Updating the Chicago Wolves Logo

MrWonka

I saw a couple of comments when going through AHL logo that talked about the Chicago Wolves logo needing an update. Instead of completely giving them a rebrand I decided to just update the logo. Improvement?

Concepts for the jerseys will be coming soon! Just wanted to share the logo first.

This is it side by side with the original I used

fp5z52.jpg

Here is the logo on it's own. Sorry for the images being large. (Keep in mind the colors are a bit off, had trouble saving in PS) Thoughts?

24pmctj.jpg

I like it. Chicago has one of the better logos and uniforms in the AHL. This would clean up their current look.

Agreed, reason why I probably won't be changing much up !

I was just driving through Rosemont the other day and saw a Wolves billboard and couldn't get over how bad their logo looked. Your update would be a breath of fresh air!

Yeah, I think there logo was fine if you think mid 90's early 2000's but I think it's time to freshen it up!

Nice update, cleaned it up without changing too much. I like it!

...The god of updating has spoken! :o Haha, thank you!

It is an update but Im not sure it is a huge enough improvement. There are still a lot of strokes of light and shadow that seemed to be placed anywhere with no rhyme or reason. If you tame some of the wild strokes, it would make this more smooth and be a nice update which the Wolves definitely need.

Have ypu considered keeping the puck and stick? I always found the oddly placed puck and stick the thing that makes this wolves logo separate from others in its own quirky way.

It is an update but Im not sure it is a huge enough improvement. There are still a lot of strokes of light and shadow that seemed to be placed anywhere with no rhyme or reason. If you tame some of the wild strokes, it would make this more smooth and be a nice update which the Wolves definitely need.

Have ypu considered keeping the puck and stick? I always found the oddly placed puck and stick the thing that makes this wolves logo separate from others in its own quirky way.

I do agree with what you're saying. At the same time though their original logo seems like it has a lot of unnecessary and confusing lights and shadows. I tried to keep some areas the same while at the same time losing most of it to not change a near great logo. I hope that makes sense.

I'm currently trying to make the sides of the wolf more symmetrical so that the center of the face is the center of the logo.

And I've totally considered keeping the puck and stick. I'll probably just do a quick update of those.

Great update, but I think you should shorten some of the "points" of hair, especially on the sides of the head.

Agreed. That's the one thing that really sticks out to me. The fur on the side of the head can definitely be shortened.

gYH2mW9.png

Definite improvement. I think it would look better if you simplified it more by reducing the amounts of points in the shading, as others have said. because of the amount and style of shading it still looks clipart-y. I also think the teeth would look better if you defined the incisors more, instead of just making them lines between the canines. IMO, the nose area is the best as far as how you've simplified it. I'd put a bit more work into the wrinkles on the top of the muzzle though.

Really dig it man. I really enjoy the new update with the less pointed highlight above the left eye! Line work is super clean!

My only critiques would beon the left side right below the ear, one of the fur tufts waves out a bit to much, it just draws my attention. and i would work on somehow getting the black above the nose to flow a bit better, it just kinda awkwardly cuts off. Incredible update though man!

Update #3: Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm probably thinking about doing one more depending on the thoughts of the latest version. Will be doing the stick in puck in the background for the last update on the logo. Maybe we can hold a nice poll when the time comes to see if the stick and puck should be kept on the jerseys.

rkx76g.jpg

Archived