Salt Lake FC

kewp80

I HATE the current identity of the Salt Lake MLS franchise. The name Real Salt Lake just seems fake and cheap to me, so I've tried to solve this problem with a new name, and a new identity. I kept the basic colors, just changed some of the shades.

I put the mountains from the wordmark in the background of the shield, and made the shield itself the shape of a honeycomb, to show the history of the bee. The light blue area on the bottom represents the Great Salt Lake.

Anyway I just wanted to get some C&C on this cause it just doesn't seem finished to me, and I don't know what to do next. What do you guys think?

badge1.png

PS: Hopefully I'll do some uniforms later on once I get the badge figured out.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad, I am not a fan of the font you used though. When you put outlines, do you just put a stroke on the letters? In inkscape, (which I think is what you use, right?) you can't pick to make the stroke start on the outside of the object, so when you do it to words, it thins out the letters. They are made to stay that thickness, so if you want to add an outline, you shoud duplicate your text, add a stroke, and then layer it underneath the text you had without the stroke. This will give you an outline, without making the letters thinner than they should be.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Sweet man, thanks for the tip. As for the font do you have any suggestions? I want a serif font that looks something similar, but something that looks stronger. I used Blue Ridgeway, or something like that. I'll look around. Again, thanks for the tip!

Check out my music!

I liked the first badge you had, but it does look a lot like the Rapids. Out of the new ones, I like the bottom center the best. I like the balance of the three colors and don't think you should add black for no reason.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here's some more idea's I came up with, better or worse? Which one is best?

badges2.png

You know, if I hadn't heard a question on Jeopardy the other night about the Utah state flag I would have had no clue what the beehive was for, but I think it works really well, it'd original and different. I personally like the one on the lower row in the middle (red one), but I think tthe soccer ball should be black. Like Pistons said, work on the stroke so your letters aren't so thin and squished. Great job so far!

These are great...either bottom left or bottom right, both are sweet. Posssibly a new font, but not 100% necessary. Would love to see the kits for this.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The elements dont feel "connected." Its like boom boom boom boom. I dont know how else to explain it. There needs to be a way to connect through overlapping, etc.

I would....cut the ball in half and enlarge it to fit in the bottom, enlarge and put the hive "behind" the ball and have the mountains "behind" the hive as a horizon type deal. But thats just me.

I would go with either of the middle ones. The black and blue scheme's going to the LA Galaxy, and the white and blue scheme belongs to KC. Both red/blue/gold crests are close enough to the current set, which helps considering the relative youth of the franchise. It wouldn't be smart to ditch their current colour scheme for a completely different one at this stage of the team's history.

I agree with cyandlux. It just looks like a bunch of disconected pieces thrown on a crest. Try and work in some sort of motif or stars or stripes or smething pertaining to the Salt Lake City/Utah state flag etc...

...Oh and I would get rid of the mountains. It looks too much like Colorado. Colors are fine though. My favorite is the black, blue and yellow.

NO to Real Salt Lake and NO to Salt Lake Football Club or Salt Lake FC.

This is America. Football here is played with helmets, shoulder pads and a pointy ball.

This is America. We don't call our names stupid things like Real Salt Lake or Salt Lake FC. We call them stupid names like the Utah Jazz. But at least the Jazz is a nickname, which goes with American teams.

Keep American teams American or move the damn team to Madrid. :unclesam:

This is America. Football here is played with helmets, shoulder pads and a pointy ball.

This is America. We don't call our names stupid things like Real Salt Lake or Salt Lake FC. We call them stupid names like the Utah Jazz. But at least the Jazz is a nickname, which goes with American teams.

Well at least now RSL does have a connection with Real Madrid. Sort of a sister team relationship kind of deal, so it does make some sense now, but I still agree its dumb.

I cant tell whether you're being facetious or not..... :wacko:

Shut the :censored: up. Football is soccer. Soccer will never be football. It's football everywhere else and it should be football here. If only the majority of the American population could just get their damn heads out of their :censored:es. Soccer was football before American football was ever "football".

The elements dont feel "connected." Its like boom boom boom boom. I dont know how else to explain it. There needs to be a way to connect through overlapping, etc.

I would....cut the ball in half and enlarge it to fit in the bottom, enlarge and put the hive "behind" the ball and have the mountains "behind" the hive as a horizon type deal. But thats just me.

Thanks for the advice, I was feeling this way as well.

Shut the censored.gif up. Football is soccer. Soccer will never be football. It's football everywhere else and it should be football here. If only the majority of the American population could just get their damn heads out of their es. Soccer was football before American football was ever "football".

Woah buddy, lets not get all hyped up. I mean I agree with you completely, but no need to blow a fuse over it! :P

Check out my music!

Alrighty then! Here's an update, went with cyandlux's comments, and here's what I came up with, went with only the red this time, because it seems like it's the best. The only thing I have a problem with is that you lose the sense that it's a bee hive when it's behind the ball, I may have some more ideas to play around with, expect updates soon! Thanks!

badges4.png

Just noticed that one of the lines on the ball is missing, I'll fix that, in the mean time ignore that!

EDIT: Here's my other idea, which one do you think looks better?

badges5.png

Check out my music!

Archived