Carolina Panthers - White jersey, silver pants

Badge Man

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they ought to do that all the time. There's no good reason for the team to even have a pair of white pants.

The white pants ought to be worn with the light blue jerseys.

Along with the blue socks too instead of the black ones.

KISSwall09.jpg

I still can't find the pics and had no idea they ever did this until this topic....on a similar topic...did they ever have black pants? I know they never worn them, but I remember seeing a Starting Lineup figure with them one time. Those figures weren't the most accurate, but I thought maybe the black pants might be like the Jags teal or the Browns browns.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm a Panthers fan and can confirm that it did happen, but only once. I remember it was an away game against the Colts and I believe the earlier poster is correct that it was the last game of the season.

I agree they should always wear the silver pants. However, their silver pants are significantly lighter than the helmets so when worn with white jerseys it's hard to tell the difference, really.

I still can't find the pics and had no idea they ever did this until this topic....on a similar topic...did they ever have black pants? I know they never worn them, but I remember seeing a Starting Lineup figure with them one time. Those figures weren't the most accurate, but I thought maybe the black pants might be like the Jags teal or the Browns browns.

The original uniforms featured black pants but they were never used.

Agreed with whoever said they don't even need white pants and should wear silver all the time.

I mean, I don't actually hate the idea of having some options with pants, but if a team has a scheme which allows them to wear just one pair of pants (especially when it's a colored pair), they should do so most of the team.

Patriots...I'm talking to you...you're uniforms are questionable enough with the not quite matching up side stripes and what not...why do you kill it altogether by wearing those stupid navy pants?

....and lose the blue jersey

Disagree. Ditch the black jersey, keep the blue.

Ditto for the Jags. Less black, more teal.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So I was looking for these pictures (they don't exist, I just searched the entire AP archives :D ) , but I did stumble upon:

Panthers vs Orange Crush Broncos.. I know the Panthers were around for a good 3 years or so before the Broncos changed, but it's still bizarre to see this matchup of a uni I associate with the 70s and 80s against one of the newest teams:

2069795789_3cf7a4b153.jpg

And, just for fun, the horribly ugly black pants with enormous white stripe the Ravens used to wear:

2069796609_3576cf34ec.jpg

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

YES, YES, YES!!! I am soooooooo glad that someone remembers this! I have been looking for pictures of this for years!!! In fact, I made the following post in the request forum back in August...

Carolina Panthers White / Silver uni evidence

Back on December 27, 1998 the Panthers played the Colts in Indy. The Panthers wore thier White tops and Silver pants at the request of team president Marc Richardson. This is the only time that they have ever wore this uni combo. Problem is , I can not find any pjotos from the game or any articles that support my memory. Can anybody help me with this!?

Thanks!

I am a huge Panthers fan and I totally remember this game!

good topic, as a charlotte native and Panther fan since pre-'95, i don't remember (nor can find any images of the white on silvers).

the orange crush is Kerry Collins (rookie year) in a preseason aug 12, 95 at Clemson (note inaugural patch in KCs jersey).

no luck on gettyimages either.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived