All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A lazy argument can easily be made in the opposite direction, too: Changing a uniform to something gimmicky because it's "modern" is a cash grab begging for attention. Modern uniforms can be nice to look at for a time, but the only reason some of them get steam is social media. Uniforms aren't that simple and can't be boiled down to those arguments. Each team's uniforms should be looked at on a case-by-case basis.
  3. Today
  4. How is it "lazy and cheap?" It's all nostalgia. It couldn't possibly be because people prefer the look of the throwbacks, right?
  5. Arizona: They are great, but I think the white stripe gets lost with the silver, especially on the black pants. Keeping the pattern of letting the fabric color be the second stripe would help, but it might create a disconnect with white outlines on the jersey. Atlanta: Looks good. The black numbers on the Association does make the look a little dark.
  6. For the Falcons, I went with a more drastic change, opting for a red primary helmet instead of a black one and silver pants for Icon and Association instead of the white and black. I got rid of the side panel on the jersey and added a better wordmark on the chest. The Statement set are somewhat of a throwback to the late 60's with the only change being that I decided to scrap the TV numbers. The City uniform is inspired by the city of Atlanta having 5 HBCU's with the colors being representative of Pan-Africanism
  7. As is tradition, since the Bills traded the Chiefs the pick they used to take Mahomes... when the Bills went with Nathan Peterman, EJ Manuel, and Tyrod Taylor in 2016/7.
  8. Still need to put a blue collar on that white jersey. I'd happily take a blockier number, but won't get greedy. Just give me the collar.
  9. I'd rather take the current uniforms. Sticking to throwbacks or going to them because they're "classic" is lazy and cheap. Throwbacks are nice to think about for a time, but the only reason these get steam is nostalgia and the Rams' look was horrendous in the first years back in LA. They hit on the white version of their current uniform. Replicate it as the blue with no gradient and remove the Rams patch and you have a modern look that doesn't just feed on the "Good ole days." To even use the recent rebrands, I will take the Lions trying to transform an old look over the Jets just pulling an old look (for them to lose in them and want something new again).
  10. Penix will be 28 when the Cousins contract expires. Love is only 25 and has already been in the league for four years and will likely be in Green Bay for a decade and probably playing for the Jets when he's close to 40.
  11. So basically the last really good QB Draft Class is 2020: Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love and Jalen Hurts. The jury is still out on Tua. Would it be a surprise if Spencer Rattler or Michael Pratt have better NFL careers than Nix and McCarthy?
  12. Provided the Bills actually make the playoffs. That’s gonna be a big if this year.
  13. There are easy fixes for both those issues: Remove the TV numbers and make the helmet royal blue. Would be absolutely perfect and take little effort.
  14. The Bills need a WR so they traded with KC, who took a WR. You just know that dude is going to burn Buffalo into the ground in a playoff game.
  15. It's close enough and it looks worlds better than their current set.
  16. Except it doesn't look like that on the modern template. The number and horn get squished in a way that's unappealing and with a more modern camera, the differences in the royal blue jersey and navy helmet look awful. While the Rams didn't get everything right with the current uniform, I appreciate the attempt. Get rid of the name tag and replicate the white jersey as blue and they have a current interpretation of this that works
  17. Buffalo trades #32 and a 6th to Carolina for #33 and a 5th round pick on Saturday
  18. If not Purple, I think an Indigo (somewhere between Navy and Purple) paired with Light Blue and Copper could be different enough from a Navy/Light Blue color palette. That said, Black/Light Blue/Copper, Purple/Black/Copper, or Black/Purple/Light Blue all have a lot of potential. This would also be a great time for a team somewhere to try Brown/Light Blue, but I don’t see that being very likely for an NHL team to try it.
  19. And the Niners draft a WR, because they’re terrified of not signing Aiyuk or are ready to move on from Deebo. I’d say they need defense more than a WR, but the cap issues looming are coloring their decisions.
  20. Chop Robinson is the best name in the draft so far.
  21. Cowboys select OT Tyler Guyton from Oklahoma.....this means he's going to be a stud.
  22. I guess, but Love went at 26. Not 8 or wherever Penix went. It’s insane. Chiefs just got Mahomes the fastest player in the combine history. That’s a great pick!
  23. I think what I still can't get past more than anything is that they tried to make a move against Chicago while staying in Cook County. Chicago and Cook County aren't officially consolidated like San Francisco or Philadelphia, but the two hardly have an adversarial relationship--broadly speaking, what's good for the city is good for the county, and losing the Bears would have been bad for the city. (Of course, keeping them under Saint Kevin's onerous terms might be even worse.) And so no one except the McCaskeys could be that surprised when the county assessor found a way to hit them with a tax bill they couldn't afford and scuttled their plans. Arlington Heights was going to be in its own county once upon a time, but then the northwest suburbs started voting Democratic and I haven't heard about it since. Maybe the Bears had bad intel there too. I can still see an open-air stadium on Roosevelt with mostly private funds. Something like what the Seahawks have with covered stands. Bears, Fire, Red Stars. No ambitious surrounding development. Maybe Beyonce can split the difference and only do a ten-night residency.
  24. So are the Falcons thinking that they can "Jordan Love" Michael Penix?
  25. The Kraken use more of a light teal than a powder blue so I don't see the issue.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.