College Football Revamps - Georgia Tech

Midway

Kept the classic look intact with the inclusion of celtic knot inspired stripes - sublimated on the shoulders and largely present on the pants. It's a new but subtle element that I felt tied in well to the university's Irish and religious themes.

2014NotreDameFootball_zps48abf959.png

I'm not 100% on the presentation layout but feel free to leave your comments, suggestions, and criticisms.

Midway.png

Obviously, the main thing I like what you did was keeping the traditional look. The celtic knot is an interesting addition, however, you can barely see it on the shoulder. May I suggest slightly making it a little brighter? Either way, I like the overall concept.

Also, did Notre Dame really switch from Adidas to Under Armour or was that just something you added?

I absolutely love this idea, but if there's 2 things I can change it would be....make the facemask the same gold as the helmet.

And instead of the celtic design being a sort of "stitched" in, I think it would be better if it was more of a screen printed kind of design, like this

2012-Green-Oregon-Football-Jersey-4.jpg

I think we can agree Georgia Tech needs a return to respectability in the uniform world. They have a great history with old gold as a primary color so I translated that here while carrying over my take on the honeycomb pattern they've terribly executed these past few seasons.

2014GTFootball_zps4ba3568a.png

Midway.png

I think in both uniforms you have a cool stripe idea but you make it a little too small. From a distance you wouldn't really be able to make out honeycombs or the knots. I would just use larger hexagons, and use a bolder stripe and bigger circles on the knots.

Georgia Tech is just tough to do anything with in my opinion. I like the idea of the honeycomb, but hated how they did it. I think this is a huge improvement, but could still use some work.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Nice unique template, clean concepts. I actually really like that look for Notre Dame. Just out of curiosity, what's the exact inspiration for that pattern? Georgia Tech looks good too, but I would use two "stripes" on the sleeves just like you did on the pants.

Also I think a back view of the jersey and helmet would be nice to include with the template.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

@Clintau24 Agreed. I think most people have a general idea of what Georgia Tech should look like but I really wanted to push that idea even farther by infusing the honeycomb pattern for the sake of continuity. I think it could work well given the right application but I can see now where it might need revisiting.

@CAB Thank you. I originally derived the inspiration for the celtic knot stripe from it roots as a symbol in old Irish culture. I then read somewhere that it was possible that families had their own corresponding knot designs to represent their bloodlines (visible on celtic textiles, art, etc.) I felt a historic program like that of the Fighting Irish deserved this unifying design representative their football team's sense of brotherhood - all done in good taste with their iconic uniforms of course.

Midway.png

Nice unique template, clean concepts. I actually really like that look for Notre Dame. Just out of curiosity, what's the exact inspiration for that pattern? Georgia Tech looks good too, but I would use two "stripes" on the sleeves just like you did on the pants.

Also I think a back view of the jersey and helmet would be nice to include with the template.

Couldn't say it better myself, so I quoted it :upside:

Archived