Hand Drawn NFL Redesign (17/32) Pittsburgh Added; Cincinnati Updated

lcgreig03

For the Bengals, if anything I would get rid of the orange jersey. I like the black jersey for them, and they have always worn black, so I would keep that. I do like what you did with their pants though. I also like going back to the more traditional full-block numbers on Cincinnati's jerseys, though I would give their white jerseys black numbers. Again, it's fits in with the team's uniform tradition.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you did for Dallas, except for the all-whites. I never did like their 1960-63 blue-and-white uniforms to begin with, and in all-white they look too much like Carolina. Other than that, you did get their blue and silver consistent.

Your Cardinals redesign is quite similar to my own (see "What I think all 32 NFL teams should look like" in this Concepts forum). I drew their pants the same way and I put the team logo on both sleeves. I just used their 1971-72 numerical and lettering fonts for their jerseys, and I did not do a black jersey for them, as I felt it unnecessary. Plus I feel the alternate uniform thing has worn out its welcome in the NFL. I would like to go back to when all you had to do was glance at the TV screen and you immediately knew who was playing.

Keep up the good drawings!

I really hope the league never does a "Recycling Awareness" jersey...but it's funny to make a concept for it. I hate changing a team's colors for ANY feel-good "Awareness" campaign.

Great drawings, very talented.

Are you scanning these in after drawing? The oranges are looking red on most teams (see Bears and Browns especially)

87Redskins.png

That was my idea with the Detroit jersey, for it to be a one off. In my head, they would have worn it once and then never again. When I found that they do that, I just thought it was really cool! I love when teams change up their practice jerseys - they have less restrictions there, so they should let creativity reign. I also love Cleveland's camo practice unis, however terrible they may be. My thought there was that I could actually see the green Lions on the field within a reasonable stretch of the imagination.

staffgreen.JPG11351600_391503664387128_850670663_n.jpg

I had considered doing something like this, or adding practice jerseys to this series as well. I ultimately decided against it, but I may add them once I finish everything, or just start a new series. I think that could be an interesting thing to tackle. (Get it? Because it's football!) What I want to do, time permitting, is create a weekly uniform matchup for the regular season. To me, part of my series here is how often some of these uniforms will actually be worn during the season - such as the green Detroit alt. I would also like to see how some of my uniforms look against each other in a matchup. Again though, time permitting.

And speaking of Pinktober and breast cancer awareness, I have a fun one coming up here pretty soon from Chip Kelly and the Oregon Eagles;)

The green Detroit jerseys are fine for practice. I just think they look too much like the Seahawks in those jerseys, and I do not like the idea of one-off jerseys. It looks too gimmicky (like the NBA and their Christmas jerseys, their pandering-to-Latinos "Los" jerseys, etc.) plus, as I said earlier, it defeats the purpose of team colors, especially if a team dresses for a game in a color other than its team colors. Team colors, after all, are a major component in how we identify teams at games and on TV. Personally, I like being able to identify with just a quick glance what two teams are on TV, and being able to do so consistently, week after week, month after month.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly zero changes today, but a blast from the past in the AFC North today. The Steelers almost have perfect uniforms, if they just made two changes - revert the number font back to a block font, and fix their sleeve stripes. So that's what I did, returning Pittsburgh to an older era of uniforms, and bringing in a new throwback from I want to say 1969, but I'm not 100% sure. But that's beside the point - the uniform set is beautiful, and miles better than the bumblebee prison uniforms.

pit01_zpsh39izyel.jpgpit02_zpsu7mccitl.jpgpit03_zpsro6wvgrd.jpg

(I know these shades of yellow look different, but that has to do with the lighting when I took the pictures with my phone. In actuality, the yellows in the three sets are the same)

bell_zpsqcsrrxyj.jpgbrown_zps5ig3pa2c.jpgvick_zpshhf6t2bv.jpg

Another old uniform returns for the Cincinnati Bengals, a throwback to the Boomer Esaison era. Nothing groundbreaking, just a much classier look than the one they currently trot out every week sees a return to the field here.

hill_zpsmebitfpp.jpg

As always, C&C more than welcome:)

I like the return of the old number font for the Steelers. It just looks better. The Steelers throwback, or when it was the actual uniform, was 1967, and the goal was to put a golden triangle on the jersey. It obviously didn't work out too well (like the Steelers trade for Josh Scobee :angered: ). The triangle looked more like some kind of diamond, but I wouldn't mind seeing this as a throwback set. It looks good the way you drew it.

Archived