Chief Spider (a Cleveland concept)

Krz

Had this idea over the weekend. Since Chief Wahoo is racist but I didn't exactly want to scrap him I combined him with some spider instincts and powder blue reminiscent of the REALLY old Cleveland spiders look. C&C appreciated.

IMG_9147.JPG

Excellent!

Ewww... Spiders... Ewww. I would make the fangs stay inside the mouth instead of having them slightly outside. I would also make it less fuzzy. And I just noticed this, but make the second pair of eyes look like the eyes. I mistook them for a nose. Good concept though, in spite of the fact that I HATE spiders. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I'm rather in love this. I'd put the secondary eyes on top rather than on bottom to avoid the nose situation, plus it's more like an actual spider. I'd love to see a full concept, uniforms and everything.

rATMcmK.png

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I moved the eyes up and used less fur lines. How is it now? Working on uniforms today.

IMG_9149.JPG

I love it. It's adorable ?

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I moved the eyes up and used less fur lines. How is it now? Working on uniforms today.

IMG_9149.JPG

Would you mind if I help digitize this? It's absolutely gorgeous.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

While it's not anatomically correct, I think this would look best with only 2 eyes.  It looks really good to me except the 2nd set of eyes. Very unique concept and good execution.  The color scheme works and I think it would be easy enough for Indians fans to accept a rebrand to the Spiders with a logo that has some familiarity to it.

14 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Would you mind if I help digitize this? It's absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you so much that would be great, as I don't really have the resources now (no computer, just a phone)

14 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

That looks a lot better... Still don't like spiders... Ick.

Thanks for the feedback, can't change the fact that it's a spider

9 hours ago, lbj273 said:

While it's not anatomically correct, I think this would look best with only 2 eyes.  It looks really good to me except the 2nd set of eyes. Very unique concept and good execution.  The color scheme works and I think it would be easy enough for Indians fans to accept a rebrand to the Spiders with a logo that has some familiarity to it.

I may try this later today thanks

9 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Much better than the racist (And poorly designed, imo) Chief Wahoo. Very unique, too. I like it.

Exactly what I was going for

this is my first concept on these forums and your feedback and kind words means so much, I am working on the uniforms, home is done (maybe a little 70's and 40's) and I think y'all will really like the idea I have for the alternate (even if it is a little minor league) 

Excellent!

Home and away are done alternate later today, tried to create a nice cursive Cleveland as they have never really had a good one in my opinion (not sure if it works), And on they away I gave them that 70's monochrome and a c on the chest like the 1902 throwbacks. What do you think?

IMG_9152.JPG

Excellent!

I agree that the mascot should only have 2 eyes.  It'll make for a cleaner looking logo (good example below) Less is more. Good work thus far, always nice to see artwork done with good ole pencil & paper! Once you got it in a good place try adding some shading to it. Looking forward to seeing your update!

Image result for fond du lac dock spiders logo

3 hours ago, ren69 said:

I agree that the mascot should only have 2 eyes.  It'll make for a cleaner looking logo (good example below) Less is more. Good work thus far, always nice to see artwork done with good ole pencil & paper! Once you got it in a good place try adding some shading to it. Looking forward to seeing your update!

Image result for fond du lac dock spiders logo

Thanks so much, I'm a big fan of your work (redesigned Baylor bear frowning was my wallpaper for a while) I went back and drew it with two eyes, alternate uniforms coming later today

IMG_9153.JPG

Excellent!

On 6/13/2017 at 5:20 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Had this idea over the weekend. Since Chief Wahoo is racist but I didn't exactly want to scrap him I combined him with some spider instincts and powder blue reminiscent of the REALLY old Cleveland spiders look. C&C appreciated.

IMG_9147.JPG

This looks like something from an 1890s children's book.

On 6/14/2017 at 3:56 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

IMG_9149.JPG

This looks less like something from an 1890s children's book, but still looks like something from the 1890s. 

8 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Thanks so much, I'm a big fan of your work (redesigned Baylor bear frowning was my wallpaper for a while) I went back and drew it with two eyes, alternate uniforms coming later today

IMG_9153.JPG

This, somehow, looks like something from the 1990s.

For the record, I like all three, but I like the older-looking ones better.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, her is the second batch of uniforms. The first is a "spider" uniform using the arms and side panels to look like the player has eight arms.  The hat also does somthing similar having eight legs coming out of the button. Tried to make the script like cream throwbacks they have now. The grey uniform is an actual throwback from the 1890's (here's my proof https://www.ebbets.com/product/Cleveland-Spiders-1895-Road-Jersey/flannels-minor-leagues) C&C appreciated!

IMG_9157.JPG

IMG_9159.JPG

(Oooh a collar, hope Chris sale doesn't get traded here)

Excellent!

Archived