Calgary Flames Concept

B-mer

Still a work in progress, but wanted to post to get some feedback so far.  In an attempt to bring back a more traditional look to the Flames, I went with this design that ties back to the classic Flames, while still being new and different.  Proportions of the stripes are streamlined to update the old look, with a modified hem.  Also darkened the red a bit to tone down the dated colors.  I used the current shoulder logo from their third jerseys and just removed black, which i saw here.  I'm still trying to decide on a number font, but I'm thinking something new from what they've worn before.  Also torn on whether or not to have a pants stripe.  Thanks for the feedback.

flames.png

In the version without black, the white needs red shoulders. It simply looks too blank.

The version with black should probably use black pants, or at least have some black on it. The jerseys themselves are fantastic. They look like the 90s jerseys, without being super 90s-looking

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thanks.  I want to try and keep the red dominant for a different look, so that's why the pants remained red.  I'm toying with the idea of moderately stylized pant stripes.  Same for omitting a yoke on the away jersey.  I wanted to distance it enough from the 80s look to be new and not closer to a throwback. 

The throwback concepts are both okay. I'm not too sure about the monochrome roundels.

On the more modern concepts, me I prefer when they use black stripes trimmed in yellow and white.

The 90s nod is a nice touch. Adding a few more throwback-ish elements to that uniform would complete the look.

15 hours ago, B-mer said:

Update of the modern set with missing details. Unintended, but when i was looking at this on my phone the pants stripes looked like a candle. 

cal2.png

HomerDrooling.GIF

If the Flames adopted this they'd never have to change again. 

6 hours ago, llfhockey said:

Not sold on the flames script on the helmet but its a uniform i would love to see them wear irl.

Yeah, I'm not really either after seeing it on there. I wanted to use something other than the main C logo and I don't think the shoulder logo would work as well. 

On 2016-09-02 at 10:27 PM, B-mer said:

Update of the modern set with missing details. Unintended, but when i was looking at this on my phone the pants stripes looked like a candle. 

cal2.png

I like the black Flaming C more.

But this, along with the updated numbers and roundel, it's a pretty decent look.

Archived