Throwback Uniform vs. Regular Season Uniform

The Imperfect

Do these kind of match-ups piss anyone else off? Here I am, 3:43 ET, and ESPN is replaying St. Louis vs. Milwaukee. I saw the Cardinals reppin' their '82 set in honor of their World Series championship team, which is really cool of course, but then there's Milwaukee, one of the teams most notable for wearing their throwback uniforms, and they're just wearing their plain ole' navy road uniforms...

I mean, what's up with that! Is Milwaukee not celebrating cause they lost the Series? Or do they just wanna look like jack-asses on national television? I mean come on! I hate when these kind of match-ups happen, just looks silly to me!

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I thought the Brewers were supposed to be wearing throwbacks too?

It does bug me when one team wears throwbacks and the other team just wears their regular uni, or even if 2 teams play each other whilst wearing throwbacks from different eras. Just seems lazy to me...

How do these throwbacks games work? Since this throwback game is part of the Cards' celebration, then do the Cards provide the funds to the Brewers to also wear throwbacks? If that's the case, then the Cards are to blame for this.

And also, since they only gave the Brewers one set to wear, there was no way they could have worn it on Sunday.

Go A's!

How do these throwbacks games work? Since this throwback game is part of the Cards' celebration, then do the Cards provide the funds to the Brewers to also wear throwbacks? If that's the case, then the Cards are to blame for this.

And also, since they only gave the Brewers one set to wear, there was no way they could have worn it on Sunday.

Home teams pay for the uniforms, but if the Brewers declined to participate, then it doesn't make one bit of difference. There is no rule saying that the road team HAS to participate.

And it doesn't matter if the Cards only gave the Brewers one set to wear. They could have chosen to wear them again Sunday. I'm almost 100% certain there is a washing machine available for the road team to use at Busch Stadium.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Home teams pay for the uniforms, but if the Brewers declined to participate, then it doesn't make one bit of difference. There is no rule saying that the road team HAS to participate.

And it doesn't matter if the Cards only gave the Brewers one set to wear. They could have chosen to wear them again Sunday. I'm almost 100% certain there is a washing machine available for the road team to use at Busch Stadium.

Brewers couldn't wear the set on Sunday because they were powder blue, not because they were dirty.

Go A's!

Do these kind of match-ups piss anyone else off? Here I am, 3:43 ET, and ESPN is replaying St. Louis vs. Milwaukee. I saw the Cardinals reppin' their '82 set in honor of their World Series championship team, which is really cool of course, but then there's Milwaukee, one of the teams most notable for wearing their throwback uniforms, and they're just wearing their plain ole' navy road uniforms...

I mean, what's up with that! Is Milwaukee not celebrating cause they lost the Series? Or do they just wanna look like jack-asses on national television? I mean come on! I hate when these kind of match-ups happen, just looks silly to me!

I would not "blame" Milwaukee for this.

On the first day, the Cards wore their white throwbacks and Milwaukee wore their powder blues. (Though they should have worn yellow-paneled hats; I think they were wearing those on the road in 1982, anyway). So they lazily just brought their Friday caps with for the day. Same with the helmets, which I thing should have been white-paneled.

But on the second day, the Cards wore power blues. I guess that makes some sense if they really wanted to remind their home fans of that uniform. But Milwaukee would have had to either wear theirs again, which would have left us with powder blue vs. powder blue or they'd have had to wear their home throwbacks on the road in St. L, which I think would have been silly. If St. L really needed to do this with the powder blues, then I'd say the Brewers did the right thing and I cannot accuse them of sour grapes over losing that series.

Overall, I can live with the fact that sometimes only one team is throwing back. That bothers me much less than inaccurate throwback designs, not using a throwback batting helmet, etc. So I'd have more complaints about the Brewers on Day 1 than on day 2.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Brewers couldn't wear the set on Sunday because they were powder blue, not because they were dirty.

There have been 2-3 instances this year of teams blowing off the clash-color jersey rule, so I am glad to see MIL not wear them again.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

There have been 2-3 instances this year of teams blowing off the clash-color jersey rule, so I am glad to see MIL not wear them again.

That was the point I was making. Can't have two teams wearing the exact same color go against each other. It will cause lots of confusion

Go A's!

I would like the NFL to turn Thanksgiving weekend into a full on throwback weekend. And that is the ONLY week you are required and allowed to wear the throwbacks.

ill co-sign on that as well

dosent really bother me to see a throwback vs a current but it is a lot better experience to see the 2 teams match. at least somewhat

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I would like the NFL to turn Thanksgiving weekend into a full on throwback weekend. And that is the ONLY week you are required and allowed to wear the throwbacks.

What if say a team like the Panthers or Texans play on Thanksgiving?

fauxback!

Panthers logo changed for this season, so, they still can. And the Texans can wear an alternate. I wasn't talking about just Thanksgiving day, but the whole weekend.

iq5b7nF.png

If you think the Brewers organization would purposefully pass up a chance to remind its fans of that one time they made it to the fall classic, then you clearly don't know the Brewers organization :P

I just don't see why it would've been so hard to communicate to where the Brewers could've just brought their throwback alts to STL with them.

Blowing off clash rules for alternate jerseys is one thing (and it's a bad thing), but there was no way in hell you would see both teams take the field in powder blue jerseys and pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Blowing off clash rules for alternate jerseys is one thing (and it's a bad thing), but there was no way in hell you would see both teams take the field in powder blue jerseys and pants.

Exactly what I was thinking ^

Archived