Atlanta Hawks changes for 2014-15

HedleyLamarr

Out of all the logos drawn up on these boards, out of all the great concepts I am sure a lot of people would do on here for a new Atlanta Hawks secondary logo, and this is the final result. Updating a terrible logo to something far more terrible. Is this a joke? I wouldn't be accepting of this logo for my high school team.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of all the logos drawn up on these boards, out of all the great concepts I am sure a lot of people would do on here for a new Atlanta Hawks secondary logo, and this is the final result. Updating a terrible logo to something far more terrible. Is this a joke? I wouldn't be accepting of this logo for my high school team.

Oh no, you just started a war.

I never saw the Pac Man, it always looked like a Hawk head to me.

Interestingly though - if you mirror it and the hawk faces left, then I do see Pacman! I tend to see whichever one is facing right.

Count me in as someone who isn't as keen on the old and new Pac-Man logo as some others here.

But it's endearment to the Hawks fanbase makes it something worth going back to and try to adapt to current times. They can't all end up like the Toronto Blue Jays, you know.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Count me in as someone who isn't as keen on the old and new Pac-Man logo as some others here.

But it's endearment to the Hawks fanbase makes it something worth going back to and try to adapt to current times. They can't all end up like the Toronto Blue Jays, you know.

I think it's a lot better than the leaked one at least.

I think it's too minor an update, the detail on the neck is all that really stands out as different. Might as well have brought it back as it was if the changes are that minor. That said, that's definitely the iconic logo for them and I'm all for it; I hope a swap of blue for yellow happens (bringing pretty much every NBA team back to its traditional pallette.)

Hate to see the current secondary go, which was far superior to this new one and one of the best in the league. This new Pac logo, as you call it, is nothing special and dated in its aesthetic, and doesn't fit in with the new identity at all.

Hawks finally make the new secondary logo for the next season, official!

hawks-logo-timeline.jpg

Now that there are 3 active NBA megathreads, I'll just move this here from the 13-14 version.

As I said over there, note the mention of "red and white returns" in 1972 and no mention of yellow, black or navy as each was added in this logo timeline "though" the years.

The spin is real for this "iconic" logo. I think this infographic is suggesting that their true colors are red and white, no matter what additional trim they've used in the past, present or future. And if the Rockets are bringing back yellow, don't expect Atlanta to.

Outside of that typo I mentioned and no reference to Tri Cities or Milwaukee, cool graphic. I love that they are calling it Pac.

Hate to see the current secondary go, which was far superior to this new one and one of the best in the league. This new Pac logo, as you call it, is nothing special and dated in its aesthetic, and doesn't fit in with the new identity at all.

That's my only problem with it. It doesn't match any of the current logos. In all likelihood, they probably will just slightly modify the primary and replace some secondaries.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

redwhitehawk.jpg

I'm not opposed to just red and white. This is just a lazy recolor, which in actuality will happen anyway with the current primary, but I think you get the idea.

This is actually really nice. Sometimes, simple color schemes and a recolor can really improve the look of a logo. If the Hawks actually did this, I'd be in favor of it.

redwhitehawk.jpg

I'm not opposed to just red and white. This is just a lazy recolor, which in actuality will happen anyway with the current primary, but I think you get the idea.

This is actually really nice. Sometimes, simple color schemes and a recolor can really improve the look of a logo. If the Hawks actually did this, it'd be nice.

It would be nicer if a little yellow was also added.

Archived