Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the positive feedback fellas! I'm gonna start on Pittsburgh soon and then I'll backtrack and take some of the C&C on my previous concepts and update them as well.

Stay tuned, and keep the feedback coming!

Okay, so I've always thought that the Penguins were a team deserving of having powder blue in their color scheme and I thought, well, powder blue and athletic gold works for the Chargers, why not the Pens? Here's the tweaked Robo-Penguin.

C&C?

***See below for original logo ideas***

It's pretty good, but I think that it would be a good idea to maybe make the shade of blue lighter, or more of an icy blue. That way it would fit better with the black and yellow.

After careful consideration, I've decided to scrap the black altogether. That's right folks, get yer pitchforks ready :P

Here's a preview of the logo:

***See below for original logo ideas***

Jerseys will be up soon.

Agreed, the navy penguin really does look great! Ignoring history and tradition and all that, and just judging the logo and color scheme in a vacuum, on its own merit, the navy/ice-blue/yellow looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see the jerseys that the logo will be going on.

PensPrimary20-3.png

Jerseys will be up soon.

Not usually a fan of the whole double blue thing but this looks great! Though I can't help but miss the three white lines representing the 3 rivers.

[logo]

Jerseys will be up soon.

Not usually a fan of the whole double blue thing but this looks great! Though I can't help but miss the three white lines representing the 3 rivers.

Is that what they were for? I thought that they were just some random design that, in my ignorance, had no purpose. Should I put 'em back then?

Also, if I do put them back, should they remain white or do you think I could get away with coloring them "ice blue", as I like to call it?

The navy ruins it and makes it too generic, IMO, plus I doubt Pittsburgh fans would take too well to the Penguins rocking the Chargers' color scheme... I actually liked the black/yellow/powder blue thing you had going on.

I did think of that but then I came to the conclusion that the Chargers are in the NFL and on the West coast, the Penguins are in the NHL and on the East coast. That's kinda like comparing the Oakland A's color scheme with the Green Bay Packers.

I do see your point though, three colors being similar vs. two colors being similar is a bigger margin, but hey. It's all for fun, it's not like the Pens are gonna roll these out next season and besides, they did wear navy, light blue, and yellow/gold at one point in their history so it's not a total stretch. :P

The Pittsburgh Penguins are finally finished!

What I Did: First things first, the color scheme. The Penguins debuted in 1967 sporting a simple color scheme of dark blue, light blue, and white before adding gold to their uniforms a year later with the famous skating penguin logo. I went to combine all eras with this concept, going back to the two-toned blue and nixing black altogether. I went back to the infamous "Robo-Penguin" logo (with a few minor alterations to it and the colors [the dark blue is slightly more navy and the light blue is brighter, now what I call "ice blue]). You'll notice on the home and away the sleeve patch that I drew up real quick; all it is is the 'P' from the Penguins script that they used from 1988-92 on a yellow triangle (similar to the skating penguin logo). The alternate is the clubs Winter Classic uniform from a couple years ago with a combination of the two skating penguin roundel logos. I used the font from the 1967 with the basic template of the one used from 1968-71 with the modern day skating penguin logo. On the shoulders you'll notice the primary logo from the home and away. So, without further ado, I present, the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Have at it folks :P

PenguinsLogoSet.png

PenguinsUniformSet-1.png

ORIGINAL LOGO IDEAS

Original

First Update

Second Update

Thanks for the quick feedback.

And I know that Penguins are black, but hey, it's just a sports team, ya know? Lions, Bears, and Rams aren't blue either, but Detroit, Chicago, and St. Louis chose to use blue animals for their logos :P

If this turns out to be a total misfire and everyone hates it, I'll consider switching back to black. I do however want to keep the ice blue in the concept for sure. :D

Archived