The National Volleyball League(9/30 New York logos added)

72freebie

12 hours ago, JohnnyRfl said:

My 3 cents on it:

1. I don't think "franchise system" works with volleyball. It looks like dodgeball, lacrosse or anything, but it does not resembles high-class volleyball. Look like some college dodgeball work, being too gentle.

2. You should add some stitching on this. Your concepts look like a mix between Lacrosse and AFL (Australian not Arena), and without a single stitch or collar, gets even worse... Number in left chest? Weren't you satisfied and had to throw hockey on this? OMG.

3. Lines this large? Logo in the center Oh, man... I imagine what comes next? Blue courts, black courts? I'm amazed FIVB hadn't banned wood courts. This is not basketball, this is awful.

I think you're taking it a little too seriously.  I haven't seen any volleyball league concepts on the boards before, so I think the bar is set pretty low.  Props to freebie for giving it a shot.  I think the work here is pretty good so far.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, JohnnyRfl said:

My 3 cents on it:

1. I don't think "franchise system" works with volleyball. It looks like dodgeball, lacrosse or anything, but it does not resembles high-class volleyball. Look like some college dodgeball work, being too gentle.

2. You should add some stitching on this. Your concepts look like a mix between Lacrosse and AFL (Australian not Arena), and without a single stitch or collar, gets even worse... Number in left chest? Weren't you satisfied and had to throw hockey on this? OMG.

3. Lines this large? Logo in the center Oh, man... I imagine what comes next? Blue courts, black courts? I'm amazed FIVB hadn't banned wood courts. This is not basketball, this is awful.

I'm sorry, do you not know what the word CONCEPT means? 

1 if Wendell can do 100+ franchise teams around the friggin world with DODGEBALL, a sport you only play in Middle school gym. But some guy can't do a 30 team league for and OLYMPIC SPORT. Then you're misguided on what this website is for

2 each sport has different ideologies and rules with jerseys, you don't see many monotone baseball jerseys, but that's all there is in basketball. So why is it SO bad that he adds ideas from the Canadiens and a number over the heart? 

3 the lines are large to show added detail. What's wrong with a logo in the center of the court? Doesn't every sport do that? Even baseball does that with some teams. Also blue courts? Volleyball uses those in real life. What's the difference between that and a blue football field?

4 what's with this hate against lacrosse? Do you hate native Americans?

give this guy a break. Sure some of his logos are out there but so are some real life teams. And if you're going to say "my three cents" and then bash him for being awful, then idek what to say. He needs constructive criticism not bashing rants of awfulness 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

20 hours ago, CodeG said:

1 if Wendell can do 100+ franchise teams around the friggin world with DODGEBALL, a sport you only play in Middle school gym. But some guy can't do a 30 team league for and OLYMPIC SPORT. Then you're misguided on what this website is for

2 each sport has different ideologies and rules with jerseys, you don't see many monotone baseball jerseys, but that's all there is in basketball. So why is it SO bad that he adds ideas from the Canadiens and a number over the heart? 

3 the lines are large to show added detail. What's wrong with a logo in the center of the court? Doesn't every sport do that? Even baseball does that with some teams. Also blue courts? Volleyball uses those in real life. What's the difference between that and a blue football field?

give this guy a break. Sure some of his logos are out there but so are some real life teams. And if you're going to say "my three cents" and then bash him for being awful, then idek what to say. He needs constructive criticism not bashing rants of awfulness 

IMG_1373.GIF

And @JohnnyRfl, I think that writing three paragraphs bashing someone for doing something like this while another user (The legendary @Windell918) did a two year project dedicated to a middle school gym sport, and I thought it was perfect, kind of like this project. My thing is, show some class, and provide constructive criticism. 

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

6 hours ago, CodeG said:

Let me answer you.

1. Volleyball is an Olympic Sport. Volleyball is played around the world. Volleyball uniforms have a common design idea on it. If you watch a high-class game, like FIVB World League, Grand Prix, European Championships or even College Volleyball, you will notice the general idea. Logos on chest, numbers below it. For the same reason, you don't see hockey players using vests or baseball players with horizontal pinstripes. I know what "concepts area" mean, but there's a general design idea to follow. If I post a football jersey without a number in front, maybe changing it by a sponsor, or if I do a TATC baseball shirt for Detroit Tigers, people will beat the crap out of my concept.

2. I have never talked about generic designs. I talked about designs that does not match the general design idea of a volleyball uniform.

3. Volleyball courts MUST COMPLY with some rules. One of them is: The court should be painted in a light color. And " Doesn't every sport do that?". No. Not every sport do that. High-class volleyball never do this, not in the way that this concept is being made. Logos are usually placed outside the playing area, to avoid opposite field invading.

4. I have nothing against Lacrosse. I just don't believe lacrosse jerseys would look nice in volleyball players. His concepts don't have a stitch. Tell me do you ever have seen a jersey without any stitch?

If you or the OP don't like my judgement, you're free to report. Just above.

5 hours ago, RedfieldNick said:

And @JohnnyRfl, I think that writing three paragraphs bashing someone for doing something like this while another user (The legendary @Windell918) did a two year project dedicated to a middle school gym sport, and I thought it was perfect, kind of like this project. My thing is, show some class, and provide constructive criticism. Or else, this picture will apply to you.

Volleyball is not a middle school gym sport. Volleyball is an Olympic Sport. Comparing Dodgeball with Volleyball is absurd.

I will not comment on your images, even if I like anime, this is just plain dumb.

13 hours ago, JohnnyRfl said:

Volleyball is not a middle school gym sport. Volleyball is an Olympic Sport. Comparing Dodgeball with Volleyball is absurd.

I will not comment on your images, even if I like anime, this is just plain dumb.

I wasn't comparing the two sports at all. I was just saying that both the series are perfect.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

On 1/3/2017 at 5:53 PM, JohnnyRfl said:

Let me answer you.

1. Volleyball is an Olympic Sport. Volleyball is played around the world. Volleyball uniforms have a common design idea on it. If you watch a high-class game, like FIVB World League, Grand Prix, European Championships or even College Volleyball, you will notice the general idea. Logos on chest, numbers below it. For the same reason, you don't see hockey players using vests or baseball players with horizontal pinstripes. I know what "concepts area" mean, but there's a general design idea to follow. If I post a football jersey without a number in front, maybe changing it by a sponsor, or if I do a TATC baseball shirt for Detroit Tigers, people will beat the crap out of my concept.

2. I have never talked about generic designs. I talked about designs that does not match the general design idea of a volleyball uniform.

3. Volleyball courts MUST COMPLY with some rules. One of them is: The court should be painted in a light color. And " Doesn't every sport do that?". No. Not every sport do that. High-class volleyball never do this, not in the way that this concept is being made. Logos are usually placed outside the playing area, to avoid opposite field invading.

4. I have nothing against Lacrosse. I just don't believe lacrosse jerseys would look nice in volleyball players. His concepts don't have a stitch. Tell me do you ever have seen a jersey without any stitch?

I think this is a better post of feedback. Instead of it coming across as "I don't like it, it looks bad", it explains the WHY behind it.

I disagree with the stitching, not every concept needs that level of detail to be a good concept.

Okay so now that all of the drama has hopefully ended here, lets get to another team. Next up is the Cincinnati Gorillas. The name comes from one of the most popular internet trends from the past few years. The secondary logo is based off of the Cincinnati flag and the color scheme is red and black just because they almost always look good together and I can think of a couple of other Cincinnati teams that wear red.

Cincinnati.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

On 1/3/2017 at 5:53 PM, JohnnyRfl said:

Let me answer you.

Couple questions:

1) What is TATC?

2) What do you mean by stitch?

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

13 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

Rip the Harambe meme... and the poor Gorilla.

This is rare footage of him today, smiling down on @72freebie for making his name be remembered in the most delightful way.

IMG_1383.JPG

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

3 hours ago, JohnnyRfl said:

1. http://www.angelfire.com/blues/new_yorker/TATC.html
2. Stitching. That thing with threads who turn fabrics into jerseys, pants, shorts, towels. You use a thread and a needle.

1. Nobody would kill you for making TATC Concepts.

2. Do we really have to get that detailed? Not all of them need to be super accurate.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

Ok lets get to some jerseys. Before that though, I want to explain some things about these controversies on this thread. I have not been doing stitching because nearly every volleyball jersey that I have seen is either sublimated or printed. I think that the logos would likely be the only thing stitched on. I think that sublimated jerseys are much nicer to wear while playing so you don't have big patches rubbing against you and getting in the way of your movements. I know that some of these designs are not quite volleyball like but I wanted this league to be unique for the sport of volleyball just like European hockey does their own way of uniforms compared to north american hockey. The courts are also hardwood to differentiate it. And I have been to many Canadian University games where the court is hardwood so it is not a new concept. I hope that clears some things up. Lets get to the Cincinnati jerseys and court.

Cincinnati-Jerseys.png

and the court

Cincinnati-Court.png

also an updated gorilla with new eyes

Cincinnati.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Archived