MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For 2017 I believe Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale was quoted as saying that they would make some tweaks that are more traditional to the uniform. I don't have a video or a link but I do remember hearing that. I've submitted questions to the Diamondbacks staff when they've done live fan chats on Reddit or on Facebook but those questions regarding uniforms are usually ignored unless it's to talk about all the "positive" reaction that they get.

But, I have noticed on Fanatics that there is a lot more apparel and memorabilia that is mixing red and teal, and it appears that it will be the primary look for the future. It does seem that there is a real genuine positive reaction to bringing back the teal amongst most fans.

Personally, as a Diamondbacks fan, I hate the new uniforms and can't wait for the day when the purple, teal, and copper are all back full time. But until then I suppose I will welcome more teal if that's as close as i'll get for the time being.

41 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

I also think the Brewers might expand their navy and yellow to full time status

Oh, I sure as :censored: hope not. That's the worst of all options, taking the blandness of the navy and removing the sparkle of metallic that makes it at least tolerable.

The athletic gold is perfectly paired with royal blue, but flattens on the Brewers' newest alt. 

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

Fox Sports San Diego has been hinting that the Padres could go full brown in 2017 so maybe this means a monochromatic brown? 

I can get behind this.  Of course, I'd love a full return to these...

Tony-Gwynn.jpg?id=e92d3a64-6d50-4639-bcf

But if that can't happen then bring back the Brown.  I just want the Padres to have a real "identity" and not just well...whatever they've been doing the past 10-15 years.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Oh, I sure as :censored: hope not. That's the worst of all options, taking the blandness of the navy and removing the sparkle of metallic that makes it at least tolerable.

The athletic gold is perfectly paired with royal blue, but flattens on the Brewers' newest alt. 

Anything besides some combo of royal/yellow/powder blue is unacceptable.  I just don't get why they can't take the hint from fans.

8 hours ago, Bmac said:

Several sources have confirmed the New Era flag will be added to all on-field caps for 2017. Rumor has it we'll see this in use this postseason, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

That's BS, but marketing I guess.  I know it's done in the minors with the NE flag, so maybe that's why Im not so torn but its still a load of crap.

Marlins have a patch dilemma to address. They've got the ASG and the 20th anniversary of their 97 championship. Not sure how this will be addressed on their uniforms. I'm thinking the 97 title will get a patch and maybe nothing new gets added for the ASG but they really love pushing their current over their past so maybe the ASG gets more showing. But yes, as someone noted above, their first time bringing back any teal since their rebrand is very likely to happen when they wear throwbacks to the 97 uniforms.

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Marlins have a patch dilemma to address. They've got the ASG and the 20th anniversary of their 97 championship. Not sure how this will be addressed on their uniforms. I'm thinking the 97 title will get a patch and maybe nothing new gets added for the ASG but they really love pushing their current over their past so maybe the ASG gets more showing. But yes, as someone noted above, their first time bringing back any teal since their rebrand is very likely to happen when they wear throwbacks to the 97 uniforms.

Celebrating a championship with a patch should be limited to a weekend when you honor that team.

A season long patch should be reserved for the ASG or if an anniversary, most likely the anniversary of the team itself.

Archived