New Mets Uniform

clannhoran

I love Orange. :D

Also, as is mentioned most times an Orange-free Mets jersey pops up, the Mets' colors are rife with symbolism (orange from Giants, blue from Dodgers...)

But the concept is nice.

man is clanny gonna hate the Bobcats if he hates orange!!

But I agree with the general sentiment of the posts so far- the orange is better! Nice to see what the alternative is, but blue and orange is a NY kinda thing anyway! (Hmm, maybe the Giants should change the red to orange, hmm maybe not!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I agree with SyPhi...the Mets need orange, it's part of their history in honoring the former teams of NY. Changing the orange to red would not be a drastic change, since red is close to orange, but it makes them less unique. Red, blue and black would fight each other for dominance....blue, orange and black makes more sense, the colors don't vibrate against each other (since the Mets are lighter than navy blue).

How can you hate orange? Aren't you Irish? Don't you have orange in your avatar? <_<

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

How can you hate orange? Aren't you Irish? Don't you have orange in your avatar?  <_<

It's in my avatar out of respect to the Irish flag, but the Irish flag (at least the tri-color) didn't always have orange in it. It used to be green, white and gold. The gold was changed to orange to try to keep the very small protestant population (in the Republic) from feeling left out. I much prefer the former Irish national flag, which is a golden harp on a green background, but that's a whole story in itself.

I don't hate all orange, I do have a particularly odd obsession with hunter orange, especially cotton panties in hunter orange. I don't know why.

CGP.gif

I love Orange. :D

Also, as is mentioned most times an Orange-free Mets jersey pops up, the Mets' colors are rife with symbolism (orange from Giants, blue from Dodgers...)

But the concept is nice.

Blue and Orange are also the New York State colors.

Clann,

Even though I absolutely LOVE the avatar, I have to say that the jerseys are too plain. Spice it up a little. I do like the exclusion of orange, though. Overall, Five thumbs up.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

How can you hate orange? Aren't you Irish? Don't you have orange in your avatar?  <_<

Damn, stole my line! :D

I think we can now call him "Clan Hates Orange" :D

Until Paynomind pisses him off . . . then he'll be "Iron Chieftain Clann" :P

I hate William of Orange and all Orangemen. Up the Provos!!!!

Hooray for sectarian violence! Khmer Rouge is my favourite colour!

I can get caught up in the whole sectarian thing very easily, especially since my people are very definitely Republican (and I'm not talking GOP). But I've got to admit that the hatred between the two camps can be very cool. What you say? Hatred can be cool? Yeah, here's how.

Go to Glasgow and get yourself a ticket to a Rangers / Celtic game at Ibrox. Try to sit as close to the dividing line as possible. What's the dividing line, you ask? The Catholics and the Protestants sit in different sections, and the dividing line is the just what it says it is, a line to mark your territory. Talk about rivalry, man, these people really hate each other. The tension is like nothing you'll ever feel, unless of course you've stared down the barrel of a gun before. It's very cool.

CGP.gif

But I've got to admit that the hatred between the two camps can be very cool.  What you say?  Hatred can be cool?  Yeah, here's how.

... Talk about rivalry, man, these people really hate each other.  The tension is like nothing you'll ever feel, unless of course you've stared down the barrel of a gun before.  It's very cool.

There's nothing "cool" about hatred. Hatred is the by-product of ignorance... of giving-in to one's baser instincts.

Engaging in a sports rivalry is one thing. "Hatred" is quite another. If the fine line between the two becomes so blurred as to cause an individual to literally "hate" a sports rival, frankly, it's time for some psychological and emotional counseling.

Additionally, there's nothing "cool" about experiencing the tension that you so glibly equate with staring down the barrel of a gun. Why? Because there's nothing "cool" about actually staring down the barrel of a gun.

Brian in Boston

Hey Clann, I agree that the Rangers-Celtic rivalry is one of the greatest in sports, but getting a buzz off hatred isn't cool. Getting high on hatred gets you ethnic cleansing like in Rwanda or the Balkans.

I'm Irish Catholic too, but I don't think it's appropriate for people to say they hate Orangemen or " Up the Provos!!!! " here. One of the best things about this forum is that it's mostly free of that kind of garbage.

But I've got to admit that the hatred between the two camps can be very cool. What you say? Hatred can be cool? Yeah, here's how.

... Talk about rivalry, man, these people really hate each other. The tension is like nothing you'll ever feel, unless of course you've stared down the barrel of a gun before. It's very cool.

There's nothing "cool" about hatred. Hatred is the by-product of ignorance... of giving-in to one's baser instincts.

Engaging in a sports rivalry is one thing. "Hatred" is quite another. If the fine line between the two becomes so blurred as to cause an individual to literally "hate" a sports rival, frankly, it's time for some psychological and emotional counseling.

Additionally, there's nothing "cool" about experiencing the tension that you so glibly equate with staring down the barrel of a gun. Why? Because there's nothing "cool" about actually staring down the barrel of a gun.

Brian in Boston

Wow, what liberal blather.

Brian, I'm going to assume that because you have the name of a great Irish king, and because you live in Boston, that you are of Irish heritage. If you are it might be good to read a bit of history on the troubles. Whether we like it or not, whether we want to espouse coy little "hate is for bad people" statements, the hate is there. It has nothing to do with the sport, it's been there for four hundred years and it will be there when we're dead and gone.

My point is that the hate is there as a side-plot to the very real sport rivalry. While the Cubs and Cardinals fans may chide each other incessantly, there is very rarely anything more than a verbal exchange. My point is that you add four-hundred years of hate to the sport rivalry and you have something that most North American sports fans cannot even comprehend. That is the intensity that is incomparable in sport, and it is very cool.

And frankly I don't give a rat's #ss whether you feel I was being a bit too glib about comparing sport with staring down the barrel of a gun. Have you been there, have you ever had a barrel stuck in your face? I have and I survived the experience, and I have every right to use it in my commentary.

CGP.gif

Hey Clann, I agree that the Rangers-Celtic rivalry is one of the greatest in sports, but getting a buzz off hatred isn't cool. Getting high on hatred gets you ethnic cleansing like in Rwanda or the Balkans.

I'm Irish Catholic too, but I don't think it's appropriate for people to say they hate Orangemen or " Up the Provos!!!! " here. One of the best things about this forum is that it's mostly free of that kind of garbage.

Gordie,

I never said I hated anyone, I said I hated a team, the Mets. It's a term, nothing more. Haven't you ever used it?

That said, what's your favorite team? Who is your team's most disliked rival. That didn't sound right, did it? Because the phrase is "hated rival". Hate is in sport, albeit at a minor level, but it is there. Equating it to the hate that causes genocide is quite an interesting tack to take.

CGP.gif

Archived