Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

You feel like deleting it from your Inbox now?

It's that pdf I'm talking about.

Actually, I did seriously contemplate doing that, just in case the AFL started leaning on you and asking if you'd passed it on to anyone else...

And if it would, so to speak, help put the horse back in the stable, then yes I would delete it.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am helping with the EA Sports AFL 2007 game

Wait lets back up a bit here. EA is making an AFL game. This is the first I've heard of this.

Oh and now I understand your rant on BigFooty Mero :P

Not really. It's actually made by a company called IR Gurus.

I don't actually know why I called it that.

I must have been thinking about explaining it and not actually explained it.

And yes, they accused them and me of looking up the jumpers from their information when actually I took over 4 months of searching to get them all correct.

And IR Gurus are now off the hook with Sony and the AFL.

Yesterday morning they were talking law suits over breach of contract.

That meant I was getting sued too.

Gotham, you're quite right, and that's why there's a stickied thread at the top of this forum.

People pay high prices for what seems like a simple thing.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Although the AFL's actions were based upon principles it seems a little ridiculous to do so over something that we'll all see within the next month or two anyway.

If I am talking about the correct pdf, I'd seen nearly all of the content prior to receiving it by simply browsing forums. We had most of the clash kits on here beforehand so there was hardly anything 'secret' in them.

Didn't reebok have a go at someone for releasing information on the Port clash late last year? I hope for your sake that the AFL drops whatever they have against everyone concerned and that the suppliers don't get involved because it could get really messy.

sig.png

Although the AFL's actions were based upon principles it seems a little ridiculous to do so over something that we'll all see within the next month or two anyway.

If I am talking about the correct pdf, I'd seen nearly all of the content prior to receiving it by simply browsing forums. We had most of the clash kits on here beforehand so there was hardly anything 'secret' in them.

Didn't reebok have a go at someone for releasing information on the Port clash late last year? I hope for your sake that the AFL drops whatever they have against everyone concerned and that the suppliers don't get involved because it could get really messy.

Yes, the Port jumper got out early as well.

From the discussions I had yesterday, it appears their priority was getting their marketing spin on the jumpers. ie tell you what you think about them.

And yes, every other jumper has been discussed and it was onkly the dogs that hadn't been yet.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Clash1.gif

Clash2.gif

the thought just occured to me...the days when jerseys merely had to look good on the field are long gone, now they gotta look good with jeans too. I figure if you can only accomplish one, it's better for it to be the former. if you accomplish only the latter, you get something like Brisbane's new one...as I said before, Bill Barracker's gonna look better in it than Luke Power will. takin a look at the clash jumpers that'll be in use this season, here goes an impromptu rating:

Best of both worlds: Carlton, Collingwood, Freo, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Sydney, WCE, Doggies

-I know I've heard the reason teams here switch to navy is cus it's somehow easier to wear with jeans than royal blue, a notion I've always thought was bull. With all these mugs wearin carolina blue, I fail to see how rockin royal would hurt...but I digress. Half the league has clash jumpers that look equally sharp on Joe Player and Bill Barracker. On the Doggies' new clash, I like it, it's elegant in its simplicity.

Leave it on the oval: Geelong, Essendon

-I don't like the wider sash enough to say it'd look good with anything, to be honest, but don't hate it to the extent that I'd consign it to the radio bin. Geelong, I don't really figure

Made for the streets: Brisbane, Kangaroos

-heh, the Kangas' main problem is that new logo, it coulda been better. I already explained my feelings about Brisbane's.

Guernseys made for radio: Adelaide, Port, Richmond, St. Kilda

-Adelaide's should've stayed in the storage room, to be honest. I hate that thing. Richmond tried to do too much and yet somehow phoned it in anyway, the folks in St. K's marketing department are evidently blind, and Port has (and definitely should have) done better than this garbage.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the thought just occured to me...the days when jerseys merely had to look good on the field are long gone, now they gotta look good with jeans too.

Most Aussies would never wear an Aussie Rules jumper as a piece of casual clothing. Long sleeve versions maaaaaaaybe, but most of us own sleeveless jumpers and they are definitely not a fashion item.

For the interested, there are some shots of Richmond's intra-club match on Getty...

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/search/Se...torialProduct=2

Richmond's preseason jumper vs a white version of same (which I think is far nicer!)

the thought just occured to me...the days when jerseys merely had to look good on the field are long gone, now they gotta look good with jeans too.

Most Aussies would never wear an Aussie Rules jumper as a piece of casual clothing. Long sleeve versions maaaaaaaybe, but most of us own sleeveless jumpers and they are definitely not a fashion item.

And those that would are considered bogans.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

1 jumper. 1 month early. Definitely overkill.

That's not the point.

A little unethical is still unethical.

If he worked for me, and emailed internal documents to his friends for their amusement, I'd fire him too. That might not be all I would do - breach of confidentiality opens the company up to all manner of lawsuits from its clients.

What if EA Sports loses a contract, or fails to gain a future contract, because its clients don't believe their data will be secure?

And those that would are considered bogans.

I would. But then again, it would be more of a conversation piece than anything else. It's like every other obscure jersey out there.

While I was traveling home from Washington, DC last year, I saw a 6-year-old kid wearing a long sleeve Swans jumper. I said, "Hey! Sydney Swans!" as he and his parents passed by on their return from the front of the train (all of them Americans, mind you), and they looked at me, puzzled, asking how on earth I was able to recognize it.

(the answer, of course, is that I'm a dork. But we knew that... :hockeysmiley: )

philly.png

For the interested, there are some shots of Richmond's intra-club match on Getty...

Richmond's preseason jumper vs a white version of same (which I think is far nicer!)

heh, that white jumper looks a lot nicer than that halfcocked concoction they put together as the clash. :censored:, I'd like to know why this wasn't considered for a clash.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

heh, that white jumper looks a lot nicer than that halfcocked concoction they put together as the clash. :censored:, I'd like to know why this wasn't considered for a clash.

Richmond see it as OK to wear whatever to games that don't mean anything, but when thye're playing for real they'll wear Black and Yellow.

I guess like asking Pittsburgh why they wouldn't wear Red, or "Hey Chicago, here's a nice Lime Green jersey, get that on."

You might wear it for training, but it's not their colours.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

From Sunday's Hun (apparently. Can't find the article online, this is a transcript.)

Probe on leak of new guernsey

Dogs' strip search

Police are likely to be called in to investigate the alleged leaking of information from the AFL.

The AFL is believed to be waging a top-secret internal investigation into the leaking of the highly sensitive proposed alternative playing strip for the Western Bulldogs.

This column saw the outlandish-looking new guernsey this week on the Bigfooty.com.au website.

But when we went to check on Thursday morning it had been removed.

Bulldogs chief executive Campbell Rose remained tight-lipped, but a source close to the club confirmed the confidential player's strip had been leaked after it was sent to the AFL.

"They are livid and they are planning to call in the police," according to our source.

"It's the Bulldogs' intellectual property and they consider it theft.

"They want to know how this has been leaked and by whom."

There may have been multiple breaches as it also turned up in the offices of several commercial partners.

"They want to see heads to roll."

The AFL is believed to have told senior club officials it has launched a full internal investigation.

The Bulldogs has a clear protocol that results in the immediate sacking of any worker found to be leaking information and it wants the AFL to demonstrate the same.

The Western Bulldogs plan to launch the new strip - the first significant change since David Smorgon and Trever Flett rebranded Footscray in 1997 - with much hullabaloo on the eve of their first outing this season.

An AFL spokesman said yesterday he was unaware of any investigation into the leaking of information.

All I have to say is... outlandish???

From Sunday's Hun (apparently. Can't find the article online, this is a transcript.)

Probe on leak of new guernsey

Dogs' strip search

Police are likely to be called in to investigate the alleged leaking of information from the AFL.

The AFL is believed to be waging a top-secret internal investigation into the leaking of the highly sensitive proposed alternative playing strip for the Western Bulldogs.

This column saw the outlandish-looking new guernsey this week on the Bigfooty.com.au website.

But when we went to check on Thursday morning it had been removed.

Bulldogs chief executive Campbell Rose remained tight-lipped, but a source close to the club confirmed the confidential player's strip had been leaked after it was sent to the AFL.

"They are livid and they are planning to call in the police," according to our source.

"It's the Bulldogs' intellectual property and they consider it theft.

"They want to know how this has been leaked and by whom."

There may have been multiple breaches as it also turned up in the offices of several commercial partners.

"They want to see heads to roll."

The AFL is believed to have told senior club officials it has launched a full internal investigation.

The Bulldogs has a clear protocol that results in the immediate sacking of any worker found to be leaking information and it wants the AFL to demonstrate the same.

The Western Bulldogs plan to launch the new strip - the first significant change since David Smorgon and Trever Flett rebranded Footscray in 1997 - with much hullabaloo on the eve of their first outing this season.

An AFL spokesman said yesterday he was unaware of any investigation into the leaking of information.

All I have to say is... outlandish???

Yeah, I read that in the paper.

And that's all I am going to say about that.

However, here is my version of the Lions Clash jumper, on Gazzza's excellent template.

Thanks to those who helped out with some of the tracing, they know who they are.

And a big thanks to the AFL Shop at Knox City for stocking these pieces of trash, and allowing me to photograph them close enough to enable people to trace them.

Brisbane-2007-Clash.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Vodafone sponsor on the back of Ports jumper this year will be different to last year. The word Vodafone font will still be a white text but it wont have that big red block around it which sort of looked stupid on the back of our jumper. They've also added the logo which blends in reasonably well with the jumper despite there still being a little bit of red on it. Not sure about the front of the jumper.

Sorry I can directly link the image so just click the link to Planet Teal.

http://yourphotos.planetteal.com.au/details.php?image_id=307

However, here is my version of the Lions Clash jumper, on Gazzza's excellent template.

Thanks to those who helped out with some of the tracing, they know who they are.

And a big thanks to the AFL Shop at Knox City for stocking these pieces of trash, and allowing me to photograph them close enough to enable people to trace them.

Brisbane-2007-Clash.gif

The more detailed the version of this jumper I see the less and less I like it.

Is that meant to be a series of scratchmarks or jungle camouflage in the watermark?

liverpool-1.png

Archived