Madden 26 - Omaha Thunder Concept

derschwigg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey again! I'm revamping an idea I had for The Clink Room into a Madden idea. Here's the Omaha Thunder!

gOsFjJl.jpg

I really like the look of this logo set. It's fresh but still says NFL (instead of Arena football or College as some concepts do). My only note would be that--and this may be hard to avoid, because how many ways can one render an ungulate?--the contour of the bull's neck really reminds me of Denver's Bronco.

9ebzja2zfeigaziee8y605aqp.gif

Perhaps there would be some way to lightning-ize the bull's neck to differentiate it?

Keep up the god work. I love what you do here on the boards.

Hey again! I'm revamping an idea I had for The Clink Room into a Madden idea. Here's the Omaha Thunder!

gOsFjJl.jpg

I really like the look of this logo set. It's fresh but still says NFL (instead of Arena football or College as some concepts do). My only note would be that--and this may be hard to avoid, because how many ways can one render an ungulate?--the contour of the bull's neck really reminds me of Denver's Bronco.

9ebzja2zfeigaziee8y605aqp.gif

Perhaps there would be some way to lightning-ize the bull's neck to differentiate it?

Keep up the god work. I love what you do here on the boards.

I never realized how Broncos-y that ungulate is, but I think adding more lightning bits to the neck would make it too abstract if that makes sense.

Thanks for the kind words!!

If you are making the helmet blue you should put the OT logo on the helmet

Ok but why?

My plan was to drop the OT on the shoulders and echo the bolt down the pant leg.

Good idea! You should put the bull on the helmet, my point is I don't like the horn, it leaves to much empty helmet

npo_logo.png

Very clean looking logos, really like the colors you used. My only problem is that the team name is Thunder, and you are using a lightning bolt predominately in your concept. Maybe focus more on the bull/ bison thing you have going on.

You do realize that almost every team called the Thunder uses a lightning bolt? The reason, how are you going to make a logo over a sound.

Might want to check again.... OKC, Portland? I think the Trenton Thunder do use a lightning bolt, but cant think of any others really.

Both helmets look real sharp.

DLWatt.png

Very clean looking logos, really like the colors you used. My only problem is that the team name is Thunder, and you are using a lightning bolt predominately in your concept. Maybe focus more on the bull/ bison thing you have going on.

You do realize that almost every team called the Thunder uses a lightning bolt? The reason, how are you going to make a logo over a sound.

Might want to check again.... OKC, Portland? I think the Trenton Thunder do use a lightning bolt, but cant think of any others really.

Both helmets look real sharp.

You could argue that the white/blue outlined in the Portland logo is lightning - also, a google image search for them pulls a player backlit by lightning. Oklahoma City's logo almost shouldn't count. :P

Thanks for the kind words!

Love the logos. but I'm just not feeling the royal blue helmets when you only use navy on the logos.

It'll all make sense when you see the unis.

Really sharp. The lack of a mouth on the bull really isn't bothering me at all, though it might be worth exploring some shadows to mitigate that issue like jaha mentioned. My biggest critique would actually be the wordmark. Not sold on the typeface you used for 'THUNDER'. It feels a bit ornate for the rest of the package to me.

Let's see how many of these you can get into the game! Haha.

I like the darker helmet, but I like the one with the horns better. This one reminds me of a Broncos concept without stripes. What if you combine the horn helmet with the navy helmet?

I also like the uniforms, but why no white jerseys? Just think it's kind of odd not seeing one. Overall it's a nice package, but the horn helmet may be your best bet, whether it's a primary helmet or an alternate (if Madden will allow for multiple helmets)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Guest darkpiranha

I like the brighter blue, personally. I realize that blue isn't in the logo, but it's represented elsewhere on the jersey. What if you added a bright blue nose ring in the shape of the Omaha O in your secondary, and then made the secondary O the bright blue.

Really like the darker helmet, but like mrnascar said, would like to see one with just the horns as well.

Overall, i think your uniforms look great, the lighter blue on the shoulders kinda throw me off a bit, maybe try white there, or even the gold?

DLWatt.png

Archived