infrared41's Numerical Super Bowl Trivia

infrared41

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wdm1219inpenna said:

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who was Crabcake47!

I was able to translate all the Roman Numerals no problem, but can't make heads or tails of what they mean.

The numbers can represent player number, yardage, scores, time, and terminology. Think in terms of famous Super Bowl plays and who was involved in them. For example; III-XII-XLI-VII would read as 3-12-41-7 or Super Bowl III Namath passes to Matt Snell for a TD. (No idea if that play actually took place, it’s just an example of how I’m using the numbers.) 

In any case, maybe I should put the Super Bowl number back in the sequences. It does seem kind of difficult to figure out the question without them. 

BB52Big.jpg

Revised version of round V with the Super Bowl added to the sequence.  Again, this one took place very quickly. 

Round V. XXXV-XXII-XLIX-LXXVI-XCVII-LXXIV-LXXIV-XXI-XXXVI. 

BB52Big.jpg

Super Bowl (35), Duane Starks (22) returns a Kerry Collins INT for (49) yards.

On the next play, Ron Dixon (86) returns the kickoff (97) yards. 

On the next play, Jermaine Lewis (84) returns the kickoff (84) yards. 

(21) points in (36) seconds. 

EDIT: I think you got got some of the numbers wrong. When I plugged in the numbers to a Roman numeral calculator, 86, 84, and 84 came up as 76, 74, and 74. Just an FYI cause I’m pretty sure this is the sequence you’re referring to. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Super Bowl (35), Duane Starks (22) returns a Kerry Collins INT for (49) yards.

On the next play, Ron Dixon (86) returns the kickoff (97) yards. 

On the next play, Jermaine Lewis (84) returns the kickoff (84) yards. 

(21) points in (36) seconds. 

EDIT: I think you got got some of the numbers wrong. When I plugged in the numbers to a Roman numeral calculator, 86, 84, and 84 came up as 76, 74, and 74. Just an FYI cause I’m pretty sure this is the sequence you’re referring to. 

That's what we were looking for. Crabcake47 gets in the game.

I'm using a Roman Numeral converter. Odds are, I misread them and ended up with a couple typos. Sorry about that.  I left out an X that's why you got 76,74,74. 

BB52Big.jpg

On 1/27/2019 at 11:37 PM, Walter Sobchak said:

Super Bowl XIII, Steelers lead 21-14, Roger Staubach (12) passes to Jackie Smith (81) who drops the pass in the end zone.

Walter Sobchak takes the lead. That’s the play I was looking for. 

BB52Big.jpg

36 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Holy crap. I don't think I'd get any of these even if I had full access to the NFL flims library and a month to think about it.  

Only reason I got it was because Super Bowl 35 was added and it’s obviously close to my heart. Needed help from Wikipedia to get the specific yardage, time, etc. Infrared also saying that the sequence happened quickly pretty much sealed it for me. 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Only reason I got it was because Super Bowl 35 was added and it’s obviously close to my heart. Needed help from Wikipedia to get the specific yardage, time, etc. Infrared also saying that the sequence happened quickly pretty much sealed it for me. 

That's the one I would have had a shot at.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Holy crap. I don't think I'd get any of these even if I had full access to the NFL flims library and a month to think about it.  

They're really pretty easy. They're all "big plays" from the Super Bowl and I tell you which Super Bowl it is at the beginning of the sequence. Then it's just a matter of figuring out player numbers. I think they're a whole lot easier than the "Who am I?" bit. 

BB52Big.jpg

43 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

They're really pretty easy. They're all "big plays" from the Super Bowl and I tell you which Super Bowl it is at the beginning of the sequence. Then it's just a matter of figuring out player numbers. I think they're a whole lot easier than the "Who am I?" bit. 

Yeah. Honestly, I agree with your earlier assessment that adding the Super Bowl back into it makes it a bit too easy. I just think the first one you went with without the Super Bowl was itself a really tough string of events to figure out.

I'd love to see some that maybe aren't linked to a single super bowl or play, but are thematically related.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 1/28/2019 at 5:13 PM, ninersdd said:

Super Bowl 17, score 10-10, 5th score of the game, #41 Fulton Walker 98 yard kickoff return gives Miami a 7 point lead

ninersdd is on the board with Fulton Walker's KO return. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 hours ago, Lafarge said:

Yeah. Honestly, I agree with your earlier assessment that adding the Super Bowl back into it makes it a bit too easy. I just think the first one you went with without the Super Bowl was itself a really tough string of events to figure out.

I'd love to see some that maybe aren't linked to a single super bowl or play, but are thematically related.

OK, we'll try another one without listing the game. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived