Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Hurricanes logo.

I have one more 'Canes logo for y'all to look at.

I've always liked that Hurricanes alternate logo, but the one thing I don't like about it is that it depicts a tropical storm flag (one red and black box) as opposed to the hurricane flag (which is two red and black boxes). I flipped the hockey stick, I thought the flags fit better that way, and I turned the triangle in the background to silver.

HurricanesLogocomparison.png

So what do you guys think? Yea or nay on the new alternate logo?

Thanks again for the feedback fellas.

Although I like everything else that you've done here (especially the changes to the 'Canes primary), I've gotta say nay to this one.

The single bold flag is just more visually appealing than the 2 smaller flags (KIS)

It's a coin toss as to whether the stick looks better flipped. I think that the arc of the stick in the original is more dynamic.

The actual meaning of 1 flag vs. 2 flags is secondary, IMO, to the "look".

I like the 1 flag better.

I disagree... Phantom shoulder yoke is its own design element and should stay (less common than normal yoke - offhand I think the Wild is the only one using it, although similar to Blue Jackets' sleeves). The two-flag logo is nice, but I think the triangle is too low. Raise it a bit and it will not crowd the blade of the stick so much

• 1 month later...

that sucks. hopefully this will be up soon.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Hurricanes logo.

I have one more 'Canes logo for y'all to look at.

I've always liked that Hurricanes alternate logo, but the one thing I don't like about it is that it depicts a tropical storm flag (one red and black box) as opposed to the hurricane flag (which is two red and black boxes). I flipped the hockey stick, I thought the flags fit better that way, and I turned the triangle in the background to silver.

HurricanesLogocomparison.png

So what do you guys think? Yea or nay on the new alternate logo?

Thanks again for the feedback fellas.

I assumed it was implied that the second square was torn off.

• 1 month later...

Alrighty, it's about time I updated this. This time it's the Chicago Blackhawks. Now there's really not much to change with these guys, Original 6 teams are always harder to change. But the one thing I did change was add some beige to the logo instead of the random assortment of colors in the feathers, I never really liked that I thought that with the beige it adds a little bit more uniformity to it. I took the alternate logo shoulderpatch from the motherboard and copied colors off of that. The third jersey is essentially the same as the Winter Classic one from a couple years back, only with the current logo in the roundel, thus just creating a "third jersey" and not a "fauxback", the numbers are a little different too, no outlines.

So, here are the logos

Primary|Alternate|Shoulder

And here's the set

BlackhawksSet-1.png

Tell me what you think! Thanks for viewing!

Not a big change, but I like it (especially the logos). I would suggest to make the outline on the numbers for the third white as opposed to tan to make them pop more.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Cool, thanks for the C&C.

Not really a bump, I know it's only been a short while, but I'm just posting to say that I'm going a little out of order now, simply because I have some good ideas for some teams. I'm going to skip Colorado and Columbus and go straight onto Dallas. Be prepared for the rebirth of Mooterus! Except way more improved, IMO :P

Can't wait for the Mooterus.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Okay, as promised, I'd like to present to you, Mooterus 2.0!

There are a couple different ones with the only change being the star on the forehead, I wasn't sure if it looked good or not. I feel like this logo's on the right track, but then again I sort of feel like it doesn't tie into the name "Stars", it doesn't really look like the Taurus constellation all that much, which is sorta what the original logo was going for. I would really appreciate some C&C on this one. I feel like I'm really close, just not quite there yet.

Mooterus3.pngMooterus.pngMooterus2.png

EDIT: My girlfriend wanted me to give her credit for the idea of flipping the horns upright :P

I am happy to see revamp of the Mooterus as it was a very clever idea executed poorly. Flipping the horns was a good decision but I can't help but miss the lines that connect the stars. Without them, it's not really constellation anymore. Also one of the biggest flaws of the original logo (the green facial features of the bull) is not addressed. The green area around the eyes looks silly and the green area of the snout is far too thin. One thing I think you really nailed though was the use of the Star from the primary logo. It was odd seeing it off to the side on the original but on the forehead, it really pops. Particularly on the last iteration.

If I sound too critical it's because I think you're really onto something and with a few tweaks you could make this previously laughable logo into something great. Will this be featured on any jerseys?

Archived