Thanksgiving throwbacks

STL FANATIC

God man.. the Lions... beauty in simplicity. Those throwbacks will always look good. And hats off to the Packers (with the uniforms anyways). Given that their "Throwback" wasn't much different from their current uniforms, but they added the gray facemask and had the thinner pants stripe. good job.

The Dolphins look good. I always liked their older Aqua color compared to the newer Aqua.

Dallas.... ugh.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I thought a major aspect of the Packers' throwback was the use of non-spandex material for the pants.  Like in the old days.

Someone else might be able to clarify this, but I don't THINK that the Packers started putting trim on the collar until more recently.  That would be the only mistake I could really see.

I thought it was very interesting and a nice touch for Miami to have the embroidery on the TV numbers cut sloppily on purpose.  No white visible in enclosed areas like 8s and 0s and in particular the use of a square orange twill bg on the 9s like on Fiedler.

I dont have a pic of this but Im sure someone else noticed and can back me up.

Happy Turkey Day all!

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

We've got to get the Bucs on for Thanksgiving. I'd love to see if they play along or go sour-puss and perhaps just wear those god-awful platinum jerseys they've teased (or threatened) us with for so long.

AND I think the Patriots also should play...so...

Cowboys-Patriots, Lions-Buccaneers.

HARDY HAR HAR!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I have a gripe with the Packers and Dolphins throwbacks and that is that they put the numbers on the shoulders when they should have been on the sleeves.  The way the uniforms are cut these days, I know it makes more sense to put the numbers on the shoulders, but still I have to point it out.  Another inaccuracy that Sterling brought up is the TV numbers on the Dolphins' jerseys.  That style was used in 1971 and '72, but not in 1973 (at which time they changed from sewn-on numbers to screen-printed).

Sterling, I noticed the "sloppy" TV numbers on the Dolphins...annoying at first, but if it's supposed to be like tat to date back to '73, then it works.

Once again, loved all the throwbacks on Thanksgiving, still one of the best ideas the NFL has had in a long time.

BTW, anyone know if the Pats are wearing throwbacks this weekend vs. the Colts? Check the banner at patriots.com...one would be led to believe they'll be wearing throwbacks this weekend. Anyone know?

Those Lions uniforms SUCK!  They are wicked wicked boring.  Gimme a blue T-shirt and put on a number, and we're done.  There's simple and then there's laziness.  This falls into the latter.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Speaking of Throwbacks where did yo get taht old Blues add St. Louis?

http://www.stlouisblues.com/billboards/billboards_0304.html

It's one of the Billboards for the Blues this year. It's part of their awesome marketing scheme this year. In the book Note By Note it has many old ads, and the Blues did a great job making these new ones really retro.

I thought it was very interesting and a nice touch for Miami to have the embroidery on the TV numbers cut sloppily on purpose. No white visible in enclosed areas like 8s and 0s and in particular the use of a square orange twill bg on the 9s like on Fiedler.

54275163312.jpg

i was wondering what happened there... it looked so odd, was that historical-ly correct?

just glad that Dallas lost, so when we bump down the Eagles this weekend, my Panthers will be back atop the food chain. haha.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I was also disappointed to see the Lions with the black facemasks as someone else mentioned, I know they never had those before this year. I think my favorite part of the throwbacks was the socks. The ones Green Bay wore were great and I wish they'd make those their regular socks. Miami's were awesome too, so mouch orange...more teams today need striped socks.

Archived