I find the current Idaho State Bengals logo very outdated (it's from 1997), so I decided to give the Bengal tiger a new look. I was a little tired of the stereotype roaring tiger – the consequence was to create a tiger that looks rather majestic than menacing. And, let's be honest, a tiger doesn't need to growl or roar to be awe-inspiring.

The color scheme stays untouched: Black, orange, white and gold as a very sparse accent color.

Merry Christmas to all of you...

Current%20IS%20Bengals_zpshehjtgdz.png

Current Idaho State Bengals primary mark

Idaho%20State%20Bengals%20logo%20present

Logo package

Idaho%20State%20Bengals%20primary%20logo

Primary logo

Idaho%20State%20Bengals%20secondary%20pa

Secondary "paw logo"

Idaho%20State%20Bengals%20partial%20logo

Partial logo on orange background

Idaho%20State%20Bengals%20alternate%20bl

Alternate "Idaho State" logo

Idaho%20State%20Bengals%20wordmark%20log

Wordmark logos

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

What you did here is so cool. The lion looks so much better, and I really like the alternates too. Great work on this.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

You did a great job of taking their current identity and simplifying it. The only thing I'm not sold on is the state logo. It just looks like it doesn't bode well with the others. My suggestion would be to remove the claw mark and replace the current copy with one of your word marks. Also try making the state orange with a bold, black outline. Other than that, it is definitely a huge upgrade!

I have two suggestions for you. First, the nose area looks empty, maybe extend the forehead stripe a bit further down the nose. Also, maybe you could try a profile view of the head or a full body view of the tiger as a secondary logo. As for the texts, I think that the ISU ones could look cool with a claw mark on them, like what you did for the State logo. Overall, I think you have a great start, it just needs some refinement.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I like the current, aggressive look on the tiger's head logo. While you did a excellent job on the word script, the paw print, and the state logo w/scratch marks; the tiger head one makes the cat look mundane, no emotion compared to the current one the university uses.

I like the current, aggressive look on the tiger's head logo. While you did a excellent job on the word script, the paw print, and the state logo w/scratch marks; the tiger head one makes the cat look mundane, no emotion compared to the current one the university uses.

I tend to agree with this. I have gone back and forth, because you do note that I tiger doesn't need to look aggressive to look good, and I do agree with you. But when Tygers used the word "mundane," it resonated with me. He looks very placid instead of regal. Maybe it is the roundness of the face...I'm not sure...but there is something that makes it look placid and maybe mundane or uninterested.

award%20sig.png

Archived