Minnesota North Stars Rebrand Petition

VancouverFan69

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

So in your perfect universe there are two kelly green teams with star/letter combos for logos?

Sorry, I prefer the universe where Minnesota and Dallas have distinct identities. There's more aesthetic diversity.

Up until this last year, Dallas Stars were mostly black and gold where as (assuming) North Stars would still be Green and Yellow. Nice try though. You can't really pick and choose what years to pick what uniforms to select to compare/contrast. 

IF this were back in lets say the 60's or 70's with both teams applying for North/South Stars, do you really think that Dallas, TX would want to use GREEN? No, they would follow in order with a team similar to the Texas Rangers - which I'd be ok with.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the mavericks came around in the 80s and they've never worn texas rangers colors...

they actually picked green and blue. blue and green were the colors of reunion arena, and green is the color most associated with the dallas skyline.

but its really unfair to say that the stars were "mostly black and gold" up until this last year. they had one really stupid black and gold jersey after the reebok switch. they didn't even have a road to match it. they were black and kelly green to start, then black and forest green. the forest green, black, and gold. then black and gold. then kelly green and black.

i think you're totally overblowing the significance of that one "DALLAS" jersey, or you consider the gold embroidery on the original 1993 logo to be more important than the colors on the actual sweaters themselves for the rest of stars history.

8 minutes ago, worcat said:

Up until this last year, Dallas Stars were mostly black and gold where as (assuming) North Stars would still be Green and Yellow. Nice try though. You can't really pick and choose what years to pick what uniforms to select to compare/contrast. 

Now you've just lost the plot.

8 minutes ago, worcat said:

IF this were back in lets say the 60's or 70's with both teams applying for North/South Stars, do you really think that Dallas, TX would want to use GREEN? No, they would follow in order with a team similar to the Texas Rangers - which I'd be ok with.

There's no way the North/South Stars thing would have ever worked, even back in 1967. That's how out of the date the "Red Sox/White Sox" model is.

Also, the South Stars actually existed. As a minor league affiliate of the Minnesota North Stars. See? That's the problem with whole nonsensical argument you've constructed. The North Star is actually a thing you can name a team after. There is no "South Star." So the name "South Stars" for a team only makes sense in relation to the North Stars. Which invalidates your whole "well what if they existed as NHL teams simultaneously?" nonsense.

In the end? This is all just mental gymnastics used by people who either can't get over the name "Wild" or who are just old timers who are upset that things aren't the same as they were back in the day. To both groups...just get over it already. The Stars have done more to preserve their pre-relocation roots than almost any other relocated franchise. Sure, the North Stars never leaving would have been ideal. Minnesota just not giving a :censored: just wasn't going to let that happen though. So the Dallas Stars actually treating the North Stars' history with proper reverence is a pretty nice consolation prize.

And the Wild name sucking has been mitigated by the awesome logos and uniforms. So really? We're in a pretty good place, all things considered.

9 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Oh c'mon, you don't want this? Just replace Austin with Dallas and you have a great new team identity
teaserbox_4215765357.jpg?t=1451100425

That's way better than 50 years of history from a Class of 67 team, right? 

Modern. Day. Classic. "Iconic" doesn't do it justice.

Either way I'm not here to argue or dispute what has been and what could have been. I realize the significance of the real "North Star" opposed to the forced name of "South Star" I get it. I'm just adding food for thought man.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

you must admit though that kelly green belongs on dallas stars jerseys infinitely more than it would on a minnesota wild jersey, right?

even ignoring the north stars history, the inaugural stars jerseys were black and kelly green, and the current colors are kelly green and black. the minnesota wild, on the other hand, have never worn kelly green for even a single game. THEY are the dark green team.

if we're going to retroactively change things, lets just go back in time and force the stars to win the cup in kelly green versions of the 1999 sweater, so we can ignore the dark shades era, and leave that color to the wild. :)

We need to rename the Avalanche and bring back the Rockies! They had a bunch of important history too! Bring back the Colorado Rockies! Having two teams named the Colorado Rockies won't matter, it's in two different sports! it's even better than Stars and North Stars! Bring back the Rockies!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I agree 100%. Atleast the Stars have a vision of what they want their uniforms to be. The Wild are all over the place with no consistency. A very nice main logo that is put to the side for a cursive font logo? No thank you.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

worked for the new york baseball giants and the st louis football cardinals. 

contrarily, i'd prefer the new jersey devils go by the name new jersey rockies... but that hurts my argument in this thread more than it helps it, right?

its okay. i've been led to believe we are only allowed to wear the colors of the state flag, dallas cowboys, or brown "wild west" colors that have zero significance to north texas.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

2) How does Dallas get a team? And what's their name? As good as this sounds? I'm not on board with any universe that gives us the Ice Armadillos.

'90s expansion, probably in lieu of Miami or Anaheim.

I always thought "Renegades" would have gone well with "Mavericks" but "Barons" is not without its charm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wait, Dallas had a team in the old Central Hockey League forever until the bottom fell out maybe they could be named in honor of that.

*checks wiki*

Dallas....Black Hawks.

OK, scratch that idea.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

7 hours ago, hockey week said:

We need to rename the Avalanche and bring back the Rockies! They had a bunch of important history too! Bring back the Colorado Rockies! Having two teams named the Colorado Rockies won't matter, it's in two different sports! it's even better than Stars and North Stars! Bring back the Rockies!

Colorado can't have the hockey Rockies back - the Devils need to head back to Kansas City as the Scouts 2.0.  ^_^

12 hours ago, hockey week said:

Oh c'mon, you don't want this? Just replace Austin with Dallas and you have a great new team identity
teaserbox_4215765357.jpg?t=1451100425

That's way better than 50 years of history from a Class of 67 team, right? 

I managed to live 36 and a half years without knowing that existed... I hate you.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

12 hours ago, worcat said:

I'm just saying in the perfect universe, that would be the best scenario.

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

So in your perfect universe...[h]ow does Dallas get a team?

In the perfect universe, Dallas doesn't get a team. Nor do Arizona, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Miami, Nashville, or North Carolina.

In that universe, the NHL instead has teams in Hartford, Quebec City, Halifax, Regina, Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived