Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power has winning new look

PATRICK McDONALD, ARTS EDITOR

November 17, 2006 01:15am

PRIMARY school children will get to design a new guernsey for the Power to wear as part of next year's Come Out youth arts festival.

In an AFL first, permission has been given for Port Adelaide to wear the winning competition design in its clash with Richmond at AAMI Stadium on May 12.

Individual children, as well as classes from Reception to Year 7, will be able to enter.

As well as seeing their design on the field, the winner will lead out the team and take 30 classmates to form a guard of honour at the match.

Westport Primary students Caitlin Adams, 10, and Kyle Fraser, 11, created their own entries yesterday for Power captain Warren Tredrea to try on.

Caitlin's featured "three lightning stripes with two teal stripes in the middle", while Kyle said his had lightning "striking a ball to make sparks come out".

"It's all about building our youth and the biggest festival is Come Out," said Tredrea. "Sport and art aren't something that generally mix, so this is a good opportunity. Who knows, the person that wins the guernsey competition could end up being a world-renowned artist."

Entries must be in by February 28.

The winner will be announced on March 23 but the design will not be revealed until the team runs on to the ground on May 12.

Details are available at the Power's young supporter website, PlanetTeal.com.au

As part of the Power's sponsorship of Come Out, classes will also be able to buy packages of 30 student and 10 adult tickets to see the May 12 game for just $120 - equal to $3 each.

The Come Out 2007 program and poster is launched today.

GRRR :cursing: ... This is going to look so dodgy. Its either going to look like a fingerprinting or crayon scribble. Worst thing is these little brats are going to have a chance to create something Port will wear in a game while there's many of out there that have designs 100 times better just sitting on our computers. Maybe I should go and enrole at Westport Primary.

http://planetteal.com.au/default.asp?pg=pl...;spg=windisplay

It's any primary school.

I suggest you click on the link, and submit one of your existing designs.

Then find a primary school and kid and do a deal with him.

He gets to take his class to the rooms, you get to retain some dignity for your club.

PLUS, 1 minute after they run out in them and the kids are in the rooms, you tell everyone everywhere, with proof, that it was you who designed it, and not the kiddie, who by then is enjoying the free hospitality.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It always did seem strange to have a Kmart-type surf brand as a kit supplier to an AFL team. Who actually made the stuff? Sekem or someone?

liverpool-1.png

2007 St Kilda clash guernsey: Tell us your thoughts

The Saints are currently in the process of undertaking a review of its clash guernsey, with the Club required to create an alternative guernsey when playing against teams the AFL deem St Kilda clashes with.

In all other games including away matches, the Saints will play in their traditional strip, which will allow the Club to wear the traditional guernsey more often. The guernsey has been redesigned in order to fully represent the Club?s brand.

The review of the guernsey should be evaluated as a strategy that will be worn by the club and its supporters for 2007 and beyond. To properly review the guernsey, we pose the following two guernseys for your consideration.

307205al.jpg307210au.jpg

Well here's the two options for the Saints clash. I don't understand why the AFL clubs cant get something professional looking. I'd probably go for the all white with the piping but that faded old logo appearance really looks silly. The second jumper looks like a replica of this old Fitzroy pre-season jumper...

Fitzroy-Preseason-1995.gif

The Saints are currently in the process of undertaking a review of its clash guernsey, with the Club required to create an alternative guernsey when playing against teams the AFL deem St Kilda clashes with.

In all other games including away matches, the Saints will play in their traditional strip, which will allow the Club to wear the traditional guernsey more often. The guernsey has been redesigned in order to fully represent the Club’s brand.

The review of the guernsey should be evaluated as a strategy that will be worn by the club and its supporters for 2007 and beyond. To properly review the guernsey, we pose the following two guernseys for your consideration.

307205al.jpg307210au.jpg

Well here's the two options for the Saints clash. I don't understand why the AFL clubs cant get something professional looking. I'd probably go for the all white with the piping but that faded old logo appearance really looks silly. The second jumper looks like a replica of this old Fitzroy pre-season jumper...

Fitzroy-Preseason-1995.gif

That was exactly my first thoughts. What is wrong with what we had? that was probably the best Away jumper in the league. They look like training jumpers to me. Get rid of the pipings on both and i think you have an okay winner. With white shorts though, it's be too white though.

We have comments field in there. The club got my comments, fair and straight to the point alright.

And we are with Skins next year.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

In all other games including away matches, the Saints will play in their traditional strip, which will allow the Club to wear the traditional guernsey more often. The guernsey has been redesigned in order to fully represent the Club?s brand.

307205al.jpg307210au.jpg

echoing Primal, bring back the cross jumpers...I don't like what's behind door #1 cus the faded logo seems pointless on a gamer. #2, while it aint the best they coulda done, is a helluva lot better than #1 at present. if the first one had a non-faded crest, this would be a tossup, but the way it is right now, it's like a tank vs. a dixie cup...which one do you think's gonna win? <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived