Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Sunday Herald Sun

THE Brisbane Lions will wear the last official Fitzroy jumper in the Round 14 Heritage Round against West Coast and the Round 19 match against Hawthorn at the MCG.

But they'll wear it with the yoke like Brisbane wear theirs today.

Deeper than Fitzroy ever wore it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I once had an idea for Brisbane Lions to have there current home jumper as there home, but for away games in Melbourne, they wear the old Fitzroy jumper but with a yellow lion rather than the FFC. So basically there current but red instead of maroon.

I have no idea why I thought that would be interesting.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Looks like some people still aren't clear on the concept of how clash jumpers work...

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/com...5E20322,00.html

Why on earth would the Pies have even considered switching to their white strip against a team wearing predominantly white???

North will get something out of it, $$$, and Collingwood get to say they've beaten the AFL's policy.

Everyone wins. An excellent result.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 3 weeks later...

This quote is courtesy of Pinepower over at BigFooty...

I have been listening to John James on 891 pre game.

Stephen Williams asked about the jumper for heritage round as it was one of hie questions that he always asks.

JJ replied that they have approached the AFL and did not get an answer that they liked and are still in talks.

He said that apparently there was a verbal agreement between the late Ron Evans and a certain president of another AFL club that Port would not wear black and white again. He stressed that Port were not a party to the meeting.

All wondered why another club could dictate terms.

This is what I recall, I listened then typed.

If this does turn out to be true I can safely say :censored: will hit the fan.

• 2 weeks later...

clashfrontll8.jpg

The Western Bulldogs will wear their clash jumper for the first time tomorrow night against Richmond.

Obviously there's no actual clash between the two, but it seems that with very few Friday night games to get them some media coverage, the Dogs are taking the chances they can get to be the focus of attention.

Essendon's clash strip will also be debuting this weekend, and possibly Carlton as well...

Funny how guarded the Dogs were with that jumper. It isn't exactly an earth-shattering revelation; most concepts I've seen (and one I've ever made myself) essentially were the same as that.

I guess this place is still too public a place to tell everything I know about this jumper design.

Save to say, the American expression 'phoning it in' is particularly apt.

The Bulldogs logo looks like this:

200px-2006_AFL_Western_Bulldogs.jpg

All they've done is draw a blue rectangle so that the entirity of the blue section there is covered by the rectangle.

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who has the Diadora eps of this design. And that's all they've done on it. The Bulldogs logo as above, is in the eps.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Watching it on TV now... Doggies look REALLY good. Only problem is the bottom of the blue numbers disappearing in the red band on the back.

I looked at some of the game photos, and I really like them as well. The blue numbers do get lost, but really, what other colour could you use? you can't use red or white or even black because of the sponsor's logo.

I saw, I came, I left.

Essendon I thought had way too much red today. Especially the way Lloyd tucks his jumper in. I thought it was rather bright aswell.

I thought the game was pretty crap. And why we played Gwilt over Voss in place of Brooks I have no idea. Ridiculous.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Essendon I thought had way too much red today. Especially the way Lloyd tucks his jumper in. I thought it was rather bright aswell.

The jumper looks weird paired with the red shorts, but I do think the change in the colour balance was helpful. Would be interesting to see red shorts with the normal jumper in the same situation.

I thought the game was pretty crap. And why we played Gwilt over Voss in place of Brooks I have no idea. Ridiculous.

The game was fantastic, the jumpers & shorts combo was awful.

StKilda should have worn their White jumpers. Or their Red ones. Or their Yellow ones. Or their Black ones with White shorts.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived