NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

DG86Ml_WAAAmiO-.jpg

Rookies in their new uniforms. First glimpse of the Spurs' new uniform too.

Lakers NOB now yellow without white outline?

12 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

DG86Ml_WAAAmiO-.jpg

Rookies in their new uniforms. First glimpse of the Spurs' new uniform too.

Just like the Bulls, it looks like the Lakers are now going with one-color NOB's. For the Spurs, it looks like the wordmark is one-color, and the number font is staying the same (we already knew that'd be the case). It also looks like their new secondary logo might be inside the side panel on the shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Spurs' jerseys took a turn for the worst. Now the numbers don't match the wordmark since the wordmark doesn't have a silver double outline anymore. Also, replacing the Spur U on the shorts for that pathetic excuse for a logo is just downright awful. 

Overall, these Spurs uniforms just feel half-baked to me....the wordmarks are simplified, but the numerals are busy....the side panels are simple, the collar and armhole trim are busy. I feel like a definitive shift one way or the other would look much better just in terms of cohesion, though I'd obviously much prefer them taking the truly simplified route.

40 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^Minnesota doesn't have one either.

Here's some more shots of the Spurs uniforms:

IMG_6823.thumb.JPG.0b68032c89b8d9406546d959af1db442.JPG

Okay I finally see what a lot of posters had brought up earlier in this thread.

The back of the jersey naturally rolling up like this photo

10 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Overall, these Spurs uniforms just feel half-baked to me....the wordmarks are simplified, but the numerals are busy....the side panels are simple, the collar and armhole trim are busy. I feel like a definitive shift one way or the other would look much better just in terms of cohesion, though I'd obviously much prefer them taking the truly simplified route.

Yeah, I've notice a lot of these new Nike jerseys have a bunch of mix 'n match elements to them. Different colored wordmarks vs numbers, differing trim colors and patterns, cutoff/early tapered striping, etc. It's like they couldn't decide on a set pattern so decided to combine all of them. I'd like a lot of them so much more if they just made small tweaks in consistency. Instead it feels like designs by committee with every designer wanting to leave their mark.

Archived