Melbourne Rebels Super 15 jersey

kiwi_canadian

The Super 15's newest team, the Melbourne Rebels have released their new primary play strip.

189472-stirling-mortlock-rebels.jpg

They will play with white shorts and blue socks.

Something of interest, the 5 stars on the jersey represent the Rebels Creed:

Respect

Excellence

Balance

Ethos

Leadership

Thats retarded. An Ethos is a Creed.

Its an improvement over the initial logo they put out:

melbourne_rebels_page_image1.jpg

Thats an interesting call on the jerseys. So now the Brumbies, Force, Warratahs and the Rebels all playing in Aus, all in blue.

Thats retarded. An Ethos is a Creed.

Its an improvement over the initial logo they put out:

melbourne_rebels_page_image1.jpg

The whole 5-point plan is just one big wank. Wearing 5 stars on your jersey to represent your club's standards isn't going to stop your players getting pissed one night and running naked through a hotel lobby*

I wasn't a fan of their ARC-era logo, but their ARC jerseys were better imo.

the-arc-melbourne-rebels-jersey-and-colours.jpg

(* or something of equal headline value...you know the sort of stuff I mean.)

The whole 5-point plan is just one big wank. Wearing 5 stars on your jersey to represent your club's standards isn't going to stop your players getting pissed one night and running naked through a hotel lobby*

(* or something of equal headline value...you know the sort of stuff I mean.)

You mean like pooping all over the place?

(It's the Roosters way.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 3 months later...

Couldn't find a better thread in which to post the rest of the new Super Rugby jerseys, and didn't want to start a whole new one when 99% of the community won't care. Having said that Adidas has released the new jerseys for the New Zealand based teams. While I like the color changes I'm not a fan of the single template for all the teams.

The Blues (Home then away)

blueshome.jpg

Blues_Away.jpg

Chiefs

chiefshomemessam.jpg

chiefsaway.jpg

Crusaders

sadershome.jpg

Highlanders

highlanders2f.jpg

highlanders.jpg

Hurricanes

canes.jpg

canesaway.jpg

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I designed a couple of jerseys for the Rebels in early 2010 when it was anounced that they would enter the Super 15's.

This one was one of the first:

melbournerebelshome.jpg

Added Red to this one as Melbourne City Council is Red White and Blue:

melbornerebelshome1-1.jpg

This is one that is similar to the old ARC jersey:

rebellion.gif

I have a couple more i'll try to find.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Couldn't find a better thread in which to post the rest of the new Super Rugby jerseys, and didn't want to start a whole new one when 99% of the community won't care. Having said that Adidas has released the new jerseys for the New Zealand based teams. While I like the color changes I'm not a fan of the single template for all the teams.

The Blues (Home then away)

blueshome.jpg

Blues_Away.jpg

Chiefs

chiefshomemessam.jpg

chiefsaway.jpg

Crusaders

sadershome.jpg

Highlanders

highlanders2f.jpg

highlanders.jpg

Hurricanes

canes.jpg

canesaway.jpg

I completely agree. Hopefully each country will have differing templates (?). Anyways, the red Highlanders jersey reminds me of Real Salt Lake.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I completely agree. Hopefully each country will have differing templates (?). Anyways, the red Highlanders jersey reminds me of Real Salt Lake.

The only team Adidas sponsors outside of New Zealand in Super Rugby is the Stormers, so it should be interesting to see what happens with their look.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I'd like to thank adidas for proving themselves to be pro sports' laziest outfitter on a global scale. Well done, template slags!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So when did Ford stop being the title shirt sponsor for the NZ based Super Rugby teams? Think the BNZ(what ever it is) looks a lot better and is a bit more neutral that a big blue Ford logo. It only looks out of place on the Chiefs away jerseys. As for the design themselves, I think that's the way everything is going now. One common template for everyone. Cheaper to do I guess. Something about the Highlanders is just bugging me. Ever singe they changed from 2005, I think they have missed the boat...Kind of like the Sabres.

I realy love the crusaders and chiefs home jerseys. The rebels design is boring and their ARC design was much better. I still think that the force have the best sets in the comp after getting rid of that horrible yellow jersey.

Sub_Home_pose_sm.jpg

Sub_Away_pose_sm.jpg

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

BNZ took over last year. I think the problem with the Highlanders lately is that they are over using the yellow, not to mention the yellow from the last few years looks to be a lighter shade then they were using before.

But the yellow is a key component of the Otago province that the Highlanders are predominantly drawn from? They under-use it in favour of that dark red from Southland (who also use yellow, more reason to put plenty in the Highlanders kits) imo.

Waratahs.... oh dear. The Canterbury template that will not die.

liverpool-1.png

Archived