Fix-It Friday thread

Ark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think white numbers alone would be a major improvement.

Yes, fixing the colors of the numbers on all the jerseys would be a really quick fix.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

we still have some NFL teams to do but lots of people are wanting to see takes on different sports, which i wont be doing myself. i think Chris wants to knock out some baseball and hockey ones before going back to the gridiron

for giggles, i can tell you if i were to do the Eagles, i would likley grade them somewhere between average to above average. the base design is fine enough but there are some details i would rework, like eliminating gray (numbers, logo) and replacing with silver. for Fix It Friday, i think i would alter the green to somethink Nike can reproduce consistently, though in my own vision i would cash in on the NFL lack of ( and high fan demand of) Kelly green

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 months later...

The Panthers one is a good modern translation from the neck down, but I don't really get the black helmet, nor the reasoning for it. I don't think logo will ever look good on a black helmet because, being so black heavy, it always gets lost on a black background and needs a lighter one to stand out.

Also, it was mentioned that the problem with the current helmet was that it was too similar to the Lions', but the only thing they really have in common is a silver shell and black face mask. Both logos and stripes are heavy in completely different colors, and the overall idea and look of the helmet is very different from each other. I've never confused the two, even from a distance, and don't think Carolina needs to differentiate based on that at all, especially when it was Detroit who made the changes (black trim and face mask) that put that sort of comparison in question, not Carolina.

Not trying to bust chops at all, as I do think from the neck down its a good concept. I think if Carolina ever had to modernize, that'd be a good way to do it. I'm just not really feeling the black helmet nor think it necessary.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• 2 months later...
On September 30, 2015 at 11:42 PM, McCarthy said:

From my NFL series: I think the Browns looked their best in the 80's. At that time they wore numbers on their sleeves and most players had their sleeve stripes cut off revealing only the top two or three stripes. This left them with big beautiful empty shoulder space, a look befitting of their old school image. I've reverted back to that and the only detail on the jerseys other than plain block numbers is the small stripes on the sleeve cuffs. I also went back to the less garish thin pants stripe and used a white facemask to better tie the helmet in with the rest of the uniform. There's also an orange pants option.

Cleveland-Browns_zpsa5573821.png

new-browns-logo_zpsa557f5ea.png

Maybe you could make the back of the helmet form a C

Credit for logos goes to Veras

image.png

• CC97 unpinned this topic

Archived