Detroit Red Wings concept

KaTo

Wow. This is one of the first RW concepts that I like. Its different, yet still classic. I'm not feeling hte grey, however. Maybe try black or even just darken it so there is more of a contrast between it and the white.

Wow. This is one of the first RW concepts that I like. Its different, yet still classic. I'm not feeling hte grey, however. Maybe try black or even just darken it so there is more of a contrast between it and the white.

I saw some wings concepts before that I really liked. I have no clue who made them soo could someone tell me? Here they are here:

fdasyre.jpg

DetroitRedWingsConceptLogo.jpg

DetroitRedWingsConceptJerseys.jpg

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Not bad, KaTo. Classic, yet very modern. However the only changes I recommend are:

1) Raise the stripes at the bottom of the jerseys down a little bit, so that there's a slightly bigger gap between the logo/numbers and the stripes

2) Try a different colour for the alternate, like black, or perhaps a dark red jersey with a new logo?

Oh, and josh_cat_eyes, that concept you found with the winged D-shield is mine. Glad you like it. :D (Not too sure who the rest belong to)

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Home/road primaries: like the torso stripes, do not like the shoulder patches (I know it comes from the wordmark, but the wordmark never really seemed to fit the team - a little too refined and dainty for hockey), the "W" looks backward on the patch, like the sleeve stripes - but perhaps it's a little bit too close to rival Toronto.

Breezers: what's with the trend of superfluous numbers on the uniforms? Sleeves and back of the sweater, back of helmet, and call it done. The Sabres have touched off an awful trend, and it needs to be rethought.

Alternate: not feelin' it. Not even a little.

All in all - there's some good here, but there's a lot I could do without.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Josh, the second concept you posted was posted on here about last year... I can't remember who made it but we all loved it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My main problem is this: The Red Wings haven't changed their jerseys. Ever. And, me being a HUGE fan of theirs, any time someone even mentions the remote possibility (I really don't think they'll do much changing with the new jerseys. Their current one fits on a new jersey just fine.), I get a little antsy. This said:

I like the way you've done the sleeve numbers. The bottom stripes are awesome. The striped socks are nice, and, although I like the pants, The white box seems unnecessary.

I don't really like the RW on the shoulders, but this is mostly because of the font, not the placement. For me, even adding the D (for Detroit, making it DRW) would be better. Really, I only like the script logo if its all there.

To be quite blunt about it, I really don't like the alts. First of all, I happen to not like alts as a general concept. Sorry. But, furthermore, introducing a third color into the Wings sacred Red and White color scheme is heresy. I just can't get past it. Not to mention, that's not the Red Wings logo. I know its a concept, but a Wing'd D doesn't work for me.

For the most part good. Some of your stuff I find myself perfering over the real ones (Sabres, Jackets, Coyotes, maybe the Pens), but, I love the Wings current jerseys too much.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

• 3 weeks later...

The Red Wings haven't changed their jerseys. Ever.

Uh...yeah they have.

Not since the Cougars/Falcons days. (We don't count the jerseys that the NHL tries to pass off as vintage jerseys from 1992. Because they themselves were vintage Cougars jerseys.)

Going through the archives at NHLUniforms.com, it would seem they've been as we know them since 1956. Minimal change since then. Thicker numbers. Vertically arched lettering. Prior to that, the major differences involved slightly different numbering and the white jerseys had white sleeves. There have been a few little logo changes (they were continually modernizing the wheel until 1948). But, since 1932, the soul of the jersey has been the same. 1 stripe on each sleeve the opposite color of the sleeve. Bottom trim the opposite color of the jersey. Winged Wheel on the chest. That's been it for as long as they've been the Red Wings.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Archived