Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd remake

MrWonka

This concept is heavily based off of the 'leaked' fake 3rd jersey that was released earlier this summer I believe. It was posted on eBay and I was really hoping we'd be seeing it or something similar to it this year. Unfortunately, Tampa released the Kings-esque design with a script that I think almost everyone dislikes. So, though it is not a traditional look at a jersey. I feel it is a nice off-set from their very traditional home and road closet.

LEAKED JERSEY PHOTO (EDIT): Found the original image I remember seeing. Now I remember this wasn't a third jersey leak but rather what people believe was a prototype for their Edge rebrand back in 2007. Now makes me think, should I make a white version just to see?

a08c6c50-27c7-11e4-922d-e7f1651dbf47_041

Concept :

0676ecc8c0d0f5c76ab1ba2ef7acc641.png

I never really got the point of the armpit striping, but aside from that and the truncated hemstripe I'm a fan

It's victory stripes they implemented on their originals and ...hey, the won a cup so I'm bringing 'em back haha!

I never really got the point of the armpit striping, but aside from that and the truncated hemstripe I'm a fan

It's victory stripes they implemented on their originals and ...hey, the won a cup so I'm bringing 'em back haha!

The thing was that you'll only ever see them when you score a goal or lift the cup. That concept isn't bad at all, I just dont think that it would fit with the identity, but it'd look good for a Canadian Junior league team

Yeah, this is more what I was hoping they'd come up with too. The only nitpick I have on the back, up around the shoulders. The 'STAMKOS' nameplate is already almost running over the striping, so imagine if, say, Jamie Langenbrunner came out of retirement. Maybe the lightning bolts could move up a little closer to the collar on the back and connect up with each other to give a little more room?

Yeah, this is more what I was hoping they'd come up with too. The only nitpick I have on the back, up around the shoulders. The 'STAMKOS' nameplate is already almost running over the striping, so imagine if, say, Jamie Langenbrunner came out of retirement. Maybe the lightning bolts could move up a little closer to the collar on the back and connect up with each other to give a little more room?

My idea was to take out the silver part on the back and having the arm design starting at the arm stitching so I'd have the full back instead of just a portion. I think it would work better.

The thing was that you'll only ever see them when you score a goal or lift the cup. That concept isn't bad at all, I just dont think that it would fit with the identity, but it'd look good for a Canadian Junior league team

It's definitely a risky design with some people. Some will like it, some won't as much for an NHL team. To be honest I just want to see their original black back for their 3rd but I decided to roll with something else.

This concept is heavily based off of the 'leaked' fake 3rd jersey that was released earlier this summer I believe. It was posted on eBay and I was really hoping we'd be seeing it or something similar to it this year. Unfortunately, Tampa released the Kings-esque design with a script that I think almost everyone dislikes. So, though it is not a traditional look at a jersey. I feel it is a nice off-set from their very traditional home and road closet.

LEAKED JERSEY PHOTO:

80782490-27c7-11e4-922d-e7f1651dbf47_103

Concept :

0676ecc8c0d0f5c76ab1ba2ef7acc641.png

Are the lightning bolts on the arms a nod to the crazy alternate jersey we all remember? I kinda thought so when I first saw it.

Love this concept.

NYCdog.png

Are the lightning bolts on the arms a nod to the crazy alternate jersey we all remember? I kinda thought so when I first saw it.

Love this concept.

I'd say it's more of a nod to the jersey posted above it, but , sure we can go with that too! :)

Solid! Way better and definitely doesn't look "stolen" like the real one does from the kings.

BTW that jersey was fake on ebay?!

It wasn't fake, I'm sure the person who bought it actually got it but I mean fake as in it wasn't a real Tampa Bay jersey. Also, the one on ebay had a different logo. I'm pretty sure it was a completely different logo they've ever used and it was pretty close to their last primary logo. And it had a matching logo on the shoulders. I feel the logos on the version I showed doesn't fit the numbers very well, but if I find the original image I'll post it in an edit.

Archived