New Memphis Grizzlies logo

txhockeyfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, great find! I am overall, dissappointed. The bear looks like a :censored: baby bear. Wordmark, not bad. It's a little too plain for my liking. Hopefully the colors can fix this logo because it stands far too simple and not agressive right now. I highly doubt it will get better though as the new colors are gold and baby blue. Oh well. It's not BAD but its nothing great. 7/10

78418892.jpg

Hmmm...that "Memphis" typeface face errily similar to the Blue Jays old typeface.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The bear looks like a :censored: baby bear.

No it doesn't! It's a nice simple change and it's by far better than the old. There's something that has to be said about simplicity!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Hmmm...that "Memphis" typeface face errily similar to the Blue Jays old typeface.

That's what stuck out for me. Not only that this logos also reminds me of the Timberwolves with the shadow on the right side. They're not the Grizzlies, they're the Timberjays!

I saw, I came, I left.

I think it looks fantastic. It's a simple design, but with all the recent crap to come out, this is a welcome change. I really liked the old stuff, but I think this is on par with the old logo. I personally love the old blue jays type-face and I'm glad to see it's back.

I don't know if it's an improvement over their old primary or not (I think it's about equal), but I'm sure going to miss the paw/basketball logo. Plus the new color scheme doesn't say "Grizzlies" to me like black, copper, and red (screw that goofy seafoam green they used).

Does anyone else think that bear is in dire need of Metamucil? He's on the virge of blowing an O-ring.

Not bad execution, just not sure if it's a good enough logo to undergo a re-branding process for.

Really all they need is two colors within the bear head and maybe a 3rd in the text. I'm glad someone thought outside of the box with this one.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

They had one of the best bears in logos today... the old Vancouver Grizzly was a terrific rendition of an angry bear. This isn't bad, but it sure isn't better than what they had.

...and I'm not real fond of the colour change. I heard they were going with FedEx colours? Regardless, they had a relatively unique scheme with teal, red, and black (and a bit of brown) that didn't look that bad at all.

The Jays font should've stayed with the Jays instead of moving to Memphis and leaving the Jays with the garbage they've got now.

I wouldn't call this 'outside the box thinking'... outside the box thinking is what the Rockets did and what the Dallas Stars did... and outside the box thinking usually has a pretty high failing rate. In this case, they basically rehashed an old idea (wow, how original, a simple bear face) with a simple style.

Great find TXHockeyFan!

Another win for the Creamerboard.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Really all they need is two colors within the bear head and maybe a 3rd in the text.  I'm glad someone thought outside of the box with this one.

It's not a bad logo by any means, but I hardly see how it's "outside the box". It's a bear head.

Really all they need is two colors within the bear head and maybe a 3rd in the text. I'm glad someone thought outside of the box with this one.

It's not a bad logo by any means, but I hardly see how it's "outside the box". It's a bear head.

Why? For the NBA it is outside of the box. You may find something like this in AAA baseball or even a minor hockey league but this is a new style for the NBA.

Retired Number's To Come

Why? For the NBA it is outside of the box. You may find something like this in AAA baseball or even a minor hockey league but this is a new style for the NBA.

I have to agree with Avenger. It's a great logo, but it's a bear head, hardly "outside the box"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

well if i remember Pantones colour game from a few months back they are going with colours that are eerily similar to the Denver Nuggets new look... a shame really.... and he mentioned the old jays typeface when describing the new logo

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Aside from the Timberwolves, Raptors, Bucks, Hawks, and Bulls (though less modern), of course. <_<

Well with any logo released in today's world you'll have those who like it and those who hate it. Apparently, I'm just one of the few who like it.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived