San diego padres new look?

TruColor

I don't know if you all have been following this thread over on the FanHome board, but someone ("hawk36") apparently got a hold of the new Pantones that will be used by the Padres next season when they move into PETCO Park.

They're going back to a very dark Brown and a "Merigold"/orange color.  In fact, apparently the brown will be an off-shade of Black (PANTONE Black 4 C), and light Burnt Orange (PANTONE 145 C).  Here's how these colors look on screen:

SAN DIEGO PADRES DARK BROWN

SAN DIEGO PADRES ORANGE

What do you think, sirs?

Oye ve!  This one I do have to agree with Sharkie.  Pantone, maybe mock this up for a pretty decent color combo for Los Padres de San Diego:

San Diego Padres Navy Blue

Washington Capitals Bronze

San Jose Sharks Burnt Orange

That would be a really nice update.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I thought it would be black and gold.  In fact, I thought it was on this board that someone in the Padres front office said brown wouldn't be making a comeback.

I like it. They have to stay away from the 80's uniform design. Stick with the current Design or come up with another modern look. If they do that, these new colors could work.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I thought it would be black and gold. In fact, I thought it was on this board that someone in the Padres front office said brown wouldn't be making a comeback.

Well technically, it still COULD be called "Black and Gold"...it's Black 4 C and 145 C.

It's just that Black 4 C is really, um...BROWN.

Mua-hahahaha it is the reckoning for shark.

ok, please explain to me, what does this thread have to do with me? explain now!

so the padres may be going back to brown....okay i think it sucks, but Im not gonna go into a deep depression because of it. hell if anything with this alleged new scheme, they will just go from looking like the dodgers to looking like the giants (who can blame them)....so much for originality huh

Im just sick of users looking for any excuse to rip into me. and for what reason? to get thier own jollies off? I refuse to be the resident whooping boy around here I am gonna make that loud and clear right now.

come on, man.  Nobody is trying to turn you into the whipping boy.  Just realize that you're so vocal about brown that when the Padres start using it, you're going to get some good natured ribbing.  I mean, look at your user name for crying out loud.

BTW, with your post, you run an even bigger chance of this thread being about you than before.

On a lighter note, today is my 17th birthday!!  I've decided to hold off on my new website until the 10th.  I should be able to get the SLUDnet menu working by then, I hope.  I have the HTML loaded, just can't get the menu to appear on the homepage.

u guys are so childish. u all tell SHB that he is being a baby and acting like a child when he stops his concepts but u are the ones acting like children when u rip him like that. find somethin else to do with ur time

Depending on how it is done in terms of brown he has it coming. I'm not doing this as criticism, but he goes out of his way to let us know he doesn't like brown. Case in point, the new Gulls jersey. His comment? (not exact quote) "At least it's not brown." We can say stuff like Shark's not gonna like this, or even joke that it's his worst nightmare. The way the criticism and x over threads go should be unrelated to this. In this case he jokes (although he's serious) about hating brown all the time. We joke back when brown comes up. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Ice cap's comment was stupid and he is just baiting. Shouldn't be allowed on this board. If nothing else that post should be removed.

Archived