Hand Drawn NFL Redesign (17/32) Pittsburgh Added; Cincinnati Updated

lcgreig03

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other thing I like about this is green. The current seahawks uniforms have to much blue/silver on them adding more green was a

good touch.

Agreed. My favorite jersey was ALWAYS the seattle lime green alt, I was so sad when they went for grey in 2012

The other thing I like about this is green. The current seahawks uniforms have to much blue/silver on them adding more green was a

good touch.

Agreed. My favorite jersey was ALWAYS the seattle lime green alt, I was so sad when they went for grey in 2012
I kind of thought the lime green alt they used to have looked like a practice jersey. I wish they'd tried to improve it, though. Their grey alt is really plain.

A simple update to the Packers today. Most notably, the collar becomes a single solid color and a wordmark is added above the numbers. In addition, the socks now are all green and stripes are added. Finally, a thin yellow stripe is added to the stripe pattern to the pants and helmet, to match the shoulder stripes. It's a classic look that didn't need much. Enjoy!

gb%20home_zps3agfb3du.jpg

cobb_zps5owyx8yn.jpgrodgers_zps8qndysnv.jpg

I tried messing around with a throwback because I wanted an Acme Packers uni but nothing came out the way I wanted, so just the primary home and away jerseys for now. I'll keep messing and hopefully something will wind up looking okay. Also today, I have two updates - an alternate pants colors for the Cardinals, and a red and white alternate for Atlanta.

palmer_zpstqlawcjs.jpgwhite_zpsrsnrtv0b.jpg

Three quick updates today. San Diego currently has one of the best uniforms in the league, but the problem is that they wear it very rarely as an alternate. All I did was make the powder blues the primary and changed the facemask and the away uniform to reflect that. A new throwback is also added. Chicago's stripes and numbers are changed to match the logo on the helmet - orange bordered by white - and a grey facemask is added. San Fransisco's sleeves stripes are fixed and added to the socks and the facemask is now red. Also, white socks are added to the white jersey with red stripes.

sd%20home_zpsjuaj257v.jpg

allen_zpsdgmxnjuj.jpgweddle_zpsv85zbfxw.jpgrivers_zpshpz4bcdr.jpg

chi%20home_zps4xyie4eh.jpg

cutler_zpsxuqvz4fu.jpgforte_zpsavgqfq71.jpg

sf%20home_zpsciq3ax6x.jpg

davis_zps8jvhbuo7.jpgboldin_zps4st4wa9s.jpg

And obviously, no terrible black alt for San Fran.

I'm with silence of the Rams, thanks for not making the crappy black alt. They haven't even worn it on the field yet and I wish they'd scrap it. Anyways, you are a really talented artist and I have liked almost all of your concepts.

• 3 weeks later...

Indianapolis today. I struggled with what to do with their uniforms; I wanted to make changes, but nothing too drastic. I really like what they have now, but I think they're missing...something. My issue is that I also really like the uniforms the Jets currently wear, but I feel like the two are really similar. With my first drafts of both teams, they wound up looking TOO similar. I decided to make more drastic changes for one of the teams, and wound up deciding on changing the Jets, so I just tweaked the Colts and even incorporated some of what I like from the Jets uniforms into these Colts. The numbers change to match the large font on the back of their helmets - which I love - the facemask is white now instead of grey, and the socks are white on the away unis. Also, the double stripes on the socks return.

ind%20home_zpsxfylm7as.jpg

luck_zpsdeo5wvyy.jpghilton_zpso1a1bcsz.jpg

I also have updates to the Browns and the Lions today. For the Browns, I just added an orange alternate jersey.

gilbert_zpsnlulnmqc.jpg

And for the Lions, I recently discovered their recycling awareness practice jerseys their quarterbacks wear for a week or so during camp. I don't know all the details, but for part of their training camp, the Lions have their quarterbacks wear green jerseys made out of recycled plastic bottles. I think it's a fun color, just purely aesthetically, and obviously, recycling is a good cause. So my thought for this jersey is, if they want to raise awareness even more, why not do it during the season, with the entire team, maybe for a nationally televised (Sunday/Monday Night) game? Because would you really put it past Nike to put a team that normally wears one color into a bright green? So what I did is keep my template from their uniforms exactly the same, and just changed the color of the jersey. Pants, helmets stay the same. Green recycled jerseys in place of the standard blue ones.

bell%20j_zpspetc8psm.jpg

C&C welcome and appreciated:)

Sorry, I don't like the green jersey for the Lions. First of all, that just makes them look too much like the Seahawks, and secondly, it goes against the idea of each team having its own color scheme and dressing according to that scheme consistently, except for throwbacks. I do like what you did for the Chargers and Packers (the socks need to be white on the bottom though) and also correcting the 49ers' uniforms (I would go with the red socks with the white jerseys as well as with the red jerseys).

I also like your drawings. You have good ability.

Archived