.

This isn't about some drawings. It's about you acting like a jerk.

Find another way to 'gather your material'. The constant strife you cause is not appreciated.

Thank you.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

So take a chill pill.

Wow.

This isn't about some drawings. It's about you acting like a jerk.

Find another way to 'gather your material'. The constant strife you cause is not appreciated.

Thank you.

I'll follow that advice SyPhi. Thanks for being so level headed.

But sometimes, you just never know how worked up people can get over drawings, sports or whatever. Even being a so-called jerk doesn't justify this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2563022

Time to throw this back on topic... let's get this together, stop sniping back and forth.

Congrats to paynomind.

If you dont want to congratulate him, then shut it, if you don't want to talk about this contest, then shut it.... this goes for everyone.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Congrats to Paynomind and those who helped out with it. Very simple, yet very creative. If that's the team's helmet and they are unwilling to change it, that's a great idea to incorporate it into the wordmark.

I also like NitroCow's entry...very rabid indeed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Congratulations!!!

I'm glad that people are beginning to notice the designers on this board... And I'm also glad that they didn't find the idiots who designed all of the ABA logos :evil:

Nevertheless, Congratulations Again

For sake of the Hardin County Wolverines (and the wrath that could be felt by the powerful University of Michigan), the wordmark will not appear in print until everything is sorted out (meaning it might have to be cleared by U of M).

I do not want to implicate the team or paynomind and his design because I do not personally believe it was a blatant ripoff of UM.

When you look at payno's design, I think the only way you think of Michigan is if you are familiar with the football team's helmet. Nothing else about that logo makes you think of Michigan.

Michigan would have a tough time proving they have been harmed, IMO, but the university has far more money to put behind a possible lawsuit/hearing than any semi-pro football team ever could.

I'm wondering if Delaware just decided to contact UM to blatantly copy their helmets:

Delaware.gif

1.congrats payno, very nice logo gms showed me when you were first working on it, I loved them from the start, also good job to everyone who has posted there entries very nice I would have to say.

2. Also I would like to add quit all this bull shat on payno, leave the guy alone it takes a while for a piece of work like that. Quit all this arguing cant we all get along.

3. I will be waiting for some competition on my arrival in the survivor series.

Be back in 1 week.

GameCock(cluck-cluck)

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

I seem to have difficulty reading.

Yes, this seems to be the best and most mature manner in which to put an end to the sniping and back-biting that moderators in this community are constantly bemoaning the presence of. Not only does MoJoTo find his post censored/deleted, but the edit is accompanied by a sarcastic comment from a Board Moderator.

If the moderator responsible felt compelled to censor/delete the content of MoJoTo's post, couldn't that have been accomplished without engaging in the exact same type of behavior the community seems to be taking MoJoTo to task for?

Way to take the high road, SyPhi. I'm sorry, but I call them as I see them.

Brian in Boston

Well, I respectfully disagree with you habsfannova.

The "proper way" to tell MoJoTo that he had either failed to read an earlier post (perhaps the one in which Chris so graciously :therock: told the community that if we didn't want to congratulate paynomind we could, "shut it") or misunderstood its content, would have been to either direct him to the original post or quote its content in a new post.

Instead, SyPhi chose to make his point by censoring/deleting MoJoTo's post, then replacing its content with the phrase, "I seem to have difficulty reading." The sarcasm-laced implication being that MoJoTo was making said statement about himself... which we all know to be untrue. It was in fact, SyPhi getting in a sarcastic dig at MoJoTo. Which apparently is okay when a moderator chooses to do it, but completely inappropriate when another member of the community should choose to engage in such behavior.

Brian in Boston

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure, as yalehollander points out in the post immediately following this one, SyPhi has altered his mod edit.

Way to take the high road, SyPhi. I'm sorry, but I call them as I see them.

Well, let nobody ever accuse you of being unfair. I think Brian is correct here, coming from someone who overstepped his mod privileges in the heat of frustration, I have to agree that it's always best to replace deleted text with something neutral.

And more importantly, SyPhi seems to have agreed, as he has edited his mod edit.

And I say good for us!

Archived