Bear logo concept

JJSCOTT

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and another round of tweaking... kinda tried to take everything and mix them together.

aa462fa3.jpgaa4d0888.jpg

That light orange still isn't working for me. Especially since it isn't incorporated anywhere else.

To each his own; I think the light orange is needed and makes the bear look more realistic. Maybe if it filled in the whole snout, it would look even better.

I am completely not seeing the dog ear... What is giving it that look and what can I do that would change it in your mind?

I think I am nearing callin it finished and moving onto another one. Anything else to change or rework at all?

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I'm not sure what it is exactly, and it may not just be the ear.

1c755876.jpgaa4d0888.jpg

The first image is clearly a bear. Very strong, immediately noticeable.

The second image, the more that I looked at it, the more it starts looking like a mountain dog.

I think the first image is close to perfect, just fill in the inside of the mouth with navy, replace the light orange with the other orange, and thicken the stroke around the teeth, like in the other one, and I think it's a winner.

Sorry if I am being difficult. Just one guy's opinion. You certainly don't have to take my suggestions. Both are incredible logos, and you are very skilled.

I am completely not seeing the dog ear... What is giving it that look and what can I do that would change it in your mind?

I think I am nearing callin it finished and moving onto another one. Anything else to change or rework at all?

I love it! I will admit(not sure if this is a positive or negative comment yet) I find myself wanting to see more of the head (around the other side of the head a bit). Not sure if it would take away from the logo or not if the bear was facing out towards me a little more.

Great Job though! :)

like those colors too but that blob of color on the side of the snout dosent do anything for it. its a distraction, because that color isnt carried through anywhere else, so you eye focuses on that spot. it dosent look anything like highlights or fur, just a blob of color making it all worse.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

If the lighter orange or tan were used as the outline, instead of white, I think that might help the issue.

Oh i like that suggestion! I will try that out and see how it looks. This right here is the reason why I like this site... something so simple and small but something that all the time I have been staring at it didn't think of.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

If you are going to keep the colour part around the nose then the latest brown version is the best. The whole thing kind of blends together well. But I quiet like colours of the yellow outline one (3rd) but yellow around the nose is a little distracting.

thanks. i may go back and play with the ear a bit more. the baylor color scheme may be my favorite of these which is kinda funny cause green is my least favorite color ever! haha

Haha, I know what you mean... too bad they'll be quaking in their boots at the sight of Mr. McBeary... err, McGary.

This is awesome! Really great job, I actually like it in the brown or more natural color scheme. Awesome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

took the idea for the 3rd color as outline... i really like it so gonna move on from this logo. also for fun threw a couple other teams color schemes on there that use the bears as a mascot.

3cfe1b82.jpg8c3365d0.jpg

d0f840b5.jpga194dce5.jpg

I think this is it! The lighter color stroke helps unify the use of the color, and using it in the inner ear helps signify that area better.

Beautiful.

Archived