Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West%20Adelaide%20New%20Logo%20resized.jpg

They've done a far better job with the logo than Souths, it must be said. Even if they are using the same Philly Eagles' style wordmark!

You're comparing something to 0 out of 10. That South logo was terrible.

And yes, it looks like the same people used the same Eagles style wordmark.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I sent in my own designs which I (with a bit of bias) thought was a million times better... it was white, it had three stripes and our logo in the middle.

A few years ago I sent files to someone I know well, who works for StKilda.

Amongst a few designs was the jumper that got rejected.

Primal can back me up on this, because his feedback at the time was that the one with the chevrons was the worst idea I'd ever had.

So it appears StKilda management have come up with a design they liked, which is the above, then chosen an alternate so horrible there was no way anyone would want it. (Mine)

However, according to my sources, this was the design the StKilda fans voted for through their website.

Accordingly, the club removed the poll from the website, and have made no announcement on the Clash jumper. But the AFL have released their paperwork, and the club have nominated the one they wanted as the Clash jumper, with the distressed club logo on it, not the one I designed, and the supporters voted for.

So why did they bother with a poll if they had already picked what they wanted?

I'm 90% certain that there were more complaint emails than votes for either jumper.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

SANFL News....

West Adelaide have a new logo and clash jumper. The logo is a rip off of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Sort of like how South Adelaide ripped off the Philly Eagles. The clash jumper doesn't look too bad but its very hard to make out in that small picture. Will work as a good clash though.

Guernsey%20logo%20launch.JPG

00078427-image.jpg

yikes.

I saw, I came, I left.

I sent in my own designs which I (with a bit of bias) thought was a million times better... it was white, it had three stripes and our logo in the middle.

A few years ago I sent files to someone I know well, who works for StKilda.

Amongst a few designs was the jumper that got rejected.

Primal can back me up on this, because his feedback at the time was that the one with the chevrons was the worst idea I'd ever had.

So it appears StKilda management have come up with a design they liked, which is the above, then chosen an alternate so horrible there was no way anyone would want it. (Mine)

However, according to my sources, this was the design the StKilda fans voted for through their website.

Accordingly, the club removed the poll from the website, and have made no announcement on the Clash jumper. But the AFL have released their paperwork, and the club have nominated the one they wanted as the Clash jumper, with the distressed club logo on it, not the one I designed, and the supporters voted for.

So why did they bother with a poll if they had already picked what they wanted?

I'm 90% certain that there were more complaint emails than votes for either jumper.

Because they wanted to appear to be consultative.

From their persepctive, they thought it was a 50% chance the fans would like what they liked.

So they ran the poll, hoping to say at a later stage, this is the jumper our fans voted for.

But the fans didn't vote for the one they'd already decided on, so they took the poll down and will sell the concept of the jumper differently.

They've done a far better job with the logo than Souths, it must be said. Even if they are using the same Philly Eagles' style wordmark!

http://www.westies.com.au/files/Media%20Re...ch%2013%202.pdf

And they were nice enough to leave the vector artwork in the pdf.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

From their persepctive, they thought it was a 50% chance the fans would like what they liked.

So they ran the poll, hoping to say at a later stage, this is the jumper our fans voted for.

But the fans didn't vote for the one they'd already decided on, so they took the poll down and will sell the concept of the jumper differently.

And yet weirdly enough the poll page is still sitting (probably unlinked) on their website...

http://saints.com.au/default.asp?pg=inside...=guernseychoice

http://www.westies.com.au/files/Media%20Re...ch%2013%202.pdf

And they were nice enough to leave the vector artwork in the pdf.

Where would we be without leagues that didn't know how to secure their PDFs? I shudder to think :)

heh, hopefully no aussie team ever decides to call themselves the Crips (yeah, I know West Adelaide had the Bloods name well before the same-named street gang existed, it's just the first thing that came to mind for me)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That West Adelaide wolf is a little close to the T-Wolves but not that bad overall. It might actually be the better wolf rendering in fact.

Loses marks for the wordmark though.

liverpool-1.png

And yet weirdly enough the poll page is still sitting (probably unlinked) on their website...

http://saints.com.au/default.asp?pg=inside...=guernseychoice

Not suprised, but they definately took away all links to that page within days. They didn't leave it linked to the end of the proposed voting timeline.

Man. Did I have a crappy day today.

It started the other day when I first posted the Clash jumpers.

A guy from the Big Footy forum emailed me with artwork he says he got from a guy from the AFL.

This was to correct a mistake with the Bulldogs jumper.

I am helping with the EA Sports AFL 2007 game, so I emailed it to the guy from there for verification.

He nodded his head, so I changed the graphic that is on the page before this.

Then the faeces hit the fan.

The Bulldogs team accused the company making the game of breach of contract, that they revealed the design. There was an obvious link. I made the graphic, and I had been in contact with them.

So my guy there was losing his job, but eventually persuaded them that why would he send artwork to me that I had sent to him?

So somehow the AFL and the Bulldogs traced it back to the guy who emailed it to me (and also posted it on Big Footy)

They contacted him and threatened to involve the police unless he did whatever they wanted him to do.

From his email Sony and EA traced it back to the AFL's offices.

They were off the hook, so is my mate, but now the guy from the AFL, who innocently emailed a pdf file to his mate is now unemployed.

He doesn't understand what he's done wrong, and neither does the guy who emailed me.

But it mattered to the AFL

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Someone should blow them up.

Yes Ted.

My old man lost his job twice, the second time was on hearsay from someone at a childrens party about what there reason for sacking him the first time was. My dad had no idea. But the claims were ridiculous. Like why would I have moved to a public school if he stole a large sum of money?

I was going somewhere with that but in writting it, forgot.

They were off the hook, so is my mate, but now the guy from the AFL, who innocently emailed a pdf file to his mate is now unemployed.

I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as innocently mailing an internal work document to friends. Work documents are work documents, no matter how interesting your workplace is.

I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as innocently mailing an internal work document to friends. Work documents are work documents, no matter how interesting your workplace is.

Well maybe so.

We all love to be in the loop and get hold of this stuff.

But it's a costly game when a kid loses his job over it.

You feel like deleting it from your Inbox now?

It's that pdf I'm talking about.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Well maybe so.

We all love to be in the loop and get hold of this stuff.

But it's a costly game when a kid loses his job over it.

You feel like deleting it from your Inbox now?

It's that pdf I'm talking about.

Primal's right. We all "love to be in the loop," but people who are in the loop have a responsibility to their employers to keep that loop closed.

The guy was wrong. He made a mistake. It sucks that he lost his job over it, I feel for him, but he deserved it.

Archived