Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We play Collingwood in Heritage Round. There's one way to avoid a clash.

Collingwood's Heritage jumper is mostly White.

StKilda's is mostly Black.

Though as the Home team they will be wearing Black shorts, and you're wearing White.

It will be just like the 70's.

Hopefully not like Round 4, 1979.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Mero have you heard anything regarding Port? Its getting a fair bit of media coverage here in SA and I can tell you us Port supporters are getting quite pissed off about this whole thing. I'm going over to Melbourne for heritage round even if we arent allowed to use the B&W. I can assure you us Port supporters won't lie down on this even if the club does :mad:

As I understand it, Port Adelaide are wearing the Prison Bars, and while all designs are in for approval, none have been signed off yet.

Which includes Essendon and Richmond basically wearing the jumpers they wear now.

The only people complaining and talking it up are the Port people, but even Collingwood people are saying they're fine with it as a once off, and not against them. Which I think is fair enough too.

The AFL have made no comment on it whatsoever, so I don't see why it's an issue.

Port-Heritage-2007-1.gif

PS You're coming over the Melbourne. I take it we're catching up for a beer...?

i got to get one of those.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Heh, meh, I didn't watch it. I think I'm happy I didn't.

1- Delayed games on TV when you know the result are stupid, especially when they are interstate.

2- I went out last night.

...and when you know your team didn't show up, it's not a good use of your time watching it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Here they are again.

Heritage-2007-5.gif

Hello 1987, what are you doing here? :)

It was the closest thing to the 70's they could get.

(Without bringing out a Gold jumper with a big Black sash on it, which only upset the Doclers.)

Heritage-2007-3.gif

do you have the rest of the heritage round jumpers like that.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Heh, meh, I didn't watch it. I think I'm happy I didn't.

1- Delayed games on TV when you know the result are stupid, especially when they are interstate.

2- I went out last night.

...and when you know your team didn't show up, it's not a good use of your time watching it.

I think Robert Harvey showed up. Judging by the media reports, no body else played.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

hah I sat in the rain and now I have a cold, it was worth it though :grin:

I remember doin that about 6 years ago in college...i bet first thing you did after the match was take a shower :D heh, rain-drenched football rules. don't matter if it's the gridiron or the oval, it :censored:ing rules.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Mero have you heard anything regarding Port? Its getting a fair bit of media coverage here in SA and I can tell you us Port supporters are getting quite pissed off about this whole thing. I'm going over to Melbourne for heritage round even if we arent allowed to use the B&W. I can assure you us Port supporters won't lie down on this even if the club does :mad:

As I understand it, Port Adelaide are wearing the Prison Bars, and while all designs are in for approval, none have been signed off yet.

Which includes Essendon and Richmond basically wearing the jumpers they wear now.

The only people complaining and talking it up are the Port people, but even Collingwood people are saying they're fine with it as a once off, and not against them. Which I think is fair enough too.

The AFL have made no comment on it whatsoever, so I don't see why it's an issue.

Port-Heritage-2007-1.gif

PS You're coming over the Melbourne. I take it we're catching up for a beer...?

Well, it's official now, this is what they're wearing in Heritage Round.

Collingwood's first comment on the matter was "OK"

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like West Coast will be wearing a WA state jumper - announced on Nine news tonight, apparently.

Pretty poor decision there by the AFL and West Coast. State of origin jumpers are for players who earn the right to wear the jumper and to represent their state, take Chris Judd for example, he's a Victorian so I can imagine Freo supporters and other non West Coast WA people not being impressed by this.

On the Port heritage jumper we still haven't heard what the hells going on, I have a feeling that the AFL are going to say no :mad:

Archived