Atlanta Hawks changes for 2014-15

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like they'll stick with the current colors, otherwise they would've switched by now. In their minds, red and yellow together probably aren't popular with the 'hip Atlanta youth'.

lol that term sounds so lame but I'm standing by it

I say just go with red and white.

I think red, white and yellow is the way to go. I wouldn't mind a bit of black either but I prefer without. They switched to that in '72, and kept it in some variation until '07 when they went to the current generic garbage. That's 35 years. And really every set they had in those colors looked good (except the giant chest Hawk), even when they added black.

I just want to put it out there that I absolutely love their primary logo. Yes, it's a bit cliche and blah blah, but what more do you need for a basketball team named the Hawks, than an aggressive looking Hawk clutching a basketball?

sig.png

I just want to put it out there that I absolutely love their primary logo. Yes, it's a bit cliche and blah blah, but what more do you need for a basketball team named the Hawks, than an aggressive looking Hawk clutching a basketball?

An aggressive-looking Hawk clutching a basketball... while wearing a uniform!

5662.gif

I still picture the Hawks in red/yellow/black and get confused when I see them in navy blue. It's a powerful color scheme, very eye-catching when done right. I can't get behind just plain red and white. I don't like the Rockets in it (I'd rather see them in red and yellow-orange).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That is pretty bad ass. But they'd probably try to put him in a sleeved uniform and that would just be silly because there's no way his wings would fit.

The NBA actually made a slight update to him for the All-Star Game in '03:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/980/full/u8fou7fbtbgewv7unwgxxq7my.gif

You'd have to take away the kneepads, but I don't think you'd have to do much else.

Archived