NHL Playoff Bracket Wallpaper Round 3 (Updated 5/25)

DaRadniz29

I just checked the team icon boxes and I'm using all primary logos. Just checked also to see what the Minnesota Wild's primary is still not sure, but using the bear/wildcat logo. Wish they'd use that logo on their home sweaters.

Blue is the majority for Vancouver. Anaheim's background is orange/copper gradient for orange county and it just looked better than black or gold to me. Other than that I think each team's background is their primary color.

I hope to have these up tomorrow, so there will be a few days to fix any errors, and make adjustments before Wednesday's games.

NHL Stanley Cup Bracket Wallpaper has been released. Get it here. It's also now in the OP as well. Let's take a look and then I'll give you some info on it.

6xzYozQl.png

A Neutral Zone, background, with the Eastern Conference on the right and the Western on the left. Including the Conference Logos, Playoffs logos.

I had the idea for the center ice themed wallpaper for a while, figured the Stanley Cup Playoffs would be a good time to utilize the theme. Looking at photos of NHL rinks for reference, I notice quite a few teams if not all have some sort of design along the center line, be it a plain square to the fancy-shmansy logos and such. Well, like the sizzling roundel fad, I too got somewhat creative and added the silhouette of the Stanley Cup.

You might notice a four faint objects to the right of the Western teams and to the left of the Eastern teams, hmm wonder what those could be. :D

The ice effect you see is part one of my patterns created a couple years ago for one of these wallpapers, merged with a cool effect I discovered while just goofing around. Sometimes, the coolest creations are unintentional. Because of this cool new effect, I have some ideas on the how to incorporate it, and think I might do a iPhone or Desktop series, for not just playoff teams but any and all teams - more info on that hopefully soon and possibly in a new thread.

Also, I was thinking about adding team records and point totals, but just wasn't sure where to put them. If anyone has suggestions or ideas let me know and I can add them in the next update.

Day 6 complete. Anaheim and Montreal up 3-0 in their series. Blackhawks, Flames and Wild and Rangers up 2-1 over the Predators, Canucks, Blues and Penguins, respectively. While the Fighting' Yzerman's of past and present are knotted up at a game a piece.

Link in my sig.

pQvRgeeh.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived