NFL Hoodie-Jerseys

Artisan219

So I was looking at NFL apparel awhile back and it struck me a bit odd that the NFL replica jerseys would be so popular. In many NFL cities, it's too cold for jerseys after August, and most fans like to wear NFL apparel to game. So I thought I'd make a facsimile jersey out of a hoodie. In due course, however, I realized that this allowed me to make concept jerseys rather easily (each of this gif files is made using one 3DS Max file and seven texture images).

The first (and I have 40 of them to post) is Seattle. I really hate that one-color theme they have going. And I have to imagine from a merchandise standpoint that that algae green isn't very popular in a dismal grey Northwest winter. So after the Seahawks-Rams game that closed out the regular season, I made this design.

SeattleSeahawks-1.gif

You'll notice I tried to incorporate a lot more lime green into the jersey and used the dark blue to add some good contrast. Essentially this design pulls together the home and alternate jerseys into a singular design (this was kind of a theme, I don't have any alternates, just home and road jerseys).

This is a good idea but i think it would work better if you just copied the team's jersey design straight onto the hoodie. This would work really well with hockey jerseys as well

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

That is pretty cool. I have a Bengals hoodie that is just the helmet design on the hood, and then a wordmark across the chest. Your idea is much better.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

really creative idea to make the hood the helmet...i personally would never wear one (i'm not a jersey wearing kind of guy), but i think the market for them could be really big, especially if they replicated an actual uniform more closely (like the reebok one linked by means, with the helmet on the hood)

jldesigns404eo.png

Wish I had it still, when I was a kid, I had a white Redskins hooded sweatshirt with a burgundy Skins helmet on the hood, with the stripe down the middle and helmet logos on the sides. On the front, it had the same numbering/lettering as the Franklin uniform sets for kids...with #17 (Doug Williams). That was an awesome shirt.

Similar idea here, just has back graphics.

87Redskins.png

why would you change the team name and add turquoise? :blink:

Simply this was part of my logo project. I was asked by a friend (a full-blooded Cherokee and a Maryland native, no less) to come up with a team identity that was more politically correct, especially for the national capitol.

The turquoise was my own doing, and I put it in because I thought the jersey needed a third color and because turquoise is so closely associated with Native American adornments.

Also, though this had nothing to do in the concept phase, Buster hates me making any changes to the Redskins, and for some reason that just makes me feel all toasty inside.

So I was looking at NFL apparel awhile back and it struck me a bit odd that the NFL replica jerseys would be so popular. In many NFL cities, it's too cold for jerseys after August, and most fans like to wear NFL apparel to game. So I thought I'd make a facsimile jersey out of a hoodie. In due course, however, I realized that this allowed me to make concept jerseys rather easily (each of this gif files is made using one 3DS Max file and seven texture images).

The first (and I have 40 of them to post) is Seattle. I really hate that one-color theme they have going. And I have to imagine from a merchandise standpoint that that algae green isn't very popular in a dismal grey Northwest winter. So after the Seahawks-Rams game that closed out the regular season, I made this design.

SeattleSeahawks-1.gif

You'll notice I tried to incorporate a lot more lime green into the jersey and used the dark blue to add some good contrast. Essentially this design pulls together the home and alternate jerseys into a singular design (this was kind of a theme, I don't have any alternates, just home and road jerseys).

Nice

Make it a zip hoodie and throw the standard jersey on there, and it's a winner. If 'algae green' wasn't a good seller in the pacific northwest, it would be gone. The Seahawks are among the league leaders in merchandise sales to market size ratio.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived