MLB Jerseys by KevinMets

kevinmets

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love all of these especially that Rays alternate. The only things I don't like are: the Orange script on the Mets home (think it should be blue), also the Dbacks alternate hat I don't think sand looks good as a hat color. Otherwise these concepts have a lot of great features.

diamondbacks.jpg

I decided to give the D'Backs a color scheme actually reminiscent of snakes. Go figure.

I originally was gonna use black more as a third color, but when I was done the only black I had was on the road cap, and it looked out of place.

I'd make the road number the same as the home number. (That is, gold numbers throughout.)

Packers-2.png

WOW, WOW, and WOW! :D This is great. I absolutely adore the Mets road script, and way to drop the black. The DBacks are phonominal, I'll take olive green and sand over sedona red and black or purple and green any day. And the Rays are easily the best one, I am a huge fan of both the sunburst logo and the swimming devil ray logo, and you incorperated them in the perfect comobnation. The road is great, way to get Tampa Bay on it. And I LOVE the alt, that color of green with navy and yellow definately says Rays to me. Bravo! Can't wait to see the rest of the concept.

EDIT: And didn't see the Cubs...I don't know how you do it. Awesome.

25yzwqg.png

rays.jpg

I added the sunburst logo to their hat, the Ray to their home script, swapped out the powder blue for a light green, and ladies and gentlemen my proudest logo (thus far) the Tampa Bay road script!!

Kind of looks like the Motre Bame Brewers color-wise. (Then again, I think the Brewers should adopt what you've done for the D-Backs, seeing as how those are (close to) beer colors.) The green would be interesting to see on a real jersey.

Packers-2.png

cubs.jpg

Put the old 1962-78 cub into the cap C and tried my hand at a Cubs script. As much as I think there are too many blue & red teams that need color changes (you'll see...) the Cubs wouldn't work in any other color scheme.

A pet peeve of mine has been the red outline on the home numbers, which started when they added NOBs. (The numbers were blue when they didn't have home NOBs.) This will sound odd, but ... what about a white outline instead, which would break up the pinstripes just enough to distinguish the numbers from the pinstripes?

Packers-2.png

I really like the Mets concept - that set is just about perfect for a traditional design and looks a damn sight better than what they have now.

The Diamondbacks are okay, not much different than what they wear now. I'm not really a fan of the color scheme, it looks just as dull and lifeless as their current one, IMO. I also would like to see you use the "D snake" logo in some capacity. And I know it's not your fault, but those scripts are terrible. Maybe you could bring back the old ones.

The Rays scripts are great and a huge improvement the current ones. The one thing I'm not sure about is that puke green color. It looks sort of good as a drop shadow and in the trim but it looks putrid on a uniform. Oh, and it needs more gradient.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow, I'm fairly impressed with all of these.

Really diggin' the Mets, but try to stay consistant with the use of outlines in the script and numbers (for the home, the script has 2 and the numbers have one. The road script has 2 and the numbers have 2; stick with one outline for the numbers).

D-Backs look okay, I almost prefer their current scheme. Looks alright.

The Rays; not a fan of the yellow-blue-green scheme at all, it just looks bad. Even when the Jazz brought it back it still looked ugly. I think you should add the light blue in place of the green, and you've got it.

The Cubs... I would use the more recent version of the Cub-head-C logo. I'm not moved by any of it, just looks okay to me.

Mets: I really like that you kept the piping consistent and only have one white uniform (which I hate about their current unis), and the "New York" script is really nice. Personally, I would make the script, numbers, and NOB the same color on each uniform and outline the numbers on the home jersey.

D-Backs: I would go back to the colors they have now...IMO their uniforms are one of the best sets in baseball.

Rays: I love the subtle green in the color scheme, and those scripts with the ray are awesome. I also like the number shadows - well done. My only criticism is I would make the alternate navy, since it's the primary color, but with white numbers of course.

Cubs: As a die-hard Cubs fan, I must say I hate these. Not that they aren't well done, but there's just too much tradition in their home uniform, and I think they look really good. If you're going to change the bear I'd use the one from the '80s (like in my sig), and if you're going to use a "Cubs" script I would use the cursive one that briefly appeared in the '90s and put it on the blue jersey (which IMO could really use a change).

Overall these look good though, and I look forward to seeing the rest!

There's some good things happening here, I'll critique more later.

The Rays alt is the perfect color for them. I'd actually go with matching pants and make that the road (or at least an alt road) look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

these are great! I like the new color schemes. There is way too much red and navy and royal blue in the MLB.

-Def love more Red for the Red Sox.

-I like the Rangers look. It looks a little more like what an actual ranger uniform might look like, though i do think they have a strong connection to the red white and blue because of the Texas flag.

-The Rays wordmarks look really sharp. I don't know that I like them on the jersey but they look really well done. Also really like navy, green and yellow. a color combo i really wish we would see more of.

-I like the Mets too, def glad you got rid of the black, the only change I would make is to add pinstripes to the home whites.

Keep 'em coming! these are fun to check out.

I'm a big KC fan so I'm looking forward to see what you'll do with the Royals.

Also, i'm kind of new to the board, did you use a template or just work with and adjust they current sets on ccsl?

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Archived