Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can handle someone not liking the concept, as long as they are not to forward. As long as they tell me what the problem is so i can attempt to fix it. these are only rough, and have been made so i can fix them as requested to make the improvement, and if Mero has something to say, I am more than willing to listen because he knows what he is talking about.

From the Essendon FC Club Constitution.

The playing uniform shall consist of a Black guernsey with a Red sash.

Anything else is not an Essendon jumper. No offence, but that's the club guidelines.

Pre_season-jumper.jpg

:shocked:

That is as ugly as anything I've ever seen used.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

They said you wouldnt like it, but it is only a concept after all, one mans opinion

It's no problem, I'm not offended by it, and I hope you're not by comments.

It's just that the Guiness Record for the oldest unchanged uniform design in team sport in the world, is worth holding on to. Not one game in anything else since 1890. No reason to change now.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

trust me not offended, but the rules are there for the good of the game, and if i had it my way the mighty dees wouldnt be changin either. but thats the way they decided to do it.

Do you mean wouldn't be changing from the Navy and Red, or the Royal and Red I grew up watching them in?

Or changing from any of the three Preseason jumpers they've had recently?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i wrote that wrong sorry mate. if melbourne had of had the same design for the same period of time then i wouldnt want it changed.

On that richmond jumper it just looks like an updated version of the pre season jumper used from 1998-2003, and i think they could have done alot better

artest.jpg

That clash jumper becomes less offensive the more I look at it.

I've always found it annoying that most design templates for Aussie Rules jumpers tend to make the side panels stick out like a sore thumb when in reality they are far less prominent under a player's arms. The red and black chevrons on that proposed St Kilda jumper are a good example - look awful when laid out like that, but will probably be far more subtle on field.

(I also notice that the pre-season strip has the manufacturer's tag on the right-hand side so it doesn't screw up the logo)

i wrote that wrong sorry mate. if melbourne had of had the same design for the same period of time then i wouldnt want it changed.

On that richmond jumper it just looks like an updated version of the pre season jumper used from 1998-2003, and i think they could have done alot better

Looks like an updated version of this

Hawthorn-5.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I got a bit of time so i thought id post a couple more of my concept designs.

St Kilda: I decided to model it off their old home jumper from the mid/late 90s and early 00's. I made mainly white, that is the theme for most of the jumpers i have left to post.

Saintsaway.jpg

on the hawthorn post, thats the same thing my mum just said, she is a tigers supporter, and doesnt like it much either. at least they decided to move away from that grey jumper they have used for the last few years.

Next up is Fremantle. Although i like there current jumper for clashes, all white with the purple anchor, this is the direction i thought they should go. This one took me a while to think of, as my creativety is not all that good. I decided to keep the main colors and make all the bottom white. I was going to put a purple stripe under the red and green on the back but not sure if it would look alright or not.

Dockersaway.jpg

artest.jpg

alright...did I comment on Richmond's yet? I forget if I did...anyways, yet another jumper that coulda been better. It worked well the first time (Hawthorn), and I figure if West Coast tried something similar it would go over very well. For Richmond, not so much...for starters, the attempt at tiger stripes doesn't work as well as the wing did for Hawthorn. Shoot, if they wanted tiger stripes they shoulda just made an inversed version of the old preseason jumper, that woulda sufficed without looking like they're trying too hard.

now onto kingroadz' latest...as yall would say down under, I'm not too keen on the Saints jumper. Honestly, though, all I'd suggest is moving up the back crossbar to match up with the front better. this Freo one, I like. then again, I can only name one Freo jumper I don't like, their second road...hell, I tried to make their green jumper myself and had to dumb it down after failing a couple times. heh, I'm still planning on ordering from mero one of these days, but I been having to put it off so much I don't figure I'll do it til the new year. basically, the main problem's best described by a saying we have in Wisconsin: we only have two seasons...winter and construction :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm not sure about that Richmond jumper...would have to go with white shorts i think, and new socks. All of a sudden the Hawks navy golf jumper looks half okay. I think the Saints have pulled the vote from the site, i can't find it anymore. Hopefully they get the hint that they are crap

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard the Saints are also gettin rid of the crest on the jumpers. I very much don't like that. It's our logo- it's there for a reason, so leave it there.

THere'll be member backlash is its true.

1933 that logo was first placed on the jumper.

Why would they want to get rid of it now?

I give it 1 year before they put it back on, if they indeed take it off at all.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Exactly, leave it as is. It's there because of a game we won in 1933 (we won games in the 30's) we beat North with 15 players....

Archie Fraser is :censored:ing up the club.

Actually, a friend of mine is their official historian, and he says that story isn't true.

One of the team recently gave the club a photo taken on the Sunday to commemorate that team, and they were all wearing guernseys with the logo already on them.

And they didn't put them on overnight, so they must have been there that season.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived