Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent in my own designs which I (with a bit of bias) thought was a million times better... it was white, it had three stripes and our logo in the middle.

A few years ago I sent files to someone I know well, who works for StKilda.

Amongst a few designs was the jumper that got rejected.

Primal can back me up on this, because his feedback at the time was that the one with the chevrons was the worst idea I'd ever had.

So it appears StKilda management have come up with a design they liked, which is the above, then chosen an alternate so horrible there was no way anyone would want it. (Mine)

However, according to my sources, this was the design the StKilda fans voted for through their website.

Accordingly, the club removed the poll from the website, and have made no announcement on the Clash jumper. But the AFL have released their paperwork, and the club have nominated the one they wanted as the Clash jumper, with the distressed club logo on it, not the one I designed, and the supporters voted for.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Only ones I really don't like are Brisbane, Port and Richmond... and two of those are not beyond redemption (Port's just can't be saved.) The rest I'm at least willing to see in action.

I wonder what shorts we will be seeing now that the away white rule has been dropped. I suspect many sides will continue to wear white out of habit.

Primal can back me up on this, because his feedback at the time was that the one with the chevrons was the worst idea I'd ever had.

Should I say it again, just in case? ;) Eh, I've mellowed to them...

Only ones I really don't like are Brisbane, Port and Richmond... and two of those are not beyond redemption (Port's just can't be saved.) The rest I'm at least willing to see in action.

I wonder what shorts we will be seeing now that the away white rule has been dropped. I suspect many sides will continue to wear white out of habit.

Should I say it again, just in case? ;) Eh, I've mellowed to them...

All sides are wearing White shorts with these jumpers.

Socks.

Well...

Adelaide have Blue with Red and Gold band in the middle

Brisbane White with Blue and Gold tops

Carlton. Navy with White hoop at the bottom

Collingwood. Black with white hoop at the bottom

Essendon. Same as usual

Freo. Hooped

Geelong. Hooped as usual

Hawthorn. N/A

Kangaroos. Hooped

Melbourne. Red as usual

Port. Black with White band outlined in Silver

Richmond Same as usual

StKilda Same as usual

Sydney. N/A

West Coast. Same as usual

Footscray. TBD

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

SANFL News....

West Adelaide have a new logo and clash jumper. The logo is a rip off of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Sort of like how South Adelaide ripped off the Philly Eagles. The clash jumper doesn't look too bad but its very hard to make out in that small picture. Will work as a good clash though.

West%20Adelaide%20New%20Logo%20resized.jpg

Guernsey%20logo%20launch.JPG

SANFL News....

West Adelaide have a new logo and clash jumper. The logo is a rip off of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Sort of like how South Adelaide ripped off the Philly Eagles. The clash jumper doesn't look too bad but its very hard to make out in that small picture. Will work as a good clash though.

West%20Adelaide%20New%20Logo%20resized.jpg

Very similar, but still quite a few differences. I guess a front on wolf with light coming from the left can only turn out fairly similar.

0451594444_Timberwolves_logo.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived