Wolverines Concepts

paynomind

Since the deadline is approaching, and it seems like there are quite a few concepts about to be revealed, I thought it would be good to have one submission thread.

So, lets rock!

CCSLC powers, collide!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nitroseed and CityOfWalrus have combined to be...... NITROCOW!!!!

Heres our entries:

B&W Versions:

Primary: HCWolverinesBW.gif

Secondary: HCWolverinesBW2nd.gif

Wordmark: Damn You Wordmark! my greatest enemy!!!! :evil:

Color Versions (I picked out dark Blue and Vegas Gold):

Primary: HCWolverinesColor.gif

Secondary: HCWolverinesColor2nd.gif

C&C Welcome!!!!

spacer.png

very nice, i can tell what was done by who, seeing has you have 2 different styles.

whast up with the low quality? just a saving flaw?

and as much as i like this im not really feeling the wordmark, at all. good font choice, maybe italicize it to match the movement of the logo, and thiken the font, and most importantly, lose the background you got there, it doesnt really blend well but the idea is there.

Also, i almost forgot, throw in Hardin County somewhere. :P thats where they're playing

ANNNDDD, great work guys

The wordmark is dragging the concept down. The thin outline around the letters clashes with the rest of the concept, and the large amount of sudden, significant changes in outline thickness in the banner is different from the way the wolverine's fur is depicted.

I'd take the type out of the banner, and plaster it by itself with a thicker outline.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

paynomind: Thanks for the new thread starter. Good Idea.

The newly-formed NitroCow: I said this on a different thread, but I'll say it again: That's one badger that only a psycho would go near.

Very ferocious.

I like it a lot.

Thank you for all of your hard work, time and creativity and good luck when the team votes at practice.

The wordmark is dragging the concept down. The thin outline around the letters clashes with the rest of the concept, and the large amount of sudden, significant changes in outline thickness in the banner is different from the way the wolverine's fur is depicted.

I'd take the type out of the banner, and plaster it by itself with a thicker outline.

where is this wordmark?

Doh!

where is this wordmark?

oh I see it now, my browser didn''t load it up the firs time.

Doh!

I'd like to see 'Cypher's wordmark with Nitro's logo. Take the two strongest elements and put them together.

I'm really not diggin' COW's wordmark to be honest, and I think the style of Decypher's wordmark would go well enough with Nitro's rendering to make it quite solid.

Nitro... there's something about the highlights that I'm not really digging on the mark. It feels inconsistent to me, and I don't think it meshes well with black forms (which are done extremely well, IMO).

Nitro... there's something about the highlights that I'm not really digging on the mark. It feels inconsistent to me, and I don't think it meshes well with black forms (which are done extremely well, IMO).

The Stage "1" id like to call it the beginning was done by me.

Stage "2" - Nitro Cleaned and "Nitro-ized" the work

Stage "3" - I added highlights and added claws and worked out the secondary, (Since Nitro didn't have time to finish it off, I finished it off today)

spacer.png

Yeah, it sorta looks like the highlights were added with multiple schools of thought going on. It might be best to have one person do them, with a lot of care taken in regards with how they relate to the curves defined by the black shapes.

decypher,

I really dig your wordmark. My younger brother (at a summer camp for some of the state's top college bound seniors-to-be) goes to the team's games and has the wordmark saved on his background on his laptop.

Apparently, the intelligence quotient skips selected siblings ...

I think you stand a great chance to win.

Hmmm, how to fairly crit this?

Keep in mind N-Cow, that I am only drawn to respond to things I think rule. So any criticism is intended only to benefit the final work. At first glance, this has awesomeness written all over it...so I'm not coming down on it or anything.

But, as others have said the wordmark is foul and doesn't "go".

I don't know where this animal's weight is. Not that I necessarily have to know for it to be effective, but he's swiping (cool) and also turning and reaching in this sort of Matrix-style nebulus kind of way that is confusing.

I also have issues with the darker gold which on the tail is shadow but around the paw and cheek is just an outline or detail work that may not be necessary.

THe head is just fantastic and the overall flow of the body and work is outstanding. Would expect nothing less. Although RE: the head, the double cheek stripes I think flatten the head and do a little spacial contradiction as they are now.

As of right now, I'd give it a 10 for potential, a 7 for execution and any team would be lucky to have this.......specially for $200.

Great work as always.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Here is the joint collaboration of shiznit1083, GMS, and paynomind.

wolverines_gravito_gms_payn.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived