Ripball Concepts *12/23 Minnesota Blue Oxen* ALL TEAMS DONE!

BlackBolt3

Ive been thinking about a new sport for a while now, and I came up with this...RipballPre_zps32208f02.jpgIntroducing Ripball to the CCSLC world. It consists of 10 players a team, trying to score in a designated score zone. The game starts by the team who chooses to throw first at the coin toss will throw it to the other team from one of the dashed lines. Once a player has the ball he cannot move, but all others can. If the ball is dropped, or it is intercepted. It is the other team's ball form the point of impact. Teams must get the ball within half court 30 seconds after first touch. You score 1 point for every goal past half court, 2 from behind half court, and 3 for scores behind the dashed line furthest form your score zone. It is played on a basketball court sized floor. Here is a sample.SampleRipballCourt_zpsc6ee52d2.jpgI will have 6 divisions that have 5 teams in each. Here are the teams and divisions:

Teams in bold have been completed

East Division:New York Montreal Philadelphia Boston Washington DC

Southeast Division:Atlanta Charlotte Florida Louisville Nashville

Great Lakes Division:Chicago Detroit Cleveland Indianapolis Toronto

Midwest Division:Denver St Louis Kansas City Minnesota Milwaukee

Southwest Division:Houston Dallas Las Vegas Arizona New Orleans

West Division:Los Angeles San Fransisco Portland Seattle Vancouver

Enjoy!

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! It would be nice to see this develop into a yakball-like thing with a sort of cult following here. The concept is great as well, always cool to see the Chicago flag incorporated into a concept like this.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

A few thoughts:

-So this sport is essentially like netball, except you score like in football? I would like to know more rules to this game.

-The flag of Chicago has 4 stars. Is there any reason why you chose to display 5 stars instead of 4?

-The lines crossing the ball on the league logo doesn't look like they are curved correctly.

I like this idea of a sport. Good job.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I love this. It really speaks to the creativity of the people here. Inventing whole new sports and the design that goes with them? Incredible!

Props of course, to Mike for getting the movement going with Yakball. Props to you as well for keeping it going with Ripball.

I really like what you've done so far, it looks great.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Thanks for the early praise guys. I do have to give raysox major props for the inspiration for this league. I'll also go more in depth as time goes on for the rules of Ripball, because I'm still working out some kinks. They will show up in the first post.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Updated first post with some more rules. I'm open to any suggestions for rules, team names, etc.

ElTeduardo: The type of jerseys are determined by color of sleeves, so as long as the sleeves aren't white, it is dictated as a color set.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I head out west for Rose City RC. This concept has been a figment of my imagination for a while now, so I went throughout with this. I knew that red was going to be a major part of the look, so why not make double reds? Enjoy.

RoseCityRCPre1_zpsc06e7f9a.jpg

RoseCityRCPre2_zps15b79b08.jpg

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Question: How did you determine the cities?

Philadelphia - Liberty City as a theme could work, especially if you're willing to do more like "Rose City"

Boston - bring back the Beaneaters!

Washington DC - Commanders (ties in with the Pentagon)

Florida - Scourge (as in scourge of the seas)

Minnesota - Trappers

Milwaukee - Robins (state bird, plus lends to a brown and red color scheme which could work well)

Houston - Stars (Dual tie in with the space program and the fact that Texas is the Lone Star State)

Dallas - Tycoons (brings things away from the typical wild west theme)

Denver - I'd actually go with something like "Mile High RC"

St Louis - Explorers

Kansas City - I've always wanted to do something related to BBQ, like "Pit Bosses", but it's too awkward for me to work off

Arizona - Cacti... because an angry cactus would rule :P

San Fransisco - Gatekeepers/Guardians (with the Golden Gate Bridge as the key)

Seattle - I love the name "Emerald City", but with the use of "Rose City" for Portland, I think it's too much for the area... so I got nothing

Las Vegas - Sharks (more for Card/Pool sharks)

So a few ideas off the top of my head

Archived