MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Are we sure there will be a 20th anniversary WS patch for the Marlins?  

1 minute ago, AstroBull21 said:

Celebrating a championship with a patch should be limited to a weekend when you honor that team.

A season long patch should be reserved for the ASG or if an anniversary, most likely the anniversary of the team itself.

Ok let me clarify, I don't know if they're doing a patch for either. They have two things to celebrate and they need to decide how each is done and since they have two, decisions will have to be made. There may be no patches at all. Throwbacks are probably the most likely if anything.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

Ok let me clarify, I don't know if they're doing a patch for either. They have two things to celebrate and they need to decide how each is done and since they have two, decisions will have to be made. There may be no patches at all. Throwbacks are probably the most likely if anything.

Well they are obviously doing an All-Star patch...I just don't know if they'll come up with a patch for the World Series.  Maybe Loria decides they'll skip on it because of the teal.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

For 2017 I believe Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale was quoted as saying that they would make some tweaks that are more traditional to the uniform. I don't have a video or a link but I do remember hearing that. I've submitted questions to the Diamondbacks staff when they've done live fan chats on Reddit or on Facebook but those questions regarding uniforms are usually ignored unless it's to talk about all the "positive" reaction that they get.

But, I have noticed on Fanatics that there is a lot more apparel and memorabilia that is mixing red and teal, and it appears that it will be the primary look for the future. It does seem that there is a real genuine positive reaction to bringing back the teal amongst most fans.

Personally, as a Diamondbacks fan, I hate the new uniforms and can't wait for the day when the purple, teal, and copper are all back full time. But until then I suppose I will welcome more teal if that's as close as i'll get for the time being.

If they make any changes at all I'd bet dollars to donuts that they're going to lose the red snakeskin pattern on the pants. Every other bad part of the uniform is mostly ignorable.

What I would if I was fixing their atrocious uniforms is drop the sublimated snakeskin pattern everywhere, and just use the black-red-turquoise colors (no reason to have two sets of the same uniforms in different color palletes. PICK ONE), and use a normal gray on the road. 

10 hours ago, Bmac said:

Several sources have confirmed the New Era flag will be added to all on-field caps for 2017. Rumor has it we'll see this in use this postseason, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

I've been waiting for this new for years and it's a real shame. Load up and hats now and invest in a thread ripper for future new hats. If you're careful you get it off and you can't really tell. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

If they make any changes at all I'd bet dollars to donuts that they're going to lose the red snakeskin pattern on the pants. Every other bad part of the uniform is mostly ignorable

What I would if I was fixing their atrocious uniforms is drop the sublimated snakeskin pattern everywhere, and just use the black-red-turquoise colors (no reason to have two sets of the same uniforms in different color palletes. PICK ONE), and use a normal gray on the road. 

I've been waiting for this new for years and it's a real shame. Get your hats and invest in a thread ripper for future new hats. If you're careful you get it off and you can really tell. 

I dont even think you need to be a normal grey. Just something inbetween. and have one consistant grey on the jersey.

The pattern is what kills me

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Do not take this as me not wanting them to make changes but now part of me is upset with the DBacks dropping uniform elements so soon. If you're gonna swear up and down that you have the best trendy futuristic trailblazing new cutting edge uniforms that are gonna change uniform designs forever then stick with it. If you cut back some of the elements in less than a year you're admitting the whole thing was a failure and you lose, no one will take you seriously again. Some persistence would probably have paid off for them down the line. Look at the Marlins, they stood their ground with their controversial uniform changes and now they're not as poorly received overall. Anyone agree with this? With that said, yes, change everything.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Are we sure there will be a 20th anniversary WS patch for the Marlins?  

They had a patch in 2007, but I can't see them having an anniversary patch over an ASG. First, I don't think MLB would like it and it is the franchise's first ASG. 

IMG_2031.JPG

Maybe the Marlins will wear the old teal uniforms Sundays at home like the Mets are doing this year for their 30th Anniversary? 

That could also mean the death of their Orange jerseys which I dont want to see. I wish they would dump the black and wear White and Orange at home and Grey on the road full time, may the orange every so often. Adding an orange bill to the black caps, like the BP one, would elevate their uniforms as well. 

But under Loria the Marlins will never do anything that makes sense unfortunately. 

39 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Do not take this as me not wanting them to make changes but now part of me is upset with the DBacks dropping uniform elements so soon. If you're gonna swear up and down that you have the best trendy futuristic trailblazing new cutting edge uniforms that are gonna change uniform designs forever then stick with it. If you cut back some of the elements in less than a year you're admitting the whole thing was a failure and you lose, no one will take you seriously again. Some persistence would probably have paid off for them down the line. Look at the Marlins, they stood their ground with their controversial uniform changes and now they're not as poorly received overall. Anyone agree with this? With that said, yes, change everything.

I wish reebok had done that with the NHL edge disaster

54 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

Can we get a link to such sources on the NE flag? If this is true, my hat collecting days are over. 

A link would be nice if possible, but Bmac's info has been very reliable over the years.    

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

They actually have 3 things to celebrate. It's also their 25th season. They'll likely honor their 25th anniversary in 2018 though. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just now, Griffinmarlins said:

They actually have 3 things to celebrate. It's also their 255th season. They'll likely honor their 25th anniversary in 2018 though. 

That's going to be an epic patch.  :lol:

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

Maybe the Marlins will wear the old teal uniforms Sundays at home like the Mets are doing this year for their 30th Anniversary? 

That could also mean the death of their Orange jerseys which I dont want to see. I wish they would dump the black and wear White and Orange at home and Grey on the road full time, may the orange every so often. Adding an orange bill to the black caps, like the BP one, would elevate their uniforms as well. 

But under Loria the Marlins will never do anything that makes sense unfortunately. 

Loria seems like a guy who won't mind making an extra buck, and teal merchandise would likely sell well. Then again, like you said, it makes too much sense and likely won't happen.

Loria won't bring back the teal, not because he's a bad owner, or cheap, or that it makes sense or any of that. He simply doesn't like the color teal. That's really the jist of it. He won't bring it back anymore than he has to and only when he absolutely has to. So he'll have the Marlins wear teal one random Friday or Saturday home game to honor the 97 team but that's it. I highly doubt they'll wear the throwbacks more than once. If they do a  97 patch there might be teal in that but I'm not sure he'll go that route. A prime example of this is that 97 tenth year anniversary patch that they wore in 2007 which is shown a few posts above. Look how little the teal is in there even though they were a teal and black team in 97. Also notice how much orange is in that patch even though they weren't an orange team in 97 and wouldn't be an orange team until 2012. Loria was phasing out the teal a year into his Marlins tenure and injecting it with orange little by little until he could go full orange and black in 2012. The man just doesn't like teal.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Loria won't bring back the teal, not because he's a bad owner, or cheap, or that it makes sense or any of that. He simply doesn't like the color teal. That's really the jist of it. He won't bring it back anymore than he has to and only when he absolutely has to. So he'll have the Marlins wear teal one random Friday or Saturday home game to honor the 97 team but that's it. I highly doubt they'll wear the throwbacks more than once. If they do a  97 patch there might be teal in that but I'm not sure he'll go that route. A prime example of this is that 97 tenth year anniversary patch that they wore in 2007 which is shown a few posts above. Look how little the teal is in there even though they were a teal and black team in 97. Also notice how much orange is in that patch even though they weren't an orange team in 97 and wouldn't be an orange team until 2012. Loria was phasing out the teal a year into his Marlins tenure and injecting it with orange little by little until he could go full orange and black in 2012. The man just doesn't like teal.

So he's just a bad and cheap owner who doesn't like teal.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Do not take this as me not wanting them to make changes but now part of me is upset with the DBacks dropping uniform elements so soon. If you're gonna swear up and down that you have the best trendy futuristic trailblazing new cutting edge uniforms that are gonna change uniform designs forever then stick with it. If you cut back some of the elements in less than a year you're admitting the whole thing was a failure and you lose, no one will take you seriously again.

Wait a minute! There's really someone still taking the DBags seriously?

Archived