Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that factoid and I agree, the Mermaids are the best in Australia at least. Too bad a few NRL teams are looking to "alternative" ways to cheer this year. Souths are using Tap Dogs this year and the Eels are introducing male cheerleaders and tumbling acts.

...Seriously though, back to AFL.

sig.png

Just FYI, the Crows wore these one-off guernseys in an exhibition against SANFL's Norwood last week.

CF%20trial%20jumper.JPG

heh, if it was in the old away's style (w/o the number shield), that would make a good clash. I figure I'll add that to my to-do list (just as soon as I actually do half the stuff I've been meaning to get done :D )

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

However, here is my version of the Lions Clash jumper, on Gazzza's excellent template.

Thanks to those who helped out with some of the tracing, they know who they are.

And a big thanks to the AFL Shop at Knox City for stocking these pieces of trash, and allowing me to photograph them close enough to enable people to trace them.

Brisbane-2007-Clash.gif

The more detailed the version of this jumper I see the less and less I like it.

Is that meant to be a series of scratchmarks or jungle camouflage in the watermark?

Err, well neither.

It's actually the shadowing on the jumper.

It looks better on colours than on white.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Carlton are wearing some ugly looking shorts. Hopefully these things don't make there way to the H&A season. Also the necks on those jumpers look awfully tight.

The whole jumper looks too tight! Did Whitnall have to change jumpers during the game... he ended up with an "away sponsors" jumper on.

1270.jpg

For those who haven't seen the shorts, they have two navy blue panels on the backside made of some kind of chamois material for players to wipe their hands on. Looks very odd - a Nike innovation also used in the NRL by the Broncos, apparently.

1333.jpg

AFL logo on the numbers is just a grab for cash.

They're going to sell those numbers in retail stores for more than you would normally buy numbers.

I expect they'll make something out of it, but probably not a great deal.

As for Carlton's jumper, with that collar it looks like a soccer shirt with the sleeves cut off.

And with some of the rule changes they're brought in, it suits just nicely.

Next thing offside and yellow cards.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The chamois idea is a good one but couldn't they use a white chamois material? I hope the Broncos dont decide to contrast on their shorts.

That Saints jumper above looks like a t-shirt with one of those iron on transfer logos...after 10 or so years.

sig.png

The chamois idea is a good one but couldn't they use a white chamois material? I hope the Broncos dont decide to contrast on their shorts.

That Saints jumper above looks like a t-shirt with one of those iron on transfer logos...after 10 or so years.

Exactly. It's the only thing it can look like.

Which makes it look cheap and dodgy.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Exactly. It's the only thing it can look like.

Which makes it look cheap and dodgy.

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived