dgnmrwrw

Love this series. I feel like the notches you made on the New Jersey logo make it look more like NY instead of NJ. This could just be a knock on New Jersey in general. Also not feeling the Rangers set. Think the red outline on the word mark is to thick.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, great logos! Inspired me to create an account after just reading these boards for a while now. They all look so... professional.

I was looking at some of your other work, do you still have the ones from this topic?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/75029-nhl-defunct-franchise-redesigns/

I realize some of the teams are the same but was super excited to see what you cooked up for some of the "oldies but goodies" adn was saddened to see empty links! Would love to see what you did with these guys.

In any event, I'll be eagerly checking back. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

wuLZ7BU.png

Borrowed name here, and I think it fits Norfolk more appropriately than Milwaukee. Colors are Navy and gold. (Side note: the gold color displayed on the uniforms is a "metallic" fabric, sort of like the one the Hurricanes used to use, with flecks of metallic fabric running through the base color.)

The home and road uniforms are loosely based on a US Admiral's dress uniform. The alternate uniform is much simpler, and features the secondary logo, with concentric stars set inside a circle over crossed hockey sticks, which sort of form crosshairs.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

mJkp5xk.png

Cr682td.png

GCvfvYt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

zLoLKGz.png

Colors are black and wine, with touches of gold. I've adapted what I consider to be one of the most underappreciated and underused NHL logos for the primary. The primary uniforms are sort of throwback inspired, with repeating white (or black) and wine striping throughout.

The secondary logo is essentially one I developed for another project, but I think it works very well here as a different take on the Senator; and the alternate uniform is wine colored, with a lot more gold.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

JzrBMPb.png

VjpyVm2.png

17IuOQf.png

AAObq3o.png

A slightly edited primary logo and colors. The home and road uniforms are also throwback inspired. (I always loved the look of the yellow sleeves, and I think it provides a unique look that can be repeated on the home and road jerseys.) The shoulder logo is an updated city crest, which I unfortunately don't have a higher-res version of.

The alternate jersey is a mixture of eras, combining the descending PITTSBURGH wordmark with the Pens' very early, multiple striped jerseys and the gold (yellow) jersey base color.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

ANdCEi4.png

o6Vzalj.png

mm4Vnjg.png

3Bscgcr.png

This one is quirky. Colors are rose, black, and steel gray. The saw blade motif is prominently repeated throughout the identity, and on the uniforms it creates a pattern that also (hopefully) evokes trees. The home and road uniforms are unbalanced on the sleeves, with the right sleeve black. I always loved the look of the Thrashers' unbalanced unis, and I really like the way it's been used for Team Canada in the current Olympics. So that's a personal choice that I hope has a few fans.

The alternate jersey is simpler, but includes a descending wordmark and a number set inside a sawblade on the front of the uniform.

Wordmark

O8nKDo9.png

wmfk1NS.png

ejXgJoK.png

Norfolk- Amazing, just maybe some more gold in the arms of the alternate

Ottawa- Nice too, but I don't think the wine color contrasts with the black enough, try a lighter color for that

Philly- Needs the black cuffs, or maybe a black outline on the yoke

Pittsburgh- I really wish you added athletic gold instead of vegas gold, if you did the alternate would be a beauty!

Portland- I'm indifferent on it, especially the pant striping. Too bad I don't really like asymmetrical jerseys anyway

Jake88%2BSignture.png

WE WANT THE TEMPLATE! Come on guys, join in! WE WANT THE TEMPLATE!

I'm really half and half on the Portland jersey. It's very unique, but the one thing I'm not sold on is the actual saw striping. Maybe it's the colors, maybe it's the zig zag that I'm not used to. I see that the saws are even with each other. For example, the points are aligned. I think if you had the two colors not centered, it could give a better look.

ok, im not artist at all, only a critic, but i have a ridiculous idea. The Norfolk Admirals is a great idea, great look, and the usual high standard of all your concepts. Would it be too hard to incorporate the "shape" of the state of virginia into the bottom the logo, replacing the "s-like swoop" ??? I dunno that might not even be possible, but I always have liked those types of subtle homage to cities/states, like the Panthers NFL logo for example which is basically the outline of the state of South Carolina.

Ottawa's logo is better than the current for sure, and even better than the original relaunch logo, the uni's are WAY better than current.

Philly - like you said its only slight tweaks, but I might like to see less black in the 3rd, maybe.

Pitt- again subtle changes, look great!

Portland is fantastic! Love the concept, the colors, the sawblade theme, and the chevron, its all top shelf like all of the work presented here!

also!!! St. Louis is coming soon!

That Ottawa secondary logo...

Meant to mention this! That logo is a recycle; from the Norfolk Dominion of my CIBL series. The irony is that it was originally done for a Senators concept that never saw the light of day, then was used for the Dominion concept, then made its way back here.

Archived