University of Central Arkansas is petitioning NCAA for Purple Turf

RDGraphics

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm not a traditionalist by any means, but I've hated colored turf since I first saw Boise State's blue turf. The red turf from a few months ago was kinda hideous. Now this? This needs to be nipped in the bud before it starts getting out of hand and every school wants a colored turf.

Color your endzones, leave the rest green.

TDZiMMB.png

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=204919830

LSU did this as April Fools joke a few years back.

Even if UCA were actually going to ever do this you don't have to petition the NCAA to change your field color and there will never be a rule like that which regulates the color of the field. Ever.

But fear not traditionalists, UCA isn't actually considering doing this and if they are, they're doing it under the cloak of complete secrecy, because there's nary an article anyplace on the internet regarding it.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

LSU did this as April Fools joke a few years back.

Last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Please NCAA, for once in your meaningless existence, do something right and put an end to this trend once and for all.

For once, I'd agree with the NCAA if they banned this garbage. Boise State can be grandfathered in but the rest...get some green grass.

Even that red turf (Eastern Washington or something like that) may have to stay since it's already down...but no more schools!

You know FAMU will jump on the bandwagon. Then Oregon, probably with a silver and florescent yellow-alternating field. Yikes.

87Redskins.png

Then Oregon, probably with a silver and florescent yellow-alternating field. Yikes.

Please, stop giving Oregon new ideas!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Please NCAA, for once in your meaningless existence, do something right and put an end to this trend once and for all.

For once, I'd agree with the NCAA if they banned this garbage. Boise State can be grandfathered in but the rest...get some green grass.

Even that red turf (Eastern Washington or something like that) may have to stay since it's already down...but no more schools!

You know FAMU will jump on the bandwagon. Then Oregon, probably with a silver and florescent yellow-alternating field. Yikes.

Come on, you and I both know they'd switch field colours for every home game.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm not a traditionalist by any means, but I've hated colored turf since I first saw Boise State's blue turf. The red turf from a few months ago was kinda hideous. Now this? This needs to be nipped in the bud before it starts getting out of hand and every school wants a colored turf.

Color your endzones, leave the rest green.

Preach...painted endzones is all any school should get, the rest is green. Done.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Then Oregon, probably with a silver and florescent yellow-alternating field. Yikes.

No, if Oregon did something like this, the field would be a different color for every game.

Sadly, it seems that everybody's trying to be the next Boise State, when... newsflash... you can't be the next anything, especially when it's already been done.

No, if Oregon did something like this, the field would be a different color for every game.

Arizona should do something like really modern uniforms or red turf. Then they'd be just like Oregon. :P

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived